[Q] Galaxy Note 8 power on by itself

Search This thread

ChandraV76

Dec 15, 2010
Pontianak
about a week ago, I flashed CivZ-SpherEngine-REV2.0 kernel on top of stock (Indonesia) rooted 4.2.2 N5100, and it's nice. but since then, my note 8 always turn on by itself (from completely power off to on) after few hours since I shut down it.
this is so weird. nobody touch it and it can turn on by itself, from off. :confused:
is it related to this kernel? or anything else? please help. :eek:

Last edited:

fantasmanegro

Apr 27, 2012
about a week ago, I flashed CivZ-SpherEngine-REV2.0 kernel on top of stock (Indonesia) rooted 4.2.2 N5100, and it's nice. but since then, my note 8 always turn on by itself (from completely power off to on) after few hours since I shut down it.
this is so weird. nobody touch it and it can turn on by itself, from off. :confused:

same behavior with stock rom and kerbel but... only when i plug to charge...

Reactions: ChandraV76

Mine too. I don't know how long it has been doing this but it explains why it ALWAYS seems to be on. On my 5110 Im running CivZ Flexbeam ROM 3.6.2 with the included spehere extreme kernel. Did changing kernels clear up the issue for you?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

gooberdude

Oct 27, 2010
The device does power on when USB charging is plugged in. But it is not a full startup, just the basic function of charging and data connect.

As for starting up from being off without any USB connect or disconnect would be a hardware issue. Possible from lack of flushing cache and formatting partition before a new modded firmware is installed. As the hardware function to power on / off may be setting a false detect to power on or off.

If it works proper with OEM firmware the issue is how you flashed or the flashed firmware used. Also another issue is restoring from backup. System data and settings may effect custom firmware when restoring.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.