AT&T HTC PURE ORIGINAL SHIP ROM now posted on HTC's website!

Search This thread

solmnc

Feb 13, 2008
The flashing can now begin (without fear of not being able to return it to stock form)! And for those who need a way to return to stock form, HTC has come through!

http://www.htc.com/us/support/pure-att/downloads/

HTC PURE (AT&T) Original Ship ROM | 02.05.2010

This software is the actual ROM that the HTC PURE (AT&T) shipped with. less

In the event that the device has a fatal error and cannot be recovered by Soft Resetting or Hard Resetting the device, it may be recovered by reloading the original ROM. Please note that during this recovery process, the device will be Hard Reset and anything that is NOT part of the Operating System (contacts, calendar, music, etc) will be permanently deleted; always make a point of backing up your devices data on a regular basis!

Instructions:

1. Download and save the HTC PURE (AT&T) Original Ship ROM to your PC.
2. Power your device off.
3. Connect your device to your PC via the data USB cable.
4. On the device, press and hold the Volume Down and Power Button until you get the bootloader screen (tri-colored).
5. Once it bootloader mode, wait for "serial" which shows at the bottom of the screen to change to "USB".
6. Once USB shows on the device, on your PC double click on the HTC PURE (AT&T) Original Ship ROM to launch the RUU Wizard.
7. Follow all of the RUU Wizard instructions shown on your PC.
8. Once the update is complete, click Finish in the RUU Wizard and the device will reboot.
9. Once the device reboots it will run through the Customization Process; this must be allowed to complete.
10. Once the Customization process is complete, the device is then ready for use.

http://member.america.htc.com/download/RomCode/HTC Pure/HTCPUREATTOriginalShipROM.exe

A BIG THANK YOU to HTC! :)

Last edited:

blancofran

Dec 6, 2007
Cant Download

Hi

I can't download this rom.
I click in the link and it redirect me to another page, and I keep looping.

Now I'm in Costa Rica and maybe I need to be in USA to download this file.

Could someone upload the file to megaupload or rapidshare or something similar.

I will appreciate that

Thanks

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2009
There is already a new leaked rom but needed to a new hspl to flash it.

Where is this official leaked ROM you speak of for the pure?

Only ROMs I see out is 3rd party cooked ROMs. Not anywhere close to the quality of official ROMs. And only ROMs that I've seen out that makes a huge difference in anything is the ones with Manila 2.5. Which are horrible in the sense that MMS doesn't work on them, because there is no way of opening it unless you do a registry hack and add a cab for it to open in windows messaging client.

phlfigna

May 7, 2009
Hi

Hello How can I change the band to the following:
Network Type : GSM
Band Frequency: GSM (900+1800+UMTS(2100+900)

naplesbill

Jun 13, 2008
Here is a little FYI for anyone interested. I am not sure why but, loading this rom did not replace the HardSPL. Being curious, I had to find out how I could use the stock SPL in this rom to go back to being completely stock. I am not sure if what I did is correct but it worked for me.

I extracted the spl.nbh and ruu_signed.nbh from the HTC download. I tried just running the spl.nbh by renaming it to TOPAIMG.nbh and copying it to the root of the SD. Everytime it would read the file and try to replace the spl it would fail and go back to the load screen. So, I relocked the spl using the spl relocker 1.33 (? I think that was the version). I then applied the spl.nbh (renamed to TOPAIMG.nbh) and it replaced the SPL with a version 1.78. It then looked like it was stuck at 9%. This is apparently some sort of interim SPL used to load the ruu_signed.nbh. After trying to determine what was going on for a little while I decided to put the ruu_signed.nbh (again renamed to TOPAIMG.nbh) on the SD and see what happens. Well, it loaded the original SPL, Radio and ROM and my Pure was 100% stock again.

I am sure there must be an easier way. Perhaps if I had just relocked the SPL with 1.33 and then ran the update it would have been fine. I just wanted to post this information so people know that you can get it back to 100% stock using this download from HTC.

Last edited:

dinakar407

Dec 6, 2009
San Antonio, TX
great find buddy

Here is a little FYI for anyone interested. I am not sure why but, loading this rom did not replace the HardSPL. Being curious, I had to find out how I could use the stock SPL in this rom to go back to being completely stock. I am not sure if what I did is correct but it worked for me.

I extracted the spl.nbh and ruu_signed.nbh from the HTC download. I tried just running the spl.nbh by renaming it to TOPAIMG.nbh and copying it to the root of the SD. Everytime it would read the file and try to replace the spl it would fail and go back to the load screen. So, I relocked the spl using the spl relocker 1.33 (? I think that was the version). I then applied the spl.nbh (renamed to TOPAIMG.nbh) and it replaced the SPL with a version 1.78. It then looked like it was stuck at 9%. This is apparently some sort of interim SPL used to load the ruu_signed.nbh. After trying to determine what was going on for a little while I decided to put the ruu_signed.nbh (again renamed to TOPAIMG.nbh) on the SD and see what happens. Well, it loaded the original SPL, Radio and ROM and my Pure was 100% stock again.

I am sure there must be an easier way. Perhaps if I had just relocked the SPL with 1.33 and then ran the update it would have been fine. I just wanted to post this information so people know that you can get it back to 100% stock using this download from HTC.

that was a awesome work buddy ..
perhaps someone can re package the relocker with spl found from the download

Last edited:

dinakar407

Dec 6, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Sucess

Hello Guys .. I successfully restored my at&t pure back to stock state
Stock rom and stock spl

Here is what I did

1. Extract rom from the download and put it in sd card and rename to TOPAIMG.nbh
2. enter the boot loader and install the rom
3. download the relocker and re lock the spl to 1.33
4. Again enter the boot loader and install the same rom again. This time rom , spl , splash screen, radio would be flashed .

Now i have stock rom with spl version 1.83.000

you send back for warranty purposes with out any hassles

naplesbill

Jun 13, 2008
Stock rom and stock spl

Here is what I did

1. Extract rom from the download and put it in sd card and rename to TOPAIMG.nbh
4. Again enter the boot loader and install the same rom again. This time rom , spl , splash screen, radio would be flashed .

So that confirms you have to relock the spl before it will replace the hardspl with the original spl. That is good to know.

bumgutz

Jan 26, 2010
Stock rom and stock spl

Here is what I did

which rom ? ive downloaded the exe and notcied there were 2 nbh files, just wasnt sure

Last edited: