[ROM][4.1.2] Slim Bean-I9300 [All Languages]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

huzz

Apr 1, 2005
AlAin
Contacts seem to crash too on incoming calls as well while trying to make calls.

Droidphilev

Hi,

Thanks for this rom!!!

I think i found a small but annoying bug that shows up in some other roms too:

In profiles "disable vibrate" isn't working. If you want to put all sounds and vibration off, vibration stays enabled.

---------- Post added at 06:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 AM ----------

Hi,

another one: disable HSDPA (i chose UMTS only) in 'galaxy III settings' doesn't seem to work

Smoothface

Oct 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Sorry.....t9 madre mistakes.....
It is what i did.......wipe data, format system, flash i9300, flash common 2.2 than reboot....but i have some freeze. Try wipe cache and dalvik.....nothing.
I used slim ROM on my gs1 and gs3......i know that ROM is fast and stable.....
I'LL try install it again......

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium App

Try flashing this old hwcomposer... vsync will not work but freezes should be gone. I personally use it as the new hwcomposer pulled from the newer samsung leaked jb builds has freezing problems and will likely be so until sources are released.

All credit goes to temasek for uploading/keeping this available and the old hwcomposer is originally done by the CM team.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=30464201&postcount=1636

Freddy1990

Oct 28, 2010
Works pretty well, still a bit buggy here and there... A notable bug I found is that when you enable the LED flash through the toggle in the notifications panel, it pretty much crashes the system ui.

blend.

Jan 18, 2012
Ballymena
This is ridiculously smooth with Holo HD. Loving it so far : )

Just a small (trivial) question: could you make the Slim ICS bootanimation available for download please?

thazlett

Mar 19, 2007
London
try this patch, let me know. flash in recovery.

I have the the same I think. My one isn't greyed out, but when I tick the NFC box it then greys out. This zip had no effect for me.

EDIT: Flashed this ROM this morning.... Love it, great work! This ROM is exactly what I have been waiting for. It ticks all the boxes for me.

Last edited:

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
Same zip didn't work

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

Oh and also I appear to have 2 cameras and 2 gallery apps is there a quick fix? Shall I just delete one using root explorer?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

does nfc work on cm10? if so, find me any relevant commits. as for gallery , one is 8mp and other is for picasa sync. delete via root explorer, the googlegallery, if you don't care abt that.

Reactions: Zackme

zata

Nov 23, 2008
I have the the same I think. My one isn't greyed out, but when I tick the NFC box it then greys out.

NFC is working fine for me :)
GPS too :)

but I had serious problems with installation, I flashed and wiped everything many times before it started working fine :)
One time I had no launcher after installation but everything else was working fine, many times I had only small boot animation and everything hanged after generating dalvik cache but only for 43 or so apps and hanged at starting apps.
After about 30 minutes of "fighting" everything works fine :p

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
NFC is working fine for me :)
GPS too :)

but I had serious problems with installation, I flashed and wiped everything many times before it started working fine :)
One time I had no launcher after installation but everything else was working fine, many times I had only small boot animation and everything hanged after generating dalvik cache but only for 43 or so apps and hanged at starting apps.
After about 30 minutes of "fighting" everything works fine :p

good to know. as regards to no launcher you either forgot to flash common 2.2 or flashed that first then device. always device first. then common.

zata

Nov 23, 2008
good to know. as regards to no launcher you either forgot to flash common 2.2 or flashed that first then device. always device first. then common.

I noticed this before with other rom's based on CM10 with gapps package - it never worked for me to flash gapps in the same recovery session as base rom I had to boot once without gapps, reboot to recovery and flash them one more time. This time was similar but with common 2.2 - I don't know if this is only happening to me but it was not first time :) while flashing the second package there is no error message, everything looks fine and is finished with success message but it takes to less time than it should.

Never mind, most important that everything is working and rom is great. THX

PS.
I know that my English is not good :)

sharpinho

I tested this my self before release and GPS was working found my position in 5 seconds u need to do full wipe try again or just clear cache

I'm talking about the option to have location determined by Wi-Fi or mobile network. The option is ticked but both Google Now and Juice Defender state that its disabled.

GPS itself isn't a problem, Copilot works fine with GPS on.

I did a full wipe before flashing, but I'll try flashing again and fixing permissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP.png

Important Notes:

• Fully compiled from AOSP source ( source.android.com) with our mods.
    • Read the Change-log and installation instructions from the official website carefully.
    • Feature requests will be ignored in general, but we will review ( if a relevant commit or source is provided) and then decide.
    • Strictly NO ports based on our ROM zip (official or unofficial build) file, manifest.xml will be updated regularly and feel free to compile from source.
    Check out our feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Change-log go here

Instructions
    For installation instructions please go here
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Change-log

Downloads
    Get our latest ROM here.
    You can get Slim Gapps and other Addons from here.

FAQ
    Check out our FAQ before posting!
    Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Bug list
    For a list of confirmed bugs look here

Credits
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the source code.
    This one for me. Took me a little while but SB is here for I9300.

For new slim users, read website main page and installation instructions.
    Always flash in the following order

1. I9300.zip
    2. Common 2.2.zip ( has gapps among others, including multi dpi play store, don't flash another one)
    3. any extras you want.
    EDIT: I am having some issues uploading to my main website, so grab I9300 zip from here

EDIT 2: It's up on my main site. Get it from the downoads tab there. ( slimroms.net)

EDIT 3: Any wifi issues follow post 4 by buster041284

EDIT 4: NFC Fix here

Rest is available on website.
    2.7 Released. Read Changelog Carefully.
    looks like 9300 will join the family for 4.2.1 in the next release :)
    3.1 released

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2