Mega 6.3 cases

Search This thread

leetrevor81

Jun 24, 2013
Because this isn't a main stream phone, from what I can see, the choice of cases out there are really slim.

I bought a cheap case off ebay, which is ok, but i'm not terribly happy with. The case is from taipo212 on ebay, the 'rubber hard coating skin case'. It fits well and looks pretty good initially, but marks too easily due to the matte/rubber like material. It also came with a couple small marks already on it. However, I needed a case till I find the perfect case, and it was cheap.

I'm waiting on another case from ebay, which I will comment on when I receive it. A 'clear hard tough case' from 'yousave-au'. Would love to hear from anyone that has this already.

I couldn't find a generic cases thread for the mega 6.3, so I think this thread would be a big help to lots of people.

Can anyone who has a case comment on if the case is good, where you got it from etc, even people with bad experiences, if they can let us know, so we know what cases to avoid

gx3k

Jul 8, 2008
I just ordered one of these from eBay UK for £1.99 with free screen protector. I like these ones as they are cheap and durable, it protects the whole phone and I have been using the same type of case for my Nexus 7, Original Note, Lg L3, and Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 with no problems.
$T2eC16VHJFwFFZ8RnuyZBR)C6k6nog~~60_12.JPG

There are lots of generic cases available for the Mega 6.3 and in my experience they are quite good. Here are some ultra thin ones, I have tried this type of case on my original Note but didn't like it as the top and bottom of the phone are exposed to scratches.
MEGA63-ARMOR-BLK-SHE.jpg

These ones are advertised as Hydro Gel Rubber, whatever that means. I have also tried this with my original Note but after a few months it became loose and I went back to the S Line type case.
$(KGrHqV,!rkFGVj,s5EyBRqNlZgPMQ~~60_12.JPG

Last edited:

jimmbomb

May 22, 2010
St Louis
I use the S-Line and like it alot.
The phone is still slim and the texture is such that it doesnt hang up inside your pants front pocket when I pull it out..
Comes out and goes in smooth and is not slippery feeling like it will squirt out of my hand..
Im impressed. Just the features that I like..
EXCEPT.... one gripe.. I want the button covers removed. I want to feel and press the actual button and not the rubber button bumper..

juzz86

Retired Senior Moderator
I have a NillKin snap-on hard case (in black) for mine. This is quickly becoming my case of choice for all my phones - it's classy and maintains the thin waistline. It doesn't provide all-round edge protection though, so you need to be a bit more careful :) I also have a generic snap-on clear case, which looks alright but sits hard against some patches of the back, making it look a little cheap lol.

Reactions: bigfau

yunfengrui

May 2, 2013
cheap mega 6.3 leather case

Because this isn't a main stream phone, from what I can see, the choice of cases out there are really slim.

I bought a cheap case off ebay, which is ok, but i'm not terribly happy with. The case is from taipo212 on ebay, the 'rubber hard coating skin case'. It fits well and looks pretty good initially, but marks too easily due to the matte/rubber like material. It also came with a couple small marks already on it. However, I needed a case till I find the perfect case, and it was cheap.

I'm waiting on another case from ebay, which I will comment on when I receive it. A 'clear hard tough case' from 'yousave-au'. Would love to hear from anyone that has this already.

I couldn't find a generic cases thread for the mega 6.3, so I think this thread would be a big help to lots of people.

Can anyone who has a case comment on if the case is good, where you got it from etc, even people with bad experiences, if they can let us know, so we know what cases to avoid

I purchased a cheap leather mega 6.3 stand case on Amazon uk - 4 colors available : black white blue green grey pink, just search "allreli mega 6.3 case" on Amazon uk

jimmbomb

May 22, 2010
St Louis
Got my new case today,it's extra slim :)

tCwoa31.jpg

S0Omv9h.jpg

I like your case... I also like how the button holes are cut out exposing the buttons.
I have a TPU case like yours but the buttons are covered.
Where did you get your case??
Can you link us to your sweet case...
Is it flexible, TPU or a stiff plastic??
thanks...

gx3k

Jul 8, 2008
I like your case... I also like how the button holes are cut out exposing the buttons.
I have a TPU case like yours but the buttons are covered.
Where did you get your case??
Can you link us to your sweet case...
Is it flexible, TPU or a stiff plastic??
thanks...

Click the photo for the link:

It's stiff plastic for only £1.29 but it's from Hong Kong so it takes weeks to arrive.

Troute

Aug 22, 2010
Location Location.
OnePlus 9 Pro
Just got one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290945411155

$(KGrHqR,!n4FHbjD-w4kBR4R+Cck+Q~~60_12.JPG

The "Army Green" version, it's really a very dark brown like oiled leather or hunter leather. It has the same look and feel as a wallet I bought from Amazon UK (Visconti Hunter) though of course it's not leather.
There's no go to sleep magnet in it but that was easily fixed. It's a third of the price of the last case I bought and feels much nicer in the hand, the inner phone holder part is hard plastic not tpu and is open at either end with cut outs for the volume and power buttons.

Last edited:

Kangburra

Sep 7, 2007
Just got one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290945411155

$(KGrHqR,!n4FHbjD-w4kBR4R+Cck+Q~~60_12.JPG

The "Army Green" version, it's really a very dark brown like oiled leather or hunter leather. It has the same look and feel as a wallet I bought from Amazon UK (Visconti Hunter) though of course it's not leather.
There's no go to sleep magnet in it but that was easily fixed. It's a third of the price of the last case I bought and feels much nicer in the hand, the inner phone holder part is hard plastic not tpu and is open at either end with cut outs for the volume and power buttons.

I have got one and while it is very good it worn quite quickly and will no longer "stand" up in landscape mode. I paid about $9 and am happy with I got. :)

Flavio

I have a NillKin snap-on hard case (in black) for mine. This is quickly becoming my case of choice for all my phones - it's classy and maintains the thin waistline. It doesn't provide all-round edge protection though, so you need to be a bit more careful :) I also have a generic snap-on clear case, which looks alright but sits hard against some patches of the back, making it look a little cheap lol.

I have ordered a brown Nillkin for my white Mega.

gx3k

Jul 8, 2008
Got my new case today, same as my blue ultra slim case but I got black.

b4b0gi.jpg

160earm.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just ordered one of these from eBay UK for £1.99 with free screen protector. I like these ones as they are cheap and durable, it protects the whole phone and I have been using the same type of case for my Nexus 7, Original Note, Lg L3, and Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 with no problems.
    $T2eC16VHJFwFFZ8RnuyZBR)C6k6nog~~60_12.JPG

There are lots of generic cases available for the Mega 6.3 and in my experience they are quite good. Here are some ultra thin ones, I have tried this type of case on my original Note but didn't like it as the top and bottom of the phone are exposed to scratches.
    MEGA63-ARMOR-BLK-SHE.jpg

These ones are advertised as Hydro Gel Rubber, whatever that means. I have also tried this with my original Note but after a few months it became loose and I went back to the S Line type case.
    $(KGrHqV,!rkFGVj,s5EyBRqNlZgPMQ~~60_12.JPG
    that's cook,, thanks..
    ask you this.....when you flip it around flat to the back....
    does it cover up the camera and flash???

The transparent part of the case will cover the lens and flash. Though you can take pics through the plastic film, you are better off without it if you have smudges in the cover.
    I got another gel case which has more protection than the ultra thin case.

66f0xg.jpg

2h4xp1u.jpg
    I just got the ballistic case in the mail and I really love it. I feel like the phone is protected now I'm going to post some pictures for you guys in a little bit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using xda app-developers app