Pre order for Galaxy Nexus LTE is open starting now

Search This thread

CapsLockKey

Sep 17, 2010
Yeah seriously there would be less trouble and a lot less "help I flashed a verizon rom and bricked my nexus's threads"

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

I doubt flashing the wrong carrier rom will brick anything, just make it unusable on the network. It's still the same device. I rooted a friend's US Cellular HTC phone, and one step of the process to get it to stick was first flashing a rooted Verizon build.

DrKaotica

Feb 18, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Except not on the other network without a valid MEID and AAA key.

That makes sense, and you're the badass dev not me, haha..

like I was saying before about my gf's moto atrix.. they had problems at first because basically the kernels were seperate for each country/carrier.. they eventually deved a "unified kernel" so anyone could flash the roms.

Also, go here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1607026

And rep the og epic community until we get our phones haha

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Last edited:

wtogami

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 6, 2010
galaxynexusship.png

Google+ community for Sprint Galaxy Nexus CM

snowmanwithahat

Oct 9, 2010
Michigan
Having owned an Epic in the past and owning a Nexus S now I really can tell you guys if you're debating getting something other than a Nexus device you're just flat out doing it wrong.

You'll be disappointed and hate whatever OS you end up with if you get an HTC phone or a different Samsung running Touchwiz.

I'm sitting here with an HTC Thunderbolt next to me and I absolutely hate features and details of this OS. Nothing is good about what they've done to this OS, nothing is good about what Samsung did either. They had a few interesting tweaks that brought functionality and then killed the experience with a laggy OS and poor battery life. Neither of which I've seen with my Nexus S. I just killed the Thunderbolt's battery in 5 hours flat in an LTE area. That's not a phone, it's a gimmicky toy that has no use in the real world.

omair2005

Jul 26, 2007
Having owned an Epic in the past and owning a Nexus S now I really can tell you guys if you're debating getting something other than a Nexus device you're just flat out doing it wrong.

You'll be disappointed and hate whatever OS you end up with if you get an HTC phone or a different Samsung running Touchwiz.

I'm sitting here with an HTC Thunderbolt next to me and I absolutely hate features and details of this OS. Nothing is good about what they've done to this OS, nothing is good about what Samsung did either. They had a few interesting tweaks that brought functionality and then killed the experience with a laggy OS and poor battery life. Neither of which I've seen with my Nexus S. I just killed the Thunderbolt's battery in 5 hours flat in an LTE area. That's not a phone, it's a gimmicky toy that has no use in the real world.

everything is subjective. Some people hate pure google, love touchwiz and sense. If your on XDA, then you want the latest, you are a 1%er, and have the luxury of all modding options.

Reactions: ac16313

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
Wow, I stopped by to see where everyone was headed. I expected to see a higher S3 count. I am torn between the same 2 phones for my June 1 update. Looks like I will be seeing many of you soon though. I have more fun with my Nexus now than when I first got it so I am leaning towards GNex but if the May 7th announcement blows me away i may change my mind and have an S2 and S3. I am kinda glad I can't upgrade until 6/! because I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation!

Sent from either ET4G or NS4G using Xparent Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am 45 days away from my upgrade. I have a Epic 4G which has been a POS from day 1. GPS has never worked properly, seldom updated, 4G radio sleeps in the middle of browsing, and the phone now requires resets every 12 hours (otherwise it'll shut down on its own at a random time after). Reinstalling the OS does nothing. It's never been jailbroken because it always errored out when I attempted to. After is crashed and corrupted my SD card in January, I was ready to toss it.

You said jailbroken your whole argument is invalid. And the epic 4g is a powerhorse.. you were just poorly informed, sorry. Also you had only one point that the gps didnt work... which theres a fix for. You dont reinstall the OS you restore the ROM which is different... You need to learn a few things :) just saying.... FWIW.
    ill wait till its a penny on amazon.
    Wow, I stopped by to see where everyone was headed. I expected to see a higher S3 count. I am torn between the same 2 phones for my June 1 update. Looks like I will be seeing many of you soon though. I have more fun with my Nexus now than when I first got it so I am leaning towards GNex but if the May 7th announcement blows me away i may change my mind and have an S2 and S3. I am kinda glad I can't upgrade until 6/! because I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation!

Sent from either ET4G or NS4G using Xparent Tapatalk 2
    Gnex is amazing ;)
    Within a few mins of having it I was flashing CM9 thru twrp
    Im not regretting getting it at all screw the SGS3 :p
    Haha I'm in same situation .. spent all my money during the "holiday" that just passed so I gotta wait a little :eek:

That Kush?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium