Anyone Recommend any Tweaks to Running Stock rom?

Search This thread

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
Any Tweaks recommended for performance? I have decided I want to stay stock, Gonna Odin back to stock and root again. Any Tweaks to tune it a little? I`m prob gonna install Xposed and a few S5 apps, but any speed improvement tweaks that might be good?

Thanks :) I`m not a noob, but I do know this post seems like one :p

Frank Westlake

Nov 13, 2013
Delete bloatware from /system (there are several threads on that) and install Apex launcher for a custom look.

Frank

Morningstar

Apr 2, 2006
CA
www.alliance-rom.com
If you're rooting, then first thing I would do is flash a custom kernel. I would recommend either Compulsion or ColonelX. After that, install Xposed and the GravityBox and Wanam modules. I've tweaked more things than I can possibly remember, but those would definitely be my starting points....

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Techngro

Dec 4, 2010
NYC
Any Tweaks recommended for performance? I have decided I want to stay stock, Gonna Odin back to stock and root again. Any Tweaks to tune it a little? I`m prob gonna install Xposed and a few S5 apps, but any speed improvement tweaks that might be good?

Thanks :) I`m not a noob, but I do know this post seems like one :p

If you're worried about losing out on features by going with a custom ROM, there are plenty of ROMs out there that are fast and light, but let you keep all of the Touchwiz features. Hyperdrive for example.

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
If you're worried about losing out on features by going with a custom ROM, there are plenty of ROMs out there that are fast and light, but let you keep all of the Touchwiz features. Hyperdrive for example.
I actually like hyperdrive but its the older base :(

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Techngro

Dec 4, 2010
NYC
I actually like hyperdrive but its the older base :(

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Yeah, but i've found it to be very stable, which is more important in my opinion. I was stock for a while, which is unusual because I normally root and go custom immediately. But once I saw I could keep all the Touchwiz features I liked, plus get a faster ROM, it was a no brainer (which would make me sad if I were a zombie).