[MOD]No Ascending Ringer + Call Recording - 4.1.2 K7 - i317

Search This thread

carlospr21

Oct 9, 2007
P.R. Levittown
Since im on 4.1.2 ota update fully stock with only root
my friend seanzscreams modded the apk for us so all credits go to him
So here is the secphone.apk without the increasing ringtone + now with call recording
i have only tested it on ATTK7 4.1.2 BASE ROM so dont know if it will work on others

how to install must be rooted
download your favorite root explorer
you can put your phone in airplane mode if you like
nav. to system/app
copy paste SecPhone.apk
set permission to rw-r--r--
then you must delete the "SecPhone.odex" in /system/app after installing
REBOOT

Use at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damage this mod causes to your phone.

here is seanzscreams Thread go hit the thanks button on him

DOWNLOAD HERE

Vrtheme install for your themed phone.apk cwm thanks to sling
http://www.mediafire.com/?ej2r8dqkigb6grn

working on
CleanRom 4.5
JEDI XP11
CleanRom 1.2
i317m, Canadian version, Running Stock Rooted

TQfwMRh.png

Last edited:

shup00

Dec 7, 2007
I tested it on cleanrom 4.0.5 with Rogers and this works flawlessly. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: carlospr21

Bsmith0731

Jan 15, 2013
No problem glad to hear that it works on other roms :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

Try to load this on Jedi xp9 without any success.. I didn't see the sec phone.odex

Current Devices: At&t Samsung Galaxy Note, Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Asus Google Nexus 7 Super Tablet

Current Roms: Jedi XP 9 (Note 2), AOKP (Galaxy Nexus), Nexus 7 Stock

carlospr21

Oct 9, 2007
P.R. Levittown
Try to load this on Jedi xp9 without any success.. I didn't see the sec phone.odex

Current Devices: At&t Samsung Galaxy Note, Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Asus Google Nexus 7 Super Tablet

Current Roms: Jedi XP 9 (Note 2), AOKP (Galaxy Nexus), Nexus 7 Stock

Wierd it work on clean rom 4.0.5 and its the same base of jedi xp9 did u set permission right ??

Jarhead0317

Feb 16, 2013
Successful Run

Thanks SEANZSCREAMS!!!! I just installed this on a Note 2, i317m, Canadian version, Running Stock Rooted 4.1.2 from MrAnderson.
The US ATT version is the i317 (no "M"). The last three digits of my build are MA3 so I was a little apprehensive about loading something for a K7 build.
TIP: (1) Before doing anything, run a full backup of Titanium Pro all Apps and System Data, just to be safe, yeah NANDS are great but there are work arounds so the counter doesnt get tripped-HA!!

(2) Copy the apk file to your SD card in your phone and using your favorite root explorer, also move the existing system file (SecPhone.apk) you are replacing to a new folder on your SD card, that way you still have it in case you need to, you can delete the MOD and put it back. clever huh?

(3) Now that the stock SecPhone.apk file has been MOVED (not deleted) to a special place of its own ON YOUR SD CARD (NOT internal), go ahead and move the new SecPhone.apk into the System/app folder and change its permissions, guess what, you wont need to install it, because
MOVING it to the folder will do that for you, set your permissions (play with the little check boxes until you get "rw-r-r").

(4) Now DONT delete the SecPhone.odex file, but instead MOVE it to the special folder on your SD card you created just for this exercise.

(5) You did it. Reboot and enjoy Call Recording!!

NOTE: Anytime instructions tell you to delete a file, DONT EVER DO THAT!!!!! MOVE it to an external, non-booting folder in case you have to put it back. Makes Sense doesn't it?

Reactions: missajsam

jimaginet

Feb 17, 2013
No Ascending Ringer + Call Reccord

Work perfect with CleanRom 4.5 on Rogers. Thanks!

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium

Hi I can not find SecPhone.odex file to delete. I know CleanRom 4.5 is de-odex Rom. But you have it work? Please Tell me how?
I did copy the SecPhone.apk file in System/app then I got stuck?

Carrier Rogers
SGH-I317M
CleanRom 4.2.5
BaseBand: J2

royalh

Feb 25, 2006
Portland
Hi I can not find SecPhone.odex file to delete. I know CleanRom 4.5 is de-odex Rom. But you have it work? Please Tell me how?
I did copy the SecPhone.apk file in System/app then I got stuck?

