JWMD Phone Reset v1.5b

Search This thread

Nullstring

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 15, 2009
Baguio
www.jaysonragasa.net
:D I just made a little app this morning and just a thought of sharing it to you.

This little app has a capbility of reseting and shutting down your phone. I put a little design which I think you notice the look was a little Windows Phone 7 or the Metro Style?

here are some of screen shots
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Countdown Timer
The countdown timer gives you time to decide on what you want to do (it's just 5 seconds anyway) and if you want to reset your device immediately, tap on the center button; and if you want to Cancel the reset, you can always tap the Left Red X button but if you thought you want to Shutdown your device, you will still have time to tap the right button.

What's with confirmation messages?
1 reason is, development standards..
And the idea was, you might statistically or probably 1 of 10 person accidentally tap the Cancel or Shutdown button.. So we want to confirm if the end-user really want to do that? So what we do is .. to ASK. :)

CONFIGURING JWMD Phone Reset
You can find a little file named "Settings.ini" somewhere you installed this application:

If in "Device"
\Program Files\JWMD Phone Reset

If in "Storage Card"
\Storage Card\Program Files\JWMD Phone Reset

Now open that Settings.ini
And you'll see (by default):
1|5|1

1st Digit: Enable/Disable Countdown Timer
2nd Digit: Timer Interval
3rd Digit: Enable/Disable Confirmation Messages.

So if you want to disable Countdown Timer and Confirmation Messages. You must have something like this.
0|5|0

To make the Countdown longer, e.g. 10 seconds
1|10|1

and SAVE. That's it.

HOW TO SKIN
There are 7 JPG files in %installpath%\JWMD Phone Reset\images folder:
Background.jpg
Cancel_Normal.jpg
Cancel_Tap.jpg
Reset_Normal.jpg
Reset_Tap.jpg
Shutdown_Normal.jpg
Shutdown_Tap.jpg
The image file names are pretty self explainable :)

Notes:
This doesn't hook the Power Button.
This is not Bug Free.

Compatible in this resolutions:
QVGA, VGA, WVGA, SqVGA

FUTURE:
Hook it on Power Button
Configuration UI

Comments and Feedbacks are much appreciated.

Release History
May 12, 2010 - Version 1.5b
- Background and Buttons are skinnable
- added SqVGA support

May 2, 2010 - Version 1.2b
- Is now configurable

May 1, 2010 - Version 1c
- Shutdown is now properly working.
NOTE Before Installing v1c
- Uninstall the program first in Uninstall Program and look for something like
- "Default Company Name" blah .. blah ..

April 30, 2010
- Initial Release

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 6,178
  • Screen02.jpg
    Screen02.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 6,043
  • new-3.jpg
    new-3.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 6,027
  • new-4.jpg
    new-4.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 6,009
  • JWMDReset_Setup_1c.CAB
    285.7 KB · Views: 354
  • JWMDReset_Setup_1.2b.CAB
    287.4 KB · Views: 664
  • JWMDReset_Setup_1.5b.CAB
    308 KB · Views: 1,280
Last edited:

zinconnu

Jun 12, 2008
yes, it'll work on your Acer device

Ok, i've finally tryed, and it works perfectly.:)
But i don't really like the confirmation messages (for cancel, ...) and the auto-reset countdown. I would like to use it to shutdown my phone too, not to reset it everyday. ;)

Thanks for this app', very promising in my opinion ! (and it could be better with french support but i know, it's a beta...:D).

Nullstring

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 15, 2009
Baguio
www.jaysonragasa.net
Ok, i've finally tryed, and it works perfectly.:)
But i don't really like the confirmation messages (for cancel, ...) and the auto-reset countdown. I would like to use it to shutdown my phone too, not to reset it everyday. ;)

Thanks for this app', very promising in my opinion ! (and it could be better with french support but i know, it's a beta...:D).

Countdown Timer
The countdown timer gives you time to decide on what you want to do and if you want to reset your device immediately, tap on the center button; and if you want to Cancel the reset, you can always tap the Left Red X button but if you thought you want to Shutdown your device, you will still have time to tap the right button.

What's with confirmation messages?
1 reason is, development standards..
And the idea was, you might statistically or probably 1 of 10 person accidentally tap the Cancel or Shutdown button.. So we want to confirm if the end-user really want to do that? So what we do is .. to ASK.

ProjektFuze

Mar 11, 2009
Lynnwood
cool app... love the layout.. but i am actually one of the users that despise the confirmation messages....

i had to go out and buy a reset app... which was saved in the middle of my phone on a quick link.. and right when i push it.. it resets the phone.. that i think is proper functionality of a soft reset button...

but for something that you created in a short amount of time.. this is very impressive work.. and i love the look of it.. good job mate

xcln_z

Mar 17, 2006
Greetings Nullstring...
Tried this app on my samsung i780 WM6.5.3, error says device not supported. Would it be possible to have this app work on my beloved i780?
TIA