[Q] Device Unlocked - Status Code: 3

Search This thread

JustROLLIN

Feb 4, 2012
Hi All,

I have a non-DE XT1060 with an unlocked bootloader. I am attempting to flash a custom recovery, but I am running into issues. When I go into fastboot, it shows the device is indeed unlocked, but says Status Code: 3, where it would normally say Status Code: 1.

I am guessing this is part of my issue, since when I run the command ADB DEVICES, my device does not appear on the list. However, when I run the command ADB FASTBOOT DEVICES, it will list my device out. Because of this, I am having trouble flashing a custom recovery and obtaining root.

If anyone knows what Status Code: 3 actually means or has other ideas what might be going on, I would appreciate your help. I did a fair amount of searching online already, but nothing seemed quite the same as the issue I was having. Thanks in advance for any help.

Jeff5241

Dec 18, 2013
plus.google.com
I recently unlocked my device with the same status code 3 and had difficulties flashing the recovery also... In the android development section theres a post called recovery unlocked they mention that the correct command to flash would be mfastboot instead of fastboot (i guess its a motorola thing) also Adb commands don't run while in fastboot...

Last edited:

JustROLLIN

Feb 4, 2012
I think I had a misunderstanding of what fastboot was, but your reply prompted me to read more and I get it now. That being said, when I attempt to flash the recovery via fastboot, I receive the error: (bootloader) Variable not supported!

JustROLLIN

Feb 4, 2012
For the record, it does respond to commands such as fastboot devices and fastboot reboot-bootloader

nagraj999999

Feb 13, 2016
my phone MOTO E stucks on warning bootloader unclocked.....plz help me...????
while doing fastboot its shows its not recognized by internal or external command...

nimicitor

Mar 12, 2016
Status code 3 is perfectly normal and it indicates an unlocked bootloader in the case of the moto x. Nothing to worry about there. Every unlocked moto x displays status code 3. :good:

If you relock the bootloader will the status code change and will the software status change from modified to whatever it says before it was unlocked?

Trazom

Mar 7, 2016
HELP please

mine is the moto g turbo edition XT1557 running marshmellow 6.0
and i unlocked the bootlocker status code 3
while trying to boot the phone it vibrates once and gets stuck on the "warning boot locker unlocked screen"
tried the logo thing, the wipe data thing. Noting is working can anyone help me ???

Top Liked Posts