stucked in 4.4.4,with locked BL

Search This thread

aneeshmbabu

May 22, 2013
Pune
i got mobile in my hand in india few days before , i connected with wifi i got notification for update and i updated and its now running in 4.4.4,but
now i realized that i stucked with no root for 4.4.4 cant possible to downgrade also with a locked BL, i checked motorola website no official unlocking BL for droid maxx , screwed like anythyng,, also after the update battery draining like anything , also headphone also not detecting, before it worked perfectly in 4.4 , devs help me out , is any root method for 4.4

sorry for my bad english ;(

teerout

Feb 12, 2012
Nevada
Samsung Galaxy S21+
i got mobile in my hand in india few days before , i connected with wifi i got notification for update and i updated and its now running in 4.4.4,but
now i realized that i stucked with no root for 4.4.4 cant possible to downgrade also with a locked BL, i checked motorola website no official unlocking BL for droid maxx , screwed like anythyng,, also after the update battery draining like anything , also headphone also not detecting, before it worked perfectly in 4.4 , devs help me out , is any root method for 4.4

there is a way to get root on 4.4. once you have upgraded to 4.4.4 I dont know if you can revert or not. You may want to read this thread, it saved me once.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2580060

CrazyRussianXDA

Dec 29, 2010

If your bootloader is locked - no root for 4.4.4 yet, if ever

If your bootloader is unlocked, you can flash a custom recovery and root.

Cannot downgrade from 4.4.4 and it does not matter if your bootloader locked or unlocked

Last edited:

aneeshmbabu

May 22, 2013
Pune
bro can u explain me if I buy unlock code from chineese website can I possible to downgade in to jelly bean and root.. ?? pls explain me in deatail.. or if I bought unlock code I buy unlock code for my mobile its on 4.4.4 now then how I can possible to flash custom recovery and root ..without going back to jelly bean.. explain in deatail pls

sorry for my bad english

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

aneeshmbabu

May 22, 2013
Pune
can anyone explain me how to flash custom recovery and root if I buy unlock code .. help will be appreciated.

CrazyRussianXDA

Dec 29, 2010
bro can u explain me if I buy unlock code from chineese website can I possible to downgade in to jelly bean and root.. ?? pls explain me in deatail.. or if I bought unlock code I buy unlock code for my mobile its on 4.4.4 now then how I can possible to flash custom recovery and root ..without going back to jelly bean.. explain in deatail pls

sorry for my bad english

If you buy an unlock code from china and unlock your phone (please note that during unlocking the bootloader your phone will be reset and wiped, including pictures and other user files) then you can flash custom recovery and root.

Even unlocked and rooted, you will not be able to downgrade - you are stuck on 4.4.4.

For unlocking and flashing custom recovery read this post:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2645122

Last edited: