[Q] Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 Brick Fix but cannot flash rom

Search This thread

lorenzoraj

Jun 10, 2014
Well if you had CWM recovery on it then it probably was an MDK phone that had a bootloader exploit.

Sadly though fused 6 means you updated it to Kit Kat... Locking that bootloader up for good.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

As i was reading through, I think there is no rooting method for NC5 yet? if bootloader is locked is there any problem with device performance. what exactly bootloader do?

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
NC5 flash completed but odin shows pass. Device restarted but stuck again to recovery bootloader the same issue for which i wanted to flash stock firmware. I downloaded the tar md5 file with no wipe option, should i go for full wipe?

Try getting into stock recovery.. Wipe cache and factory data reset then reboot.

If that doesn't work then yes try full wipe.

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
home+volume up+power for stock recovery? i tried but still the same recovery booting on top left

Pull the battery for a minute. Then just Power+ Volume Up.

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

If you have that silly Custom screen popping up it may take you a few times.

lorenzoraj

Jun 10, 2014
Pull the battery for a minute. Then just Power+ Volume Up.

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

If you have that silly Custom screen popping up it may take you a few times.

battery pulled out for a minute then power+volume up but still showing recovery booting

lorenzoraj

Jun 10, 2014
Alright if you can't get into recovery and the phone still hanging at boot no matter what you try I'd say hop back in Odin and try the full wipe.

Let me know

ok i will download full wipe tar might take some time connection speed dropped now. i will update the result here soon.

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
ok i will download full wipe tar might take some time connection speed dropped now. i will update the result here soon.

The PIT file for our phone ( 16GB Version ) can be found here as well
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319199111

If for some reason that full wipe doesn't fix you up you can try throwing that file in the PIT slot in Odin. It's brought a few phones back to life when just the Odin tars alone didn't for whatever reason. Just only use it if your phone is indeed the 16GB version

Good luck

Reactions: NickSaul

lorenzoraj

Jun 10, 2014

If for some reason that full wipe doesn't fix you up you can try throwing that file in the PIT slot in Odin. It's brought a few phones back to life when just the Odin tars alone didn't for whatever reason. Just only use it if your phone is indeed the 16GB version

Good luck

I tried flashing full wipe NC5 7-8 times and finally completed with pit file. Now my device still in odin mode with a completed blue bar for about 20 minutes now. Is it stuck again? or finishing the flash on device after odin shows pass? normal boot up after successful odin flash stock NC5 it still stuck in recovery booting (after odin flash done it get stuck in odin mode, battery pull out then normal startup stuck)

Last edited:

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
I tried flashing full wipe NC5 7-8 times and finally completed with pit file. Now my device still in odin mode with a completed blue bar for about 20 minutes now. Is it stuck again? or finishing the flash on device after odin shows pass? normal boot up after successful odin flash stock NC5 it still stuck in recovery booting (after odin flash done it get stuck in odin mode, battery pull out then normal startup stuck)

Hmmm. So you get stuck in download mode after it passes in Odin and you get stuck on the Recovery Booting screen as well??

Someone with more knowledge on Odin errors and what exactly is happening here will have to jump in.

I've always been able to just pull battery and get into stock recovery then factory data reset if I needed to.

lorenzoraj

Jun 10, 2014
Hmmm. So you get stuck in download mode after it passes in Odin and you get stuck on the Recovery Booting screen as well??

Someone with more knowledge on Odin errors and what exactly is happening here will have to jump in.

I've always been able to just pull battery and get into stock recovery then factory data reset if I needed to.

I tried different versions of odin with same result. Should i keep the odin screen on device for like an hour after odin pass? It seems to me that there is boot loader issue. you know any link to stock kernel for NC5?

budtender

Oct 22, 2014
Thanks for the prompt response, i will try out the link and odin process and will update soon.
I would like to put a quick question. I was having bootloader unlock and carrier unlock before my device brick, am i going to loose carrier unlock after stock firmware flash?

Fused 6

That means you need NC5 found here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2735172

Okay, So I figured out why my phone was returning the statement "fused 6 binary 5" - I wasn't flashing the right version of Firmware to my phone.. I apparently can't downgrade from Kitkat to Jellybean - that was the issue.

howareyou?

Sep 10, 2013
could you please send me a download link for the m919 varient of the galaxy s4 (T-mobile) thank you :)

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Yupp "fused 5" means mj7 or mk2 I would try the tar image of one of those

could you please slink me those files for my tmobile galaxy s4 i have the same problem fuse 5 binary 1

NickSaul

Jan 3, 2012
Buffalo, NY
www.NickSaulino.com

Good luck

THANK YOU!!!

I thought I bricked my phone after trying to flash TWRP on my S4 while on I545VRUGOC1, without realizing that it wouldn't work.

Flashing this brought it back, root and all.

bjf189

Dec 8, 2014
Can you tell me how you got your s4 revived? I have the riff box to and it ran oc1 before getting hard bricked. I tried the.me7 resurrection and other one but still no life on it. It all flashes fine just no start up. Any help?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You unzip that one and the tar file is there. I've used that mj7 file he's talking about

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Unless you're saying surges is just the better file to go with...

You unzip that one and the tar file is there. I've used that mj7 file he's talking about

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Unless you're saying surges is just the better file to go with...

Oh my bad

Oh my bad

Lol its all good I know you've got an mdk s4 and probably never had the pleasure of dealing with Odin and mj7. Luckily I don't have to anymore either. Interested to see if this helped the op

I fixed it by flashing II545VRUEMK2_I545VZWEMK2_I545VRUEMK2_HOME.tar.md5. I think the rom I545VRUEMK2_I545VZWEMK2_I545VRUEMK2_HOME.tar.md5 also flash able. My main problem I was using VMWare windows 7 in Mac. Later I flash the first file in my friends windows laptop and everything working fine now. Thank you all for support.
    Fused 6

That means you need NC5 found here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2735172

Thanks for the prompt response, i will try out the link and odin process and will update soon.
    I would like to put a quick question. I was having bootloader unlock and carrier unlock before my device brick, am i going to loose carrier unlock after stock firmware flash?