Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Search This thread

Vichenec

Mar 7, 2013
Someone had to start this topic, I guess it is going to be me.
I've been a note2 user since the release in 2012, never felt enough contempt to upgrade as note 3 had incremental improvements, besides most of the features were eventually ported to note 2, but now I believe it is time.
Note 2 is still a fantastic phone and I don't feel restricted by any heavy games ( just occasional gamer) or apps, the main bump for me will be camera and I also love what Samsung done with microphones in note 4, I have to record a lot of conversations and the feature that able to identify which direction the voice is coming from might be very handy. I'm a huge fan of oculus rift and the announcement of Gear Vr was very intriguing as I believe it is the future of entertainment and having advantage of note 4 gorgeous screen...

Are you excited about new note 4? Are you going to upgrade? Satisfied with the improvements Samsung made to our beloved Note line? How do you find new s pen features?
What are your thoughts in Gear Vr? Availability in different countries etc.

Hitman42

May 10, 2013
Someone had to start this topic, I guess it is going to be me.
I've been a note2 user since the release in 2012, never felt enough contempt to upgrade as note 3 had incremental improvements, besides most of the features were eventually ported to note 2, but now I believe it is time.
Note 2 is still a fantastic phone and I don't feel restricted by any heavy games ( just occasional gamer) or apps, the main bump for me will be camera and I also love what Samsung done with microphones in note 4, I have to record a lot of conversations and the feature that able to identify which direction the voice is coming from might be very handy. I'm a huge fan of oculus rift and the announcement of Gear Vr was very intriguing as I believe it is the future of entertainment and having advantage of note 4 gorgeous screen...

Are you excited about new note 4? Are you going to upgrade? Satisfied with the improvements Samsung made to our beloved Note line? How do you find new s pen features?
What are your thoughts in Gear Vr? Availability in different countries etc.

So exited , i love the metal round , QHD screen , 4G cat 6 same size than N2 , i think i'll buy it next month :victory:

Tombias

Oct 18, 2010
Hønefoss
I want that rom on my note2. I don't see enough advances to upgrade to the note4 hardware. I'll wait for the note5 next year.

frans23

May 9, 2010
Jakarta
if someone can port Note 4 S Pen feature to Note 2, than i probably won't upgrade

there's some disappointment for Note 4 hardware, but overall i like the improvement from Note 2

A

Aman

Notes never impress me, but note4 seriously did with the metal body, I am not at a Samsung fan,

Apart from the metal body nothing is exciting enough for me

fyzz08

Apr 10, 2011
i love the note edge but i won't buy a device with 3gb of ram - it's bad luck
i will wait for note 5 or edge 2 hopefully with 4gb of ram
and my note 2 is still good, so why change it

justkiddinghere

Jun 8, 2011
new delhi
Expected a 64bit processor plus 4 gig ram also
No more improvement in battery but
Its worth to upgrade from note 2 no doubt
Those sensors display and features plus power it does have everything in the market

Reactions: mattwang3

georg3003

Jul 6, 2013
Why upgrade to Note 4

I was waiting for Note 4 but there is for now no reason to upgrade. I Like the S-Pen but I was hoping that the note 4 will be waterresistent like S5 but it isn't so if I need a new Phone then S5.

Really I don't need Gear VR and no Gear S. And Pay maybe a 100 bugs only for the Metal around? No thats not worth.

Hope there will be an APP for the Pen Features.

George

Vichenec

Mar 7, 2013
Those sensors display and features plus power it does have everything in the market
I believe exynos variant is 64 bit, benchmarks are higher on exynos as well. Nevertheless as far as I know developers don't really like exynos due to its closed source nature

alone again

Apr 15, 2014
im not excited abt note 4, through i really like the metal bumper of the device. However, do anybody notice that note 4 use USB port 2.0 instead 3.0 :eek:

svenM

Apr 29, 2010
My thoughts exactly.

I want that rom on my note2. I don't see enough advances to upgrade to the note4 hardware. I'll wait for the note5 next year.

That's my feeling as well. A faster processor is nice, but I'm not really having trouble with a slow phone. a UV sensor is a bit meh, it's a nice novelty but not a reason to upgrade. The screen might be worth considering but I'm not really watching entire movies or taking that much pictures with it so I'll survive.

The main drawbacks for me are
- No water/dust protection like the S5
- No 64 bit processor for future proofing.

The edge seems like a nice novelty, but I'm afraid it won't be used by many apps.
The other phones like the Sony Z3, LG G3, moto X all have their own drawbacks (smaller screen, slower, ... ) so I think the note will have to be in service for a while :) It's just too good, so I don't have that much of a compelling reason to switch.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Its worth to upgrade from note 2 no doubt /QUOTE]
Not for me, and I'm guessing most people have the same feeling. It seems a good phone, and would be my prime candidate if I didn't have the note 2, but especially as we don't get phones with plans it is a bit pricey for an upgrade I don't need

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
im not excited abt note 4, through i really like the metal bumper of the device. However, do anybody notice that note 4 use USB port 2.0 instead 3.0 :eek:
That USB 3.0 was only helpful if you are connecting your phone to PC to transfer stuff between mobile and pc(USB 3.0 port of PC).When it comes to charging your phone several users of Note 3 mentioned that there was no difference in charging speeds when they used USB 3.0 or USB 2.0. Also samsung has implemented fast charge in note 4 which is supposed to charge the device 30% faster than usual.

RandyKaoss

Apr 5, 2009
Oxford
My mobile contract is up for renewal so I'm getting the Note 4 as soon as it's released in the UK. The upgrades to the screen and camera are worth it alone.

Those people saying they need 4GB of RAM on a phone need to have a word with themselves. There is absolutely no need to have 4GB RAM on a mobile device. Even desktop PCs rarely utilise 4GB RAM at any one time (in "normal" use, obviously editing full HD/4K video or suchlike will require ludicrous amounts of RAM).

Similarly, the main benefit of a 64-bit CPU is the ability to address more than 4GB of memory space. Again, there's little benefit to having a 64-bit capable mobile device. In the end they just become numbers to impress your mates with down the pub.

My Note 2 still runs every app/game I throw at it with no slowdown or lag, and it never complains of being low on RAM, and it's *only* got 2GB :D

shamiflavour

Jan 11, 2014

true...current note 4 release have upset me because
1.missing 4gb ram
2.camera isn't 20 or 21 mp
3.missing dust proof water proof and anti scratch abilities
4.no major hardware updates its not 64bit cpu..while qualcom have announced one 810
5.missing nfc payment
6.not enough slimmer or thinner
and a lot to say but as i love note series so don't want to downgrade reputation

hagba

Nov 9, 2008
Yerevan
I've got my Note II the same released day, I skipped the Note 3, its so much configured that I don't think will get the Note 4 this time around again, or may be I will after a while when the prices drop substantially..

romdroid.

Jul 27, 2010
I got my note 2 in 2013, have no intention on upgrading atm but if there is a price drop I might go for the note 3 as there are no big diffrence to note 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.