Unable to install any custom Roms

Search This thread

Original T

Apr 10, 2012
Shoreview, MN
ok my problem is ive tried installing a few different roms VIPERONE being the one i want. when i go to recovery and try installing any custom Roms i get the Succesful FAILED instantly. i tried bad boyz rom based on the 1.54.654.9 version but still no luck. i cannot figure out why this is happening. ive tried with TWRP 2.7.0.0 revcovery as well and same thing happens. i really want ViperONE Rom as i have used it on my previous phones and its the best. anyone having this issue or know why its happening please help. thanks

i have the HTC ONE M8 Harman kardon edition with software version 1.54.654.9 i am htc unlocked, Captains Recovery, rooted, s-off', and SuperCID on stock Rom still

i searched for an answer already but did not find anything on it so sorry if i missed something.:confused:

stark1159

Aug 11, 2012
Ogden
Try to update your recovery to 2.7.0.2

Sent From My Sprint® HTC One M8™ Rooted Unlocked S-Offed TWRP 2.7.0.2

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

ok my problem is ive tried installing a few different roms VIPERONE being the one i want. when i go to recovery and try installing any custom Roms i get the Succesful FAILED instantly. i tried bad boyz rom based on the 1.54.654.9 version but still no luck. i cannot figure out why this is happening. ive tried with TWRP 2.7.0.0 revcovery as well and same thing happens. i really want ViperONE Rom as i have used it on my previous phones and its the best. anyone having this issue or know why its happening please help. thanks

i have the HTC ONE M8 Harman kardon edition with software version 1.54.654.9 i am htc unlocked, Captains Recovery, rooted, s-off', and SuperCID on stock Rom still

i searched for an answer already but did not find anything on it so sorry if i missed something.:confused:

Here install this and you can try multiple recoveries to see which one works for you. I think that is your problem. Just a side note...you have to use the volume and power buttons to navigate through aroma installer. Hope this helped man. Let me know

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2743927

[AROMA][SPRINT]Recovery Switcher[2014-05-07]

mrlakadaddy

Mar 23, 2008
brooklyn
Just try capt throwbacks version, you'll find it on the mikmik website or in his signature.

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

metalspring

Nov 5, 2011
FYI, I posted in the other thread he made about the issue and it is indeed a problem with twrp recovery, it is not fully compatible with the hk version for some reason, I "solved" my issue by using philz touch recovery

Reactions: AarSyl

Original T

Apr 10, 2012
Shoreview, MN
I am currently running capt. Throwbacks recovery but I will give the other recoveries a try as u suggest. I'll let ya know if I get one to work.

slimbrady

Oct 15, 2013
Boise
Motorola Edge +
OnePlus 8T
Try to update your recovery to 2.7.0.2

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

Here install this and you can try multiple recoveries to see which one works for you. I think that is your problem. Just a side note...you have to use the volume and power buttons to navigate through aroma installer. Hope this helped man. Let me know

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2743927

[AROMA][SPRINT]Recovery Switcher[2014-05-07]

Sorry to thread jack if that's what I'm doing but his issue was probably fixed as he has not updated this and it's touching on an issue I have with Aroma installers....I've tried the Bad Boys, NVProject, Bad Seed (i think) and one or two other Sense ROMS and they all use Aroma installers. Even that Recovery Switcher that uses Aroma I can't get working properly. I believe in many cases the touch screen is supposed to be working but mine will not work nor do that arrow keys + power advance me down the list of options. I can SOMETIMES check the agreement boxes if I hold power and press a bunch of times on the screen while hitting the side buttons, lol. This 'technique' has gotten me almost all the way through an Aroma installation but, inevitably, I end up hitting back instead of finish or can't make anyting but the "about' to come up.

I have no problems installing AOSP and AOKP roms via Philz or the Twrp I was using its only the Sense ROMS/Aroma combo that are giving me trouble....

Currently I am S-OFF and have reverted back to the sense stock rom and taken the OTA which has me up to software version 1.54.654.13.
I am having issues with my 3G and getting stuck in 1xRTT or Roaming constantly but I think this may be a network issue as tens of thousands of acres have burnt to the ground as close as 1 mile from my house this week and Sprint said they had dispatched some technicians to examine some of their structures/tower in southern california......

The only other thing I can think of is that I had to fastboot oem writeCID 11111111 to get the RUU to work...was I supposed to change that to something else afterwards?

Konfuzion

Oct 17, 2008
Upland
OnePlus 9 Pro
Sorry to thread jack if that's what I'm doing but his issue was probably fixed as he has not updated this and it's touching on an issue I have with Aroma installers....I've tried the Bad Boys, NVProject, Bad Seed (i think) and one or two other Sense ROMS and they all use Aroma installers. Even that Recovery Switcher that uses Aroma I can't get working properly. I believe in many cases the touch screen is supposed to be working but mine will not work nor do that arrow keys + power advance me down the list of options. I can SOMETIMES check the agreement boxes if I hold power and press a bunch of times on the screen while hitting the side buttons, lol. This 'technique' has gotten me almost all the way through an Aroma installation but, inevitably, I end up hitting back instead of finish or can't make anyting but the "about' to come up.

I have no problems installing AOSP and AOKP roms via Philz or the Twrp I was using its only the Sense ROMS/Aroma combo that are giving me trouble....

Currently I am S-OFF and have reverted back to the sense stock rom and taken the OTA which has me up to software version 1.54.654.13.
I am having issues with my 3G and getting stuck in 1xRTT or Roaming constantly but I think this may be a network issue as tens of thousands of acres have burnt to the ground as close as 1 mile from my house this week and Sprint said they had dispatched some technicians to examine some of their structures/tower in southern california......

The only other thing I can think of is that I had to fastboot oem writeCID 11111111 to get the RUU to work...was I supposed to change that to something else afterwards?

The problem is the aroma installer hasn't been updated to be compatible with spirit as of yet. Use the volume up/down to highlight things and power to select. I think it's vol down 4 times and then up once to get to next. You will get the hang of it.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Reactions: stark1159

Original T

Apr 10, 2012
Shoreview, MN
ok sorry havent updated til now but i have tried all the recoveries in the zip to install multiple recoveries easily and not one of them would work to install viperone rom but i tried bady boyz with them all as well and i was able to get that installed using philz recovery but none of the others worked with it. when i try viperone with any recovery it wont even start up aroma intsaller at all just gives me failed right away in the recovery. so as of now im on bad boyz rom but i want viperone rom im not satisfied with any other. bad boyz is a good rom dont get me wrong i have just used viper since i began rooting my phones and i love it. anyways aroma works for the recovery install zip just fine (other then the touch not working) so i dont knopw if its a recovery issue or something with aroma or possibly viperone rom even i have no clue?. thanks for all ur replies and suggestions everyone ur a big help always. id love to get this solved so i can run viperone rom again as i had on my first H/K M8 that i exchanged for the current one i am using. sorry again took so long to update

Original T

Apr 10, 2012
Shoreview, MN
The problem is the aroma installer hasn't been updated to be compatible with spirit as of yet. Use the volume up/down to highlight things and power to select. I think it's vol down 4 times and then up once to get to next. You will get the hang of it.

oh as to the volume/power buttons for selecting the options in aroma. i believe that there is no exact combo to get the selection on the next button. ive had 1 or 2 pages that i only hit down once and it selected next right away and then sometimes it didnt. so it varies on the up down number of times. ive had it not work using down so many times then up once a few times so its hard to really be certain . just my finding about that issue.

Last edited:

metalspring

Nov 5, 2011
ok sorry havent updated til now but i have tried all the recoveries in the zip to install multiple recoveries easily and not one of them would work to install viperone rom but i tried bady boyz with them all as well and i was able to get that installed using philz recovery but none of the others worked with it. when i try viperone with any recovery it wont even start up aroma intsaller at all just gives me failed right away in the recovery. so as of now im on bad boyz rom but i want viperone rom im not satisfied with any other. bad boyz is a good rom dont get me wrong i have just used viper since i began rooting my phones and i love it. anyways aroma works for the recovery install zip just fine (other then the touch not working) so i dont knopw if its a recovery issue or something with aroma or possibly viperone rom even i have no clue?. thanks for all ur replies and suggestions everyone ur a big help always. id love to get this solved so i can run viperone rom again as i had on my first H/K M8 that i exchanged for the current one i am using. sorry again took so long to update

Did you try formatting data, cache, and system partitions in any of the recoveries that worked? Or have you tried a RUU (if you are s-off)