Carrier Rogers
SGH-I317M
CleanRom 4.2.5
BaseBand: J2

Since CleanROM is already de-odexed, you don't have to delete the odex file...You need to copy the file to \system\app (which you said you did already - did you back up the original file?) and set the permissions correctly... reboot and that's it.

jimaginet

Feb 17, 2013
No Ascending Ringer + Call Recording

Since CleanROM is already de-odexed, you don't have to delete the odex file...You need to copy the file to \system\app (which you said you did already - did you back up the original file?) and set the permissions correctly... reboot and that's it.

Thank you for quick reply
Yes I did. I moved the original to sd card and copy the new one in. after that my phone lock up. I did not even have a change to set permission. And honestly
I have no idea how to set permissions. Check all box? I saw there are 3 rolls of check box. what should I do? Please let me know
Thanks

Last edited:

royalh

Feb 25, 2006
Portland
Thank you for quick reply
Yes I did. I moved the original to sd card and copy the new one in. after that my phone lock up. I did not even have a change to set permission. And honestly
I have no idea how to set permissions. Check all box? I saw there are 3 rolls of check box. what should I do? Please let me know
Thanks
I'm guessing you have a custom recovery set? CWM or TWRP? If so, try going into recovery and setting the proper permissions (User: rw Group: r Other: r) or you have TWRP, you can choose the "Set Permissions" option and see if that fixes it...

jimaginet

Feb 17, 2013
I'm guessing you have a custom recovery set? CWM or TWRP? If so, try going into recovery and setting the proper permissions (User: rw Group: r Other: r) or you have TWRP, you can choose the "Set Permissions" option and see if that fixes it...

I do have TWRP. I did not know if I can set permission using TWRP?. Anyway I just went back to System/app and checked out the permission setting of the original SecPhone.apk file. I saw only 4 checks box. So again I copied the new SecPhone.apk back and set permission exactly to original file. and reboot. It works....Cool!!!
Thanks

Gucci.Nexus

Oct 23, 2010
Vancouver
Works great on stock 4.1.2

Anyone know how to change where they get stored? I want to be able to store recordings on my micro sd card.

Anyway how to make it always record automatically?

Phone: Galaxy Note II - SGH-i317M* Provider: Telus Rom: Stock - rooted (JB 4.1.2) Kernel: Stock Recovery: Stock

--------------
Thanks to the Devs hard work and the power of sharing!

jimaginet

Feb 17, 2013
There is no way to save it to sd card. Hope the developer who creates this mod will change it in the near future. I also wish that I can record the ringing sound too.
Love this mod

Sent from my SGH-I317M

Reactions: Gucci.Nexus

biswasd

Nov 24, 2007
has this beeen proven to work with BT headest as well?? last i heard, no solution has been found whereby calls can be recorded while using a BT headset????

xqj37

Mar 23, 2011
Edmonton
I've searched this thread and can't seem to find out where the call recordings are saved. Can anyone help me?

Btw, I'm running JEDI XP11 and installation seemed to go well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since im on 4.1.2 ota update fully stock with only root
    my friend seanzscreams modded the apk for us so all credits go to him
    So here is the secphone.apk without the increasing ringtone + now with call recording
    i have only tested it on ATTK7 4.1.2 BASE ROM so dont know if it will work on others

how to install must be rooted
    download your favorite root explorer
    you can put your phone in airplane mode if you like
    nav. to system/app
    copy paste SecPhone.apk
    set permission to rw-r--r--
    then you must delete the "SecPhone.odex" in /system/app after installing
    REBOOT

Use at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damage this mod causes to your phone.

here is seanzscreams Thread go hit the thanks button on him

DOWNLOAD HERE

Vrtheme install for your themed phone.apk cwm thanks to sling
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ej2r8dqkigb6grn

working on
    CleanRom 4.5
    JEDI XP11
    CleanRom 1.2
    i317m, Canadian version, Running Stock Rooted

TQfwMRh.png
    Will this mod bust any theme done on the dialer ?

Mac
    Yes very possible.
    Your basically replacing all the modded pngs etc in your current apk with the ones in tweaked apk.
    The way around this clash is to extract dex from tweaked apk packing into vrtheme install.
    Here you go - http://www.mediafire.com/?ej2r8dqkigb6grn
    I tested it on cleanrom 4.0.5 with Rogers and this works flawlessly. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Work perfect with CleanRom 4.5 on Rogers. Thanks!

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium
    Thank you so much! Working without a hitch on CleanRom 1.2!