[PRJ] GVV 0.7.5 - Google Visual Voicemail - Now with more Login options [1/02]

Search This thread

Sl4sher

Dec 13, 2006
The lack of a Google visual voicemail for Winmo has pissed me off for long enough, so now I've take it upon myself to resolve this great injustice.

Submitted for your enjoyment GVV 0.7.5:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Details:
Google Visual Voicemail is a semi-offline client for Google voice. You can view and play your voice messages as well as mark them read/unread and delete them.

When updating, message text is downloaded to a local cache that can be viewed at any time. Audio is downloaded the first time you click play and is stored for future use.

You must update manually by going to menu->update. Automatic voicemail checking is being worked on, keep an eye on the NEW section.

(v 0.3)
Numbers are looked up against the phone's contact list, names are now displayed when known.

(v 0.4)
Lot's of good stuff this time!

Make calls via Google voice.
This version includes a very simple dialer (look in the menu) and an option to return calls via google voice. You must set the number of the cellphone you're using in the settings menu for this to work.

Upgraded to SenseSDK 1.3
Latest and greatest, should be more stable all around.

Separation of Voicemail and SMS
I originally didn't realize that the default view would show sms. Rather than taking it away from you guys, I've separated sms from the default view. (Sending sms will get done when I feel like it.)

Removed from 0.5!!!
GVV now calls its update methods every so often on it's own and caches your Google Voice account. Configure frequency under settings.
When GVV downloads something by itself it puts up a notification to that effect.

Fixed
No parse error for empty folders.
Xmldocuments are unlocked manually, you should no longer see errors about xml files being locked.
Removed update from startup, it should drop you into the UI a bit faster, but you'll have to run an update yourself.
Clearing the cache first checks if you have a cache.
SMS should show full thread now as on GV.
Numbers are checked against outlook contacts without a 1 in front.
Deleted messages are now removed from the main list.

(v0.5)

Added contacts to dialer.

Changed when updates happen
Added update on receipt of GV sms. The sms is left alone for now.
Removed timed update as it didn't work during sleep mode.

Fixed
Contact number comparison, again I hope.
Non-gmail addresses should work now.
JSON parse error on missing location.
Specified argument was out of range on login should be fixed for everyone now.
Looks like Google was disallowing passing the auth token in the url, updated to use a header.
YOU WILL LIKELY START GETTING THIS ERROR WITH OLD VERSIONS, UPGRADE TO 0.5+!

(v0.5.5)

Upgraded to SenseSDK 1.36

Fixed
Dialer item names guaranteed to be unique. *Fist shake at SenseSDK*
Update button updates both sms and voicemail at the same time.

(v0.6)

Upgraded to SenseSDK 1.38
This should fix all the transcript sizing issues. If yours doesn't look right let me know.

New SMS Form
Create new SMS's and reply to your messages via the same form.
Support adding one time numbers and picking from contacts.

Audio redirected to handset
Load Speaker/Handset Speaker switching is handled by DynRIL by Teksoft and may have is own issues or restrictions.
This is very experimental!
I know it talks to the audio driver so not all hardware may be supported! This has been tested as working on my TP2.
I know it doesn't like to redirect when there is audio playing, especially to the handset. So if you have wmp in the background playing, it may not work.
I've also had some trouble doing handset->speaker->handset, the issue usually corrects itself if you pause message playback manually, toggle the setting, and resume the message.

Fixed
Dialer item names guaranteed to be unique, again. *Fist shake at self*
Better threading support for SMS. The thread is no longer treated as one transcript.

(0.6.2)

GVV now quits :eek:
The WMP COM object was keeping the application open, it is now closed before the application exits.
SenseSDK lists are manually unloaded before exit as per eboelzner's sample programs.
I still see a small memory leak, I'll try to track it down as best I can, but most of the memory used is released on exit.
(I thought managed code was meant to prevent exactly this crap, Thanks Microsoft!)

Upgraded to SenseSDK 1.39
This version has changes to the way items dispose as well, it should help free memory on exit.

Fixed
SMS's were send with a blank "id", this seamed to break threading for replies. Removed id from POST altogether, looks like Google guesses the thread now.

(0.7)
Login Screen
Framework for changing log in on start has been added. Right now the login screen is just a way to edit the username options found in the settings file and screen. As the main screen still performs the login right now, incorrect credentials will not stop you from proceeding to the main screen (nor will a failed login).

Quickscroll
Quickscroll on contact lists. Buttons on the side of the contact list to jump to a section like HTC Contact Enhancement.

Fixed
The "Error drawing image[]" bug.
Improvements to dialer delete button, better rapid press support and holding for 1 sec+ will delete the whole field.
Removed skip to end ">>|" button, due to lack of necessity.

(0.7.5)
[NEW]

Auto Login
Autologin option added to start screen. Untick it to interrupt it and make changes.

Per account cache
Each username gets it's own cache file. So you can use GVV with multiple accounts. I don't think you can use a character in an email address that you can't use in a filename, prove me wrong and I'll change the naming system. (You may be able to break something by typing junk into the username field but everything should work for real usernames)

Fixed
Busy icon over messages no longer over messages.

GVV has been tested on a Touch Pro 2 and a Treo Pro, all resolutions should be supported, let me know if you experience layout problems.

You must have .netcf 3.5.

Want something else? You know what to do.

Instructions:
  1. Install cab.
  2. Enter your Google Voice details at the login screen.
  3. For username, enter your full gmail address (ie. you@gmail.com) and for password your password.
  4. Log In!
  5. Enter your phone number and GV number on the settings page for dialer support.
  6. Click save (click ok on the popup) then click cancel.
  7. Click menu and click update.
  8. Enjoy.

Disclaimer:
I provide this software As-Is, with no warranty or guarantee of any kind. I take no responsibility for any damage that this program may cause, including but not limited to: resets, hard resets, device explosions, account bans, and/or data loss.

Thanks to:
eboelzner for his Sense Interface SDK.
msullivan for the code to get _rnr_se, thanks for posting your source dude.
MAD_Matt for the new application icon.

HUGE THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR DONATING!
carrot34, thesecondsfade, MAD_Matt, formula84
I appreciate it greatly!

If you like my work, please donate:

Attachments

• ScreenShot10.jpg
    ScreenShot10.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 22,370
  • ScreenShot8.jpg
    ScreenShot8.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 21,973
  • ScreenShot17.Png
    ScreenShot17.Png
    36.9 KB · Views: 20,259
  • gvv_0.5.5_beta.cab
    686 KB · Views: 1,298
  • ScreenShot_2.Png
    ScreenShot_2.Png
    41.3 KB · Views: 18,086
  • gvv_0.6.2_beta.cab
    740.2 KB · Views: 2,971
  • gvv_0.7.0_beta.cab
    774.7 KB · Views: 236
  • gvv_0.7.5_beta.cab
    775.3 KB · Views: 2,426
Last edited:

chrisw05

Dec 30, 2007
wooohooo i was just looking for a visual voice mail that wasn't completely web based
Update: Install went as you said it would, i had to use the onscreen keyboard on my touch pro 2 the hardware keyboard wasnt letting me use the fn key for numbers in the password and would be nice if we could hear the voicemail through the ear mic instead of speakerphone other than that awsome work! prob gonna be my fav app for my phone!

Last edited:

sid0101

Oct 29, 2008
hey, would it be possible to add sms to to the voice mail box? Like an all in one? I would hate to use two programs for my inbox. but cheers and congrats!

Sl4sher

Dec 13, 2006
hey, would it be possible to add sms to to the voice mail box? Like an all in one? I would hate to use two programs for my inbox. but cheers and congrats!

Thanks!

I'll look into sms for the next release. I don't use sms through GV, that's why it's not in there. But I can't send sms until I figure out how to get _rnr_se.

chrisw05

Dec 30, 2007
Im surprised not many people have replyed or showed any interest in this app! I think its great

Sl4sher

Dec 13, 2006
I would love to try this, but the link says it is an invalid attachment link.

Just posted an update, that's what probably caused the invalid link, try the new version ;).

New in 0.2 is sending data to Google Voice, you can now delete messages and mark read/unread. Also new are the voicemail play controls.

Download from first post.

Enjoy!

chrisw05

Dec 30, 2007
strange its letting me download it right now. and its nice and functional too after the first install.

Sl4sher

Dec 13, 2006
Since I with Sprint, I am not able to get the new VM notifications from Google Voice. Is there a way to have this push the new VM notification to WM/TouchFlo?

I see how to increment the VM count in WM and that'll pop up the VM icon, but the icon still dials Sprint voicemail. I'm not sure how to get the icon to start GVV instead, if I figure it out I'll add the feature along with autoupdate in the future.

(Note to self:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\State\Messages\vmail\Line1\Unread]
"Count"=dword:00000000)

Psichi

Dec 7, 2008
Plano
dorkitude.tumblr.com
I see how to increment the VM count in WM and that'll pop up the VM icon, but the icon still dials Sprint voicemail. I'm not sure how to get the icon to start GVV instead, if I figure it out I'll add the feature along with autoupdate in the future.

(Note to self:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\State\Messages\vmail\Line1\Unread]
"Count"=dword:00000000)

Is that even after changing the VM number in the Setting> Personal> Phone to your Google Voice number? I changed that, and now when I use the VM "hot key" in the dialer, it dials my google voice number instead of my sprint number.

Sl4sher

Dec 13, 2006
Is that even after changing the VM number in the Setting> Personal> Phone to your Google Voice number? I changed that, and now when I use the VM "hot key" in the dialer, it dials my google voice number instead of my sprint number.

Yeah, that would work, but it would defeat the point of "Visual" Voicemail ;)

I'd like to push people right into GVV.

chrisw05

Dec 30, 2007
I cant get it to log in anymore worked a few times Now it says specified argument was outof the range of valid values. Im running May 1st''s NRG Cookie rom

Sl4sher

Dec 13, 2006
I cant get it to log in anymore worked a few times Now it says specified argument was outof the range of valid values. Im running May 1st''s NRG Cookie rom

Sounds like it's having trouble reading your cache.

Try to clear the cache from the settings menu and make sure you're using username@gmail.com.

If you want, make a backup of your messages.xml and if clearing the cache fixes the problem send me a copy of the xml file so I can see what went wrong. (Keep in mind that that file would contain your message details.)

Let me know if clearing the cache doesn't fix it, that would be weird.

amw1972

Sep 11, 2008
DEFINITE BUMP TO THIS APP. HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR A LONG TIME!!! I POSTED A LINK TO THIS THREAD AT PPC GEEKS (US based)

Hopefully you'll get more users from there to warrant your continued development.

You can have Sprint "conditionally" forward your calls to your GV number for voice mail. It does NOT cost extra. If you universally forward your calls...then it'll cost you (some insane amount per minute.) Anyway, if I ignore the calls, if I'm busy, my Sprint line will get forwarded to GV. Dependent of the conditions I set up at GV...callers will receive different outgoing messages. I'm still notified of voicemail like normal. Hopefully this helps that OTHER Sprint user.

carrot34

May 22, 2007
Thank you! (and feature requests)

This is really useful! Thank you!!! I'm donating immediately. Lack of Google Voice apps for Windows Mobile has been a real source of frustration for me, and I really appreciate your pitching in to do something about it.

A couple of requests for future features:

1. It would be great to have an "archive" button.
2. This one is probably trickier (and useful to fewer people) -- I love that you can return a phone call by clicking on the phone number, but the app routes the call through my standard dialer, which of course won't be calling from my Google Voice number. There aren't many good options for placing Google Voice calls from Windows Mobile, but one of them is iDialer. Not sure how many others would find this useful, but it would be great for me if there were an option in GVV to route the call through iDialer rather than the standard WinMo dialer.

Thanks again!
Alan

carrot34

May 22, 2007
Minor Bug

Just noticed this -- if my voicemail inbox is empty, the system displayed a "NullReferenceException" error.

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sl4sherm I've been testing 0.70 and everything seems great! Thank you

Wondering, is there a way I can automatically login when the program opens?

Not at the moment, I'll add it in a later revision.
    New Year, New Version!

Autologin was a glaring omission so it's in and we've got initial support for multiple accounts. Let me know how much interest there is for that feature so I know whether to develop it further.

So I present:
    (0.7.5)

Auto Login
    Autologin option added to start screen. Untick it to interrupt it and make changes.

Per account cache
    Each username gets it's own cache file. So you can use GVV with multiple accounts. I don't think you can use a character in an email address that you can't use in a filename, prove me wrong and I'll change the naming system. (You may be able to break something by typing junk into the username field but everything should work for real usernames)

Fixed
    Busy icon over messages no longer over messages.

You will loose access to your cache due to the naming change!
    If you want to keep it, rename the voicemail.xml and sms.xml files to username-voicemail.xml and username-sms.xml.

Get it from the first post as always.

Let me know what features you guys still want added to this.

Happy New Year!
    I have one issue that was not resolved by reinstalling 0.7.5, cleaning whole cashe. It is that once I get more than three messages in a conversation with someone, GVV displays only the first message of that thread and nothing else. Is there some hidden functionality that I am not aware of to show the whole thread?

PS. Will the app work if I install it on the Storage Card?

I've just had an sms conversation via google voice to see how it behaves with long conversations. I will need to update the SMS parsing code to take into account the "# more messages" link that google provides.

I don't believe there are any absolute paths in the app that would force you to to put it in program files, that's just how I built the cab, so if you wanna try to move the files you should have no problem.
    Ah sweet sweet vacation, nothing to do for a week but sit on the couch.
    And thus I present my holiday gift to you all: GVV 0.7. Get it from the first post as always!

Login Screen
    Framework for changing log in on start has been added. Right now the login screen is just a way to edit the username options found in the settings file and screen. As the main screen still performs the login right now, incorrect credentials will not stop you from proceeding to the main screen (nor will a failed login).

Quickscroll
    Quickscroll on contact lists. Buttons on the side of the contact list to jump to a section like HTC Contact Enhancement.

Fixed
    The "Error drawing image[]" bug.
    Improvements to dialer delete button, better rapid press support and holding for 1 sec+ will delete the whole field.
    Removed skip to end ">>|" button, due to lack of necessity.
    I was so excited when I saw this app...

because I've been running idialer/icontact/agephone w/PTSN and it's a. overencumbent and b. not nearly as attractive as your app!

I'm running 0.75 on a GSM TP2, tmo, htc stock rom listed below, over wifi. With everything on the device shut off except the wifi connection(including all today plugins, manila and tmo connection), when I try to log in, I get the error "Did not receive _rnr_se!" Of course at this point, everything that I try returns a 500 internal server error.

Please help... :(