[APP] [ROOT REQUIRED] Chromecast mirroring (screencasting) works!

Search This thread

bradleyw801

Jul 20, 2010
Salt Lake City
The Chromecast only allows certain devices to use it's new mirroring functions. The OPO is apparently not on that list. But, thanks to this handy app, the Chromecast will now recognize my OPO and allow for full mirroring!

http://xdaforums.com/hardware-hacking/chromecast/experimental-enable-mirroring-device-t2812193

- Install the app and open it.
- Enable "Mirror Status:" and enable "QuickSettings Mirror:"
- Either open the chromecast app, and find mirroring in the left panel, or
- Pull down into your quick settings and see the icon for "cast screen"

There is a small bit of lag, which would mean some games that require split second timing would be hard to play on the big screen, but others work fine, like FIFA 14 for example. Any video site (that doesn't already support Chromecast) will work perfectly as well.

nicesoni_ash

May 26, 2012
Will this make my chromecast work as miracast that allow screen mirroring?

yugz5

Nov 5, 2014
A little easier way (for some)

Thanks for one of the popular and working solutions.. :) I was just about to apply that and I just wondered what happens if I try "Cast Screen" option in my One with my Samsung Smart TV, and I got it working with little efforts! Here's the thread I posted:
http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-one/general/howto-oneplus-one-cast-screen-smart-tv-t2938752

Might be helpful for somebody who wants to go an easy way if possible. :)

Enjoy casting..!

masterchop

May 17, 2011
Thanks for one of the popular and working solutions.. :) I was just about to apply that and I just wondered what happens if I try "Cast Screen" option in my One with my Samsung Smart TV, and I got it working with little efforts! Here's the thread I posted:
http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-one/general/howto-oneplus-one-cast-screen-smart-tv-t2938752

Might be helpful for somebody who wants to go an easy way if possible. :)

Enjoy casting..!

Does it work with the latest version or CM11S 44S??? it stop working for me on that version.:(

yugz5

Nov 5, 2014
I... am... not sure. I was on XNPH38R when I tried.

I will retry after updating to 44R and will post an Update.

If you try before me, do share..! ;)

Sent from my A0001

galaxys3some

May 6, 2014
Does it work with the latest version or CM11S 44S??? it stop working for me on that version.:(

I found a little write up that makes it a lot easier and more stable. First download root explorer go to system folder then build prop. Find
ro.product.device=A0001 and change A0001 to hammerhead and save changes. Now go to settings / display and under cast screen option your chrome cast will now appear then click on it. Now once WiFi on and you pull down quick settings you will see cast option appear.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

yugz5

Nov 5, 2014
Tested... And working fine..!
hehe for some reason it did not work on the first try, after resinstalling it work like a charm.

the only problem is that the screen flickers a bit when you pull down the notifications.

That happened to me once when I was kind of away from the TV or when I thoroughly covered back of my phone. So I assume that would be because of weak Wi-Fi Direct connection between devices. Also, I noticed increase in delays and some jitter in video. So this surely seems like connectivity issue.

May be trying without a case or with WiFi antena area open/unblocked should reflect the improvement.

Sent from my A0001

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Chromecast only allows certain devices to use it's new mirroring functions. The OPO is apparently not on that list. But, thanks to this handy app, the Chromecast will now recognize my OPO and allow for full mirroring!

http://xdaforums.com/hardware-hacking/chromecast/experimental-enable-mirroring-device-t2812193

- Install the app and open it.
    - Enable "Mirror Status:" and enable "QuickSettings Mirror:"
    - Either open the chromecast app, and find mirroring in the left panel, or
    - Pull down into your quick settings and see the icon for "cast screen"

There is a small bit of lag, which would mean some games that require split second timing would be hard to play on the big screen, but others work fine, like FIFA 14 for example. Any video site (that doesn't already support Chromecast) will work perfectly as well.