Developers Edition not updating

Search This thread

silver7x

Feb 17, 2008
Hello, I have a Galaxy S4 developers edition stock with version 4.2.2. I have never rooted it or changed the ROM in any way. Yet for some reason I have yet to get a single update from Verizon or Samsung ... Everything I am reading says I should have 4.4 by now .. At least 4.3... Is there a reason why I am not getting update.
Thank you.

asharad

Jun 18, 2011
Hello, I have a Galaxy S4 developers edition stock with version 4.2.2. I have never rooted it or changed the ROM in any way. Yet for some reason I have yet to get a single update from Verizon or Samsung ... Everything I am reading says I should have 4.4 by now .. At least 4.3... Is there a reason why I am not getting update.
Thank you.

Developers Editions don't receive updates. I guess they assume that anyone with a Dev Edition will ROM it.

jhasty01

Sep 28, 2009
Hello silver7x,

I noticed your post saying that you have a Dev s4. As you may know there are people trying to unlock the bootloader for the retail version of the s4. Would you be willing to take 5-10 minutes to help them out by sending a copy of your aboot to: Surge1223 ?

We would all greatly appreciate your help. If you need help figuring out how to do so, check out his thread for unlocking the bootloader. Or send him a PM labeled "S4 Dev aboot"

Thank you!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

silver7x

Feb 17, 2008
I would be more than happy to help in any way I can. I will look at the process tonight and see how to extract the information and send it.

With regards to my original question, How does one with a developers edition phone get a stock copy of Samsung's 4.4.2

Thanks

Reactions: jhasty01

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
I would be more than happy to help in any way I can. I will look at the process tonight and see how to extract the information and send it.

With regards to my original question, How does one with a developers edition phone get a stock copy of Samsung's 4.4.2

Thanks

There's no Stock KitKat ROM for the Verizon phone at the moment. You'll have to wait until VZ releases 4.4.2.

jhasty01

Sep 28, 2009

Thanks

Here
adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot of=/sdcard/devaboot.mbn

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts