BrowseThemeCE

Search This thread

BenThon

Apr 3, 2006
Themes Browser
I have uploaded a Windows Mobile Theme Browser which will maybe useful to skinners and allows to see your themes collection easily, without using a huge and more complicated program as ThemeGenCE.
Download : BrowseThemeCE

Here is the help :

BrowseThemeCE.exe (Version 1.0)

- Choose English version by clicking on the flag.

• At run, a new subfolder, BTExtractImg, in the same folder as the program.
  • A ListBox is filled with all Themes (Extension ‘.TSK’) found in the program folder.
  • Search folder may be changed by clicking on the Folder Selection button in the Toolbar.
  • By clicking on a theme in the ListBox, all Themes’ elements are extracted in BTExtractImg.
  • In this subfolder there are the 1 to 4 images of the theme, rebuilt INF file, built XML file and an INI file more synthetic and easier to understand.
  • Images are shown on the form (with theme specifications and the Hint shows image type - JPG, BMP, - and resolution). A click on images gives a real preview.
  • Evaluation of dominant hue in images by clicking on the « colors » button in the Toolbar.
  • Others theme specifications are shown on the form and may be seen in the 3 memos INF, XML and INI.
  • This program accepts « Drag and Drop » of a theme on the form. It also accepts option « Open with… ».

uhery

Oct 13, 2007
WVGA format

Thank you BenThon for this “friendly” program, now it’ s fast open the tsk files and to show what is inside. :)

I'm trying to create a skin like xperia pda (for my phone) so I dumped the tsk file (WVGA) from xperia rom ... but BrowseThemeCe can’t show this format (and also ThemeGenCe).

Any chance, in the future, for this? :D

BenThon

Apr 3, 2006
I have done it but not yet released ! But I have a problem for WVGA and WQVGA, but maybe you can help me ?

Ihave adapt also ThemeGenCE for these 2 formats but I do not know if these files are valid. It works as CAB in the Microsoft emulator but not well !!! I have no pocketpc with these format to test this :

For WQVGA
stwater_240_400.gif
stwater_400_240.gif
tdywater_240_400.gif
tdywater_400_240.gif

For WVGA
stwater_480_800.gif
stwater_800_480.gif
tdywater_480_800.gif
tdywater_800_480.gif

I dumped the tsk file (WVGA) from xperia rom
I will be pleased to have this TSK, if you can give it to me.

Waiting for your help, friendly,
Benoît

uhery

Oct 13, 2007
tsk files

I have not got a WVGA pocketpc, I am sorry, i can not test it! :(
(I would like only porting the xperia skin to qvga!):)

I attached a folder, I hope can help!

BenThon

Apr 3, 2006
Thanks for the TSK ! New ThemeGenCE Beta version (maybe released soon if it works) can do these themes now ! Are you sure they work on a WVGA PDA ?

The only difference I found with my own themes for this format is the folder of installation.

In the theme you sent me you have (which have specific keys) :
  1. [CEStrings]
    Appname = "XPERIA Silver"
    InstallDir = "%CE1%\%AppName%" ; (\Program Files\XPERIA Silver)
  2. [CEStrings]
    Appname = "XPERIA Black"
    InstallDir = "%CE1%\%AppName%" ; (\Program Files\XPERIA Black)
but in ThemeGenCE I still put the InstallDir in \Windows like this :
  1. [CEStrings]
    Appname = "Rubics"
    InstallDir = "%CE2%" ; (\Windows)
That is maybe the reason why my themes built with my beta version of ThemeGenCE did not work in Microsoft Emulator (and maybe on PDA ?)

This evening I will release a new version of BrowseThemeCE which can read such themes.

And maybe soon, if I have Beta Testers for themes for WVGA and WQVGA themes, a new release for ThemeGenCE...

BenThon

Apr 3, 2006
A new version (version 1.1) is now available for the program BrowseThemeCE .

This version directly shows Standard Colors defined in the Theme and possibly Specific Colors : small icon beside color items.

Besides, and waiting for validation, this version allows WVGA and WQVGA theme exploration defined with specific files such as :

For WQVGA
stwater_240_400.gif
stwater_400_240.gif
tdywater_240_400.gif
tdywater_400_240.gif

For WVGA
stwater_480_800.gif
stwater_800_480.gif
tdywater_480_800.gif
tdywater_800_480.gif
Such themes would have been found in ROM, notably in XPERIA ...
A new version of ThemeGenCE already exists for such themes, but it requires Beta Testers validation.

g00ndu

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2008
I hope your program also support sqvga (square screen) 320 x 320 and 240 x 240 for older ppc phones.

By the way, themeGenCE works for square screen, and I have generated a few themes using that.

Last but not least, thanks for developing the software. Wonderful I must say. :)

BenThon

Apr 3, 2006
I hope your program also support sqvga (square screen) 320 x 320 and 240 x 240 for older ppc phones.

By the way, ThemeGenCE works for square screen, and I have generated a few themes using that.

Last but not least, thanks for developing the software. Wonderful I must say. :)
ThemeGenCE in the published version already make square screen (predefined 240x240 in options) because you can define in Options the size you want for images !

But, for now, DPI can only be set to 48, 96 and 192 with this version ! With the beta I have in my bag, I have added 128 and 131 ! regards articles on MSDN :
  • Windows Mobile 6 Standard SDK
    • Windows Mobile 6 Standard (176x220 pixels - 96 dpi)
    • Windows Mobile 6 Standard Landscape QVGA (240x320 pixels - 131 dpi)
    • Windows Mobile 6 Standard QVGA (320x240 pixels - 131 dpi)
  • Windows Mobile 6 Professional SDK
    • Windows Mobile 6 Classic (240x320 pixels - 96 dpi)
    • Windows Mobile 6 Professional (240x320 pixels - 96 dpi)
    • Windows Mobile 6 Professional Square (240x240 pixels - 96 dpi)
    • Windows Mobile 6 Professional Square QVGA (320x320 pixels - 128 dpi)
    • Windows Mobile 6 Professional Square VGA (480x480 pixels - 192 dpi)
    • Windows Mobile 6 Professional VGA (480x640 pixels - 192 dpi)
  • Windows Mobile 6.1 Standard
    DPI: 131 - Resolution: 320 x 320 pixels
    DPI: 131 - Resolution: 400 x 240 pixels
    DPI: 131 - Resolution: 440 x 240 pixels
  • Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
    DPI: 96 - Resolution: 240 x 400 pixels
    DPI: 192 - Resolution 480 x 800 pixels

But for my problem :
I tried to find the xperia graphic files so I dumped this rom:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=407148.
Is it an OFFICIAL ROM ?

Is there anybody who can help me with WVGA and WQVGA themes ?

uhery

Oct 13, 2007
Thanks a lot for your efforts!
I don’t know if could help you … I don’t know if that rom is an official rom (I’m not a programmer)!
… but I found other things about tsk inside that rom … anyway… I attach the files ... otherwise they came to nothing! :)
I only hope it could help! :)
bye!

Attachments

• xperia1.zip
    924.6 KB · Views: 43
  • xperia2.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 25