Noob rooting probs. Need help

Search This thread

watchmuu

May 26, 2014
Basic rundown, I bought an HTC One M8 on tmoblie yesterday, coming off an iphone 4. I've heard you have have have to root your android devices, so that was one of the very first things I did. Shortly after, I was trying to figure out exactly what I could do with the root, and decided to flash a custom ROM. I tried the Google Play edition posted on the dev section of this same forum. Everything worked as planned, except for one huge problem: my data no longer works. I can connect to wifi fine, as well as send texts, but no 4g lte access anymore. Idk if this is a common problem, if I'm doing something simple wrong, etc. I made a backup in TWRP, and saved it to my desktop, and tried restoring my phone to see if that would help, but I must have dne something wrong there too, as it doesn't show any files when I try to restore under TWRP.*

I would greatly appreciate any and all help or tips. I'm new to the android rooting scene and should have taken it more slowly. I thought I had done sufficient research, but I guess I ****ed the pooch somewhere along the way. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA-FORUM, powered by appyet.com

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Change apn to fast.tmobile.com from fast.t-mobile.com
    I had same issue that's the fix

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app