2.1 update for UK streaks

Search This thread

squalllion1uk

Aug 12, 2010
By the way when I updated mine just there I noticed it hanged on the dell and 02 splash screen for a bit not long maybe a few minutes but it installed fine so :)
Did a wee benchy linpack 6.9 and quad 860 which is up from 676 at 1.6 which is still higher than the results engadget got though linpack results are the same as engadget.

Last edited:

aletib

Mar 27, 2008
dont think I made this clear enough!

THIS IS FOR 21 baseband streaks UK

rename to update.pkg
boot into stock recovery (clockwork doesnt recognise .pkg files)

yes its 2.1

yes it has scrolling backgrounds not like the 1.6 so one image, 5 screens..

and live wallpapers :D

it also has 720p recording, but looks like 8fps !

FYI: I've been able to install 2.1 on mine (an unlocked French one) but only because I previously used a custom image that I installed due to some problems rooting. I will move back to -00 as soon as there's a 2.1 update :)

zwuncki

Aug 21, 2005
I got 2.1 working on dell beta streak usa using custom Rom method.... Damn I miss the old keyboard

I Have a custom rom and custom recovery, but I don't get the Update.pkg to update. Not from File Manager, not from recovery.

recovery => Installation aborted

File Manager => after reboot => signature invalid (or something like that)

ComfySofa

May 25, 2009
Hi. Just for anyone thats a bit worried about flashing theirs...

Mine was a rooted 1.6 from o2.

put the update.pkg on the memory card start the phone with the vol+ & - held then power up. select the firmware update option.ing

Now at that point mine did some unexpected stuff....firstly it looked like it hung half way through but after about 2 mins it carried on. Then, after that another flashing type logo appeared...sat there for about a minute. Then the o2 logo flashed on and off about 3 or 4 times then sat there for a min with a black screen then it came up.

Thats what mine did anyway....i only say as at everytime mine paused hed i thought it was possibly bricked. Might help people when they upgrade so they know what to expect.

RedMist

Jan 18, 2008
Swansea
This has to be a beta.

Problems with size of photos, slow video, hanging when turning off wifi, no front facing camera, screen not turning off fully.

Any other issues?

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App

zwuncki

Aug 21, 2005
I have had the screen problem with 1.6. too. That's not a 2.1 issue.

German system with a lot of english phrases...

battletank

Jun 22, 2005
London
... No built in widgets (email etc), poor wifi (no 'N' support), poor battery life and slow.

Absolutely a beta, not been optimized at all.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

zwuncki

Aug 21, 2005
Mine is quite fast, battery as before...

Some people restore a backup from 1.6

Very stupid idea. If people do that people don't have to wonder about disadvantages.

PaulKen

Aug 8, 2008
Craigavon
To add to the issue list.
I had direct dial and webpage shortcuts on my home screen. They lost their IDs. They worked but i couldnt tell them apart :)
I notice you need to touch the screen longer and harder in some cases. Perhaps that explains some of the keyboard issues.
Can't get a digital clock to work. Either it wont refresh or doesnt display right.
2.1 is much quicker than 1.6, but lots of annoying little niggles

Lets hope Dell put more work into the official release

zwuncki

Aug 21, 2005
Yeah, the contact IDs are being deleted. It then only says "Telefon" (Phone) instead of names.

Cypher84

May 21, 2009
Awesome! I was all prepared to wait ages for it then it comes out of the blue. All the changes are great so far, psx4droid works perfect now even performance is a little better. Keyboard is still a bit weak though, anyone got the htc keyboard working?

Edit: Got the droidx keyboard working fine, in portrait its excellent but its way too tall in landscape, anyone know if this can be adjusted?

jdsemler

Aug 17, 2007
Austin
I got 2.1 going on my Streak, but I noticed I couldn't see protected apps in the Android Market. I edited the build.prop file of my phone in a way similar to what the Eris Market fix should, but the Eris Market Fix app bricked my phone, so don't use it. The only change I did was to the fingerprint. I changed it to this:

ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.1-update1/ESE81/29593:user/release-keys

I got the idea from this Rogdor fellow:

http://androidforums.com/913412-post1.html

All you need to do is overwrite your /system/build.prop file with the one I attached, kill the Android Market app with SystemPanelLite, then launch the Android Market app. I used Root Explorer to easily overwrite the file, but use whatever works for you.

If it matters, I'm also using Market Access to pass my SIM off as US T-Mobile, but that doesn't really impact the above.

Attachments

• build.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 91