Original T

Apr 10, 2012
Shoreview, MN
Did you try formatting data, cache, and system partitions in any of the recoveries that worked? Or have you tried a RUU (if you are s-off)

i have not tried that in all the diff recoveries actually.
i am s-off and not sure about RUUing at all with this phone. i will give them ideas a try now and report back once done. hope that works.

which RUU would u suggest i try? i am on Bad Boyz Sprint ONE M8 Harman v1.1 rom with build 1.54.654.13. if that matters any.
If u know a link to the RUU thatd be great help and save me a lill time. thanks

metalspring

Nov 5, 2011
i have not tried that in all the diff recoveries actually.
i am s-off and not sure about RUUing at all with this phone. i will give them ideas a try now and report back once done. hope that works.

which RUU would u suggest i try? i am on Bad Boyz Sprint ONE M8 Harman v1.1 rom with build 1.54.654.13. if that matters any.
If u know a link to the RUU thatd be great help and save me a lill time. thanks

I know my issue was fixed by using philz recovery, wiping data, cache, and system and then installing a new rom. If the issue is what I think it is, then wiping all the partitions I mentioned should fix it. (I think the issue is related to some file system corruption and twrp not being able to properly handle the corruption, when other recoveries work just fine, so formatting the partition will get rid of the corrupted data)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2729173

Original T

Apr 10, 2012
Shoreview, MN
I know my issue was fixed by using philz recovery, wiping data, cache, and system and then installing a new rom. If the issue is what I think it is, then wiping all the partitions I mentioned should fix it. (I think the issue is related to some file system corruption and twrp not being able to properly handle the corruption, when other recoveries work just fine, so formatting the partition will get rid of the corrupted data)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2729173

i noticed u didnt include the boot partition to wipe.. do i only wipe the partitions u suggested or include the boot as well? sorry just dont want to mess anything up if i can avoid it. thanks again tho for quick replies.

metalspring

Nov 5, 2011
i noticed u didnt include the boot partition to wipe.. do i only wipe the partitions u suggested or include the boot as well? sorry just dont want to mess anything up if i can avoid it. thanks again tho for quick replies.

You can wipe boot partition as well, just dont wipe anything you dont immediately recognize (I know philz touch has tons of options to wipe different partitions, and a lot of them probably would be bad to wipe lol)

Original T

Apr 10, 2012
Shoreview, MN
You can wipe boot partition as well, just dont wipe anything you dont immediately recognize (I know philz touch has tons of options to wipe different partitions, and a lot of them probably would be bad to wipe lol)

ok i wiped said partitions and tried installing viper from philz recovery and twrp recovery and no go same thing happening. almost got worried when i tried rebooting and got the "no OS installed, r u sure?" but i just installed bad boyz again to get going again. im gonna try RUUing cause now i get a message after my phone starts saying something bout inconsistent partitions, u must wipe data partition or phone will be unstable. so gonna just RUU and start from there. do u know by chance if it is possible to create a backup with say twrp recovery and able to restore it with any of the recoveries such as philz or does a backup need to restored using the recovery it was created with? thanks again.

Here is a shot of what I received in philz after attempting viper install. http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums...s/2014-05/IMG_20140519_010012_zpsl8wwj5mi.jpg

Last edited:

Original T

Apr 10, 2012
Shoreview, MN
ok so i RUUed with the RUU u suggested and then tried installing Viperone rom and still getting the same failed status. i tried restoring my backup i made before attempting these suggestions and it seems they do not restore completely either. errrrr so frustrating! my first M8 i had no problems with root soff recovery or installing viperone... this one is just not going so well. im gonna keep at it tho until i get viperone on my phone. lol

Original T

Apr 10, 2012
Shoreview, MN
Good news.. I was able to install ViperONEm8 rom finally after all the hassle.
i went to TWRP recovery website and downloaded the TWRP recovery 2.7.0.2 and downnloaded ViperONEm8 1.5.0 version and flashed the recovery and installed the 1.5.0 version without a problem i tried 1.6.0 first but got the failed thing again but 1.5.0 installed no problem. YAYYY!!
Thank you all for your help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FYI, I posted in the other thread he made about the issue and it is indeed a problem with twrp recovery, it is not fully compatible with the hk version for some reason, I "solved" my issue by using philz touch recovery