Search This thread

cincyelite22

Jul 30, 2011
Cincinnati
teamwhomp.jpg

presents_zps5069f28b.jpg

WhompasaurusRom_zps3c005903.jpg

whomp.jpg

An ultra smooth, rock stable, and tweaked out stock rom! Offering great battery life, endless options, and putting the installation of the rom in the control of the user. Team Whomp is dedicated toward improving this rom and listening to the users to make it greater.

theteam_zps88686065.jpg

EvolutionCSR: Developer
Cincyelite22: Developer

romfeatures_zps66bdfec6.jpg

Code:
[center]
[SIZE="3"][I]
[u][B][COLOR="blue"]Aroma Installer:[/COLOR][/B][/u][/center]
[B][COLOR="navy"]-Installation Options:[/COLOR][/B]Full Install, Mod and Theme Install
[B][COLOR="navy"]-Touchwiz Launchers:[/COLOR][/B]TW 4x4, TW5x6, Rotating TW4x4, Rotating TW 5x6
[B][COLOR="navy"]-Optional Launchers:[/COLOR][/B]Nova, Apex, Android 4.2 Launcher
[B][COLOR="navy"]-Status Bar Transparency:[/COLOR][/B]No Transparency, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%
[B][COLOR="navy"]-Notification Pull Down Transparency:[/COLOR][/B]No Transparency, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%
[B][COLOR="navy"]-Quick Toggle Colors:[/COLOR][/B] Stock, Baby Blue, Blue, Green, Magenta, Orange, Purple, Red, Yellow
[B][COLOR="navy"]-Drop Down Bar Colors:[/COLOR][/B] Stock, Baby Blue, Blue, Green, Magenta, Orange, Purple, Red, Yellow
[B][COLOR="navy"]-Battery Mods:[/COLOR][/B] Stock, Blue Circle, Circles, Digital Numbers, Green Circle, ICS Circle, Meter, Red, Stars, Stock W/ Percent
[B][COLOR="navy"]-Center Clock:[/COLOR][/B] Align Clock Center, Align Clock Right
[B][COLOR="navy"]-Optional Mods:[/COLOR][/B] Call Recording, Resizable Popup Browser, Ad Block, Increased Volume Levels, Auto Correct for Samsung Keyboard, On Screen Navigation Keys
[B][COLOR="navy"]-Google:[/COLOR][/B] Play Store, Maps, Street, Google Now & Search, GMail, GTalk, Youtube, Play Music, Play Books, Play Magazines
[B][COLOR="navy"]-Samsung:[/COLOR][/B] All Share, Groupcast, Kies, Media Hub, Music Hub, Mobile Print, Samsung Apps, Pen Apps, S Suggest, S Voice, S Cloud
[B][COLOR="navy"]-Miscellaneous:[/COLOR][/B] Accuweather Apps, Adobe Flash, Amazon Apps, Dropbox, NFL Mobile, Polaris Office, VPN Client, Yahoo Apps, Flipboard, Live Wallpapers,Verizon Apps, Swype
[B][COLOR="navy"]-Jelly Bean Apps:[/COLOR][/B] Jelly Bean Keyboard, Jelly Bean Camera, Jelly Bean Desckclock
[B][COLOR="navy"]-Social Media:[/COLOR][/B] XDA, Twitter, Facebook, Google +
[B][COLOR="navy"]-File Managers:[/COLOR][/B] ES File Explorer, Stock Samsung File Explorer
[B][COLOR="navy"]-Kernels:[/COLOR][/B] Stock Kernel, Perseus Kernel V32.1, Saber Kernel V13.4
[B][COLOR="navy"]-Boot Animation:[/COLOR][/B] Fossil Animation, Whomp on Fire Animation
[b][center]
[COLOR="navy"]
-4in1 Reboot
-5x6 TouchWiz Launcher W/ Scrolling Wallpaper
-8 Color Options for Quick Toggles and Drop Down Bar
-23 Quick Settings Toggles Mod
-Awesome Beats Audio Mod
-Ad Block
-Android 4.2 Launcher, GMail, Keyboard, Camera, & Desk Clock
-AOSP Lockscreen Option
-AROMA Installer
-Battery Tweaks
-Black Status Bar
-Build.prop Tweaks
-Busy Box Support
-Call Record Mod
-Camera in Call enabled
-Camera enabled with low battery
-Camera Shutter Sound Option
-Center Clock Mod
-Contacts Tweaks
-Custom Boot Animation
-Debloated!
-Disabled Full Charge Notification
-Increased Call and Speaker Volume
-MultiWindow w/ All apps enabled and 50% opacity
-Multiple Kernel Selections
-Network Tweaks
-Notification LED Customization
-On Screen Navigation Buttons
-Percent Battery Mods
-Perseus Kernel
-Retheme and Remod Option in AROMA
-Resizable Popup Browser
-Rotating TouchWiz Launchers
-Samsung Auto Correct Keyboard
-SMS Tweaks
-Stability
-Stock Look
-Stock Fonts
-SuperUser
-Transparent Pull Down
-Transparent Status Bars
-Volume Buttons as Shutter
-Volume Skip Track enabled
-Wallpaper Scrolling
-Whompasaurus Built in Settings
-Whompasaurs Wallpapers
-Wifi Tether Mod[/COLOR][/center]
[/I][/B][/SIZE]

screenshots_zps43b1a636.jpg

permission_zps9f5a4ab5.jpg

If anyone would like to use the work of Team WHOMP! all we ask is that you give us the credit due :)

Last edited:

cincyelite22

Jul 30, 2011
Cincinnati

installation_zps7ae852f7.jpg

1. Make a Nandroid Backup!
2. Download Rom
3. Place Rom on Internal SD card
4. Boot phone into CWM or TWRP (hold Vol up, Home, & Power Button)
5. Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, & Data(Factory reset in TWRP)!
6. Select 'Install ZIP from SD card'
7. Select 'Choose ZIP from SD card'
8.Select Whompasauraus Rom that you placed on Internal SD card
9.Reboot & Enjoy!!!

changelog_zpsb59b9b3b.jpg

Code:
[size="3"]

[I][U][COLOR="navy"]

2/19/2013 [B]V1.0[/COLOR][/U][/I][/B]
-Initial Release
[/size]
bugreports_zps78101568.jpg

This rom is being built blindy as EvolutionCSR and I have no device. Any bugs that you find are encouraged to be posted or sent to us through a pm so that we can fix them. If you find a fix for something feel free to let us know as it would help out a lot! :)

download_zps73adc535.jpg

Whompasauraus V1.0
MD5: e4c8ea7db653b57d20c3a1a70777c5f7
Data, Cache, and Dalvik Cache is RECOMMENDED
AOSP Lockscreen will give landscape freezes if any check boxes in lock screen settings are checked, except for the clock and weather check boxes.

Last edited:

cincyelite22

Jul 30, 2011
Cincinnati

disclaimer_zpsb794a799.jpg

-Team WHOMP! is not responsible for any damages that may be caused by flashing this rom. By flashing this rom you are assuming full responsibility for anything that may occur.​
credits_zps59df5a2f.jpg

Scrosler- For the deodexed base!
Wanam- For Porting Toggles to the Note II.
Gyebro- For his Resizable Popup Browser.
Andreilux- For his Perseus Kernel.
Team AC!D- For their awesome Audio Mods!
BSDgeek_Jake- For his Ad Block Hosts File.
TrevE- For his Wifi Tether Mod.
Stericson & Kastro- For their Metamorph!
Chainfire- Helping to get root on the Note II.
Google- For Android
Samsung- For the Galaxy Note II.
Thisiskindacrap!- For the touchwiz battery images
majdinj- For the battery mods
Loserskater-Helping with the volume skip mod
Donators- You all make this happen!
If we missed you on here please let us know! :)

donations_zps0d9c52c8.jpg

If you like our work please donate :)

Anyone who donated please post a reply so we can add you to the donator list!

Code:
[center]
[LIST]
[/LIST] [/center]

Last edited:

srzero88

Sep 30, 2012
Re: [ROM][Team WHOMP!] Whompasaurus Rom BETA [ALL4] 2/17/13

I saw you needed testers....i was waiting for a thread on it to show up so I can try something else. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

cincyelite22

Jul 30, 2011
Cincinnati
Originally we were going to port the Sprint Rom because it would be easier since we didn't have the device, but we figured it would be better to provide a bug free rom with it based on Verizon. Neither me or Evolution have this device so all the feedback on the rom helps. This release has been tested by some already and a new one is in the works. One issue is the boot animations so far. It seems that Verizon may use a different method for getting boot animations working because we have tried a lot of methods to get it going with no luck. If you have any input let us know. Thanks guys!

blackbass595

Dec 9, 2008

Goodness at all the options...I'll try this the next free day/ flash day that I have

cincyelite22

Jul 30, 2011
Cincinnati

Yup. I'll try this thing out. I can get you a nice review video once you get out of beta. :)

Sure would appreciate it. We have been hesitant to release because we want to only post stable builds but with out the device we had to compromise since we had a lot if requests asking for help porting it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

zeroxg4

Nov 8, 2009
After choosing my options, install went extremely quick (about 5-7 seconds) which kinda worried me. Seems to be stuck on the boot screen right now (not getting to bootani and softkeys aren't lighting up). I'll give it another 5 mins before I give up though.

EDIT: OK it's not booting. bummer

Last edited:
Reactions: Swogglerdev

cincyelite22

Jul 30, 2011
Cincinnati

What options did you choose in aroma? Btw I will have another build tomorrow if all goes well with the testing in the morning. Might be a little bumpy till we get out of beta but that is expected since we dont have the device.

Last edited:

zeroxg4

Nov 8, 2009
What options did you choose in aroma? Btw I will have another build tomorrow if all goes well with the testing in the morning. Might be a little bumpy till we get out of beta but that is expected since we dont have the device.

Can't remember exactly but.. I chose all of the Red coloring options, 50% transparency (the only other option was no transparency), right hand clock, and left all of the other options as is (they were checked by default).

The install went way too fast though... I could pretty much tell that it didn't actually install correctly.

evolutioncsr

Apr 12, 2008
Arlington, TX
Red Magic 6S Pro
Can't remember exactly but.. I chose all of the Red coloring options, 50% transparency (the only other option was no transparency), right hand clock, and left all of the other options as is (they were checked by default).

The install went way too fast though... I could pretty much tell that it didn't actually install correctly.

If you have a chance can you please choose the save log option in Aroma after install and PM it to me or attach it here so I can take a look at it.

zeroxg4

Nov 8, 2009
If you have a chance can you please choose the save log option in Aroma after install and PM it to me or attach it here so I can take a look at it.

Nevermind. I'm stupid. I installed the MOD version because I read over it took quickly and thought that it was a non-standard install (I thought the first option was non-customizable and the second allowed for customization). I didn't realize that the second option is ONLY after having installed the ROM because I wasn't paying enough attention. I'm running the install again (I expect it should work properly this time). I'll report back in a few mins.

evolutioncsr

Apr 12, 2008
Arlington, TX
Red Magic 6S Pro
Nevermind. I'm stupid. I installed the MOD version because I read over it took quickly and thought that it was a non-standard install (I thought the first option was non-customizable and the second allowed for customization). I didn't realize that the second option is ONLY after having installed the ROM because I wasn't paying enough attention. I'm running the install again (I expect it should work properly this time). I'll report back in a few mins.

Ok I understand happens to the best of us :). Let us know how it goes.

Reactions: Ohh_Trenton

zeroxg4

Nov 8, 2009
Ok I understand happens to the best of us :). Let us know how it goes.

Alright everything went smoothly. Only things that I've noticed so far are the annoying GPS icon at the top can't be removed and the kernel install went a little wierd. I selected Perseus kernel but during the install it said that both Perseus and Saber were installed. When I went to check in About Phone it now says that Saber is installed :confused:

I also don't see the option for AOSP lockscreen anywhere.. (but perhaps I'm just not looking in the right place?)

cincyelite22

Jul 30, 2011
Cincinnati

Alright everything went smoothly. Only things that I've noticed so far are the annoying GPS icon at the top can't be removed and the kernel install went a little wierd. I selected Perseus kernel but during the install it said that both Perseus and Saber were installed. When I went to check in About Phone it now says that Saber is installed :confused:

I also don't see the option for AOSP lockscreen anywhere.. (but perhaps I'm just not looking in the right place?)

Lock screen options in settings is where aosp lock screen will be. I'll have to fix the Kernel install error. And Ill get the gps icon out of there as well

Reactions: Shaffer678

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    teamwhomp.jpg

presents_zps5069f28b.jpg

WhompasaurusRom_zps3c005903.jpg

whomp.jpg

An ultra smooth, rock stable, and tweaked out stock rom! Offering great battery life, endless options, and putting the installation of the rom in the control of the user. Team Whomp is dedicated toward improving this rom and listening to the users to make it greater.

theteam_zps88686065.jpg

EvolutionCSR: Developer
    Cincyelite22: Developer

romfeatures_zps66bdfec6.jpg

Code:
    [center]
    [SIZE="3"][I]
    [u][B][COLOR="blue"]Aroma Installer:[/COLOR][/B][/u][/center]
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Installation Options:[/COLOR][/B]Full Install, Mod and Theme Install
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Touchwiz Launchers:[/COLOR][/B]TW 4x4, TW5x6, Rotating TW4x4, Rotating TW 5x6
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Optional Launchers:[/COLOR][/B]Nova, Apex, Android 4.2 Launcher
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Status Bar Transparency:[/COLOR][/B]No Transparency, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Notification Pull Down Transparency:[/COLOR][/B]No Transparency, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Quick Toggle Colors:[/COLOR][/B] Stock, Baby Blue, Blue, Green, Magenta, Orange, Purple, Red, Yellow
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Drop Down Bar Colors:[/COLOR][/B] Stock, Baby Blue, Blue, Green, Magenta, Orange, Purple, Red, Yellow
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Battery Mods:[/COLOR][/B] Stock, Blue Circle, Circles, Digital Numbers, Green Circle, ICS Circle, Meter, Red, Stars, Stock W/ Percent
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Center Clock:[/COLOR][/B] Align Clock Center, Align Clock Right
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Optional Mods:[/COLOR][/B] Call Recording, Resizable Popup Browser, Ad Block, Increased Volume Levels, Auto Correct for Samsung Keyboard, On Screen Navigation Keys
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Google:[/COLOR][/B] Play Store, Maps, Street, Google Now & Search, GMail, GTalk, Youtube, Play Music, Play Books, Play Magazines
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Samsung:[/COLOR][/B] All Share, Groupcast, Kies, Media Hub, Music Hub, Mobile Print, Samsung Apps, Pen Apps, S Suggest, S Voice, S Cloud
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Miscellaneous:[/COLOR][/B] Accuweather Apps, Adobe Flash, Amazon Apps, Dropbox, NFL Mobile, Polaris Office, VPN Client, Yahoo Apps, Flipboard, Live Wallpapers,Verizon Apps, Swype
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Jelly Bean Apps:[/COLOR][/B] Jelly Bean Keyboard, Jelly Bean Camera, Jelly Bean Desckclock
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Social Media:[/COLOR][/B] XDA, Twitter, Facebook, Google +
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-File Managers:[/COLOR][/B] ES File Explorer, Stock Samsung File Explorer
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Kernels:[/COLOR][/B] Stock Kernel, Perseus Kernel V32.1, Saber Kernel V13.4
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Boot Animation:[/COLOR][/B] Fossil Animation, Whomp on Fire Animation
    [b][center]
    [COLOR="navy"]
    -4in1 Reboot
    -5x6 TouchWiz Launcher W/ Scrolling Wallpaper
    -8 Color Options for Quick Toggles and Drop Down Bar
    -23 Quick Settings Toggles Mod
    -Awesome Beats Audio Mod
    -Ad Block
    -Android 4.2 Launcher, GMail, Keyboard, Camera, & Desk Clock
    -AOSP Lockscreen Option
    -AROMA Installer
    -Battery Tweaks
    -Black Status Bar
    -Build.prop Tweaks
    -Busy Box Support
    -Call Record Mod
    -Camera in Call enabled
    -Camera enabled with low battery
    -Camera Shutter Sound Option
    -Center Clock Mod
    -Contacts Tweaks
    -Custom Boot Animation
    -Debloated!
    -Disabled Full Charge Notification
    -Increased Call and Speaker Volume
    -MultiWindow w/ All apps enabled and 50% opacity
    -Multiple Kernel Selections
    -Network Tweaks
    -Notification LED Customization
    -On Screen Navigation Buttons
    -Percent Battery Mods
    -Perseus Kernel
    -Retheme and Remod Option in AROMA
    -Resizable Popup Browser
    -Rotating TouchWiz Launchers
    -Samsung Auto Correct Keyboard
    -SMS Tweaks
    -Stability
    -Stock Look
    -Stock Fonts
    -SuperUser
    -Transparent Pull Down
    -Transparent Status Bars
    -Volume Buttons as Shutter
    -Volume Skip Track enabled
    -Wallpaper Scrolling
    -Whompasaurus Built in Settings
    -Whompasaurs Wallpapers
    -Wifi Tether Mod[/COLOR][/center]
    [/I][/B][/SIZE]

screenshots_zps43b1a636.jpg

permission_zps9f5a4ab5.jpg

If anyone would like to use the work of Team WHOMP! all we ask is that you give us the credit due :)
    Thread cleaned
    There will be no profanity or disrespect on my forums
    Please read the rules, they are simple and easy to follow
    Please when posting bugs do not sound disgusted (with an ughhh) or entitled
    Simply list what was expected and what actually happened and the methods tried
    We try to encourage development here not discourage which is what happens with flame wars
    Thank you for your cooperation
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
    Re: [ROM][Team WHOMP!] Whompasaurus Rom BETA R2 [ALL4] 2/19/13

How about you changing the text color in the OP from blue to a color that's readable?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
    I agree 100 percent, I have a hard time reading the blue on the phone and not just in this app either. The cnet app uses a lot of blue and I can barely read it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Goodness gracias!! Really??? This is how we greet two new developers BLINDLY building?

Go kick rocks... You should be kicked out of android. Change your damn background color.

/rant

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    I do admit some apology for the bugs that have been seen. I had access to the note on verizon for a night but really wanted to use that time to knock out the major beta bugs. I payed a coworker to give me his phone for the night so I could tighten it up. All the current bugs will get fixed and I apologize again for the stuff I missed. Thanks for all the feedback guys!!!

Got my hands on a note II on Verizon till tomorrow. Now that I can see what i've done ill fix a few bugs and we will put this out on official release. That includes a working boot ani. :) Messaging app is missing in beta r2 and status bar is still grey. Those will be fixed. If there is anything anyone else noticed let me know.

Thanks guys.