willing to donate for working solution

Search This thread

carkev

Jan 4, 2009
www.kevbro.uk
I have slaved over trying to get sound with bootanimation on my Blade.
it seems strange to me why this cannot be done when it is possible on other Androids, and it is a doddle on HTC's
I know there are many very knowledgable devs out there ... and if someone can spare the time I will donate !

my Blade is the Oled type, current rom is Blue Ginger v5.
here is what I have gathered from many other postings on various websites & forums.

firstly, there is confusion over the mp3 name ...
Bootsound.mp3, android.mp3, android_audio.mp3 and boot.mp3 have all been advised.

then it's location has been stated as in:
data/local, system, system/media, system/bin, and system/audio/ui ... etc.

then there are those who state that it needs an 's' line in dec.txt, or even embedding the mp3 into bootanimation.zip !
I even found a Cyanogen bootsound fix zip file for their roms, but it did not surprise me when that failed on mine.

I appreciate that perhaps with all these permutations it may be just case of my not dropping on the correct one ... but surely it is possible ?

pleeeeeese help here !

Carlos_Manuel

Apr 28, 2011
Kuressaare
I have slaved over trying to get sound with bootanimation on my Blade.
it seems strange to me why this cannot be done when it is possible on other Androids, and it is a doddle on HTC's
I know there are many very knowledgable devs out there ... and if someone can spare the time I will donate !

my Blade is the Oled type, current rom is Blue Ginger v5.
here is what I have gathered from many other postings on various websites & forums.

firstly, there is confusion over the mp3 name ...
Bootsound.mp3, android.mp3, android_audio.mp3 and boot.mp3 have all been advised.

then it's location has been stated as in:
data/local, system, system/media, system/bin, and system/audio/ui ... etc.

then there are those who state that it needs an 's' line in dec.txt, or even embedding the mp3 into bootanimation.zip !
I even found a Cyanogen bootsound fix zip file for their roms, but it did not surprise me when that failed on mine.

I appreciate that perhaps with all these permutations it may be just case of my not dropping on the correct one ... but surely it is possible ?

pleeeeeese help here !

hmm.. if you open the bootanimation.zip then you need to add somewhere the audio file(s)
Or if you want only audio to Android boot logo then try this: framework-res.apk <----- go to /assets/sounds if it have it (I don't remember)
then you need to add audio to framework-res.apk with right name.. (maybe...)

Search from google: audio to bootanimation.zip

EDIT: to get audio to work on bootanimation.zip then maybe it needs playmp3 to /system/bin/ folder...

I will try to get sounds to boot animation!

Last edited:

Carlos_Manuel

Apr 28, 2011
Kuressaare
Motorola bootanimation.zip with SOUND:
it needs /system/media/bootanimation.zip
and the the audio /system/media/#####.mp3

and then you need to add audio text to desc.txt in bootanimation.zip

Example:

480 800 15
p 1 0 part0
s weareelectric.mp3
p 0 0 part1

EDIT: this not work!

add sound files to /system/media/audio/ui (RENAME SOUND TO Bootsound.mp3)
now it need to have sound when android booting!

Last edited:

carkev

Jan 4, 2009
www.kevbro.uk
post had been viewed 87 times ! .... so many thanks for responding,
believe me I have tried what works on your Motorola to no avail .. and have googled my heart out..

I see many posts where what you advise definitely does work on other phones, but not on my damn Blade !
so I can only assume that it must be something to do with the Blade's kernal or roms, or perhaps the fact that it is now a Gen 2 with a custom Android 2.3.4 ?

in desc.txt I have:
480 800 20
p 1 0 part0
s Bootsound.mp3 ... (I even tried this on different lines)
p 0 0 part1
and I have even got copies of Bootsound.mp3 in all these folders: data/local, system, system/media, system/bin, and system/audio/ui
I have even tried adding the mp3 to the zip file !

I continue to live in hope, and will also have a go at that framework-res.apk you mention.

hal_9000

Jan 20, 2008
in desc.txt I have:
480 800 20
p 1 0 part0
s Bootsound.mp3 ... (I even tried this on different lines)
p 0 0 part1
and I have even got copies of Bootsound.mp3 in all these folders: data/local, system, system/media, system/bin, and system/audio/ui
I have even tried adding the mp3 to the zip file !

Just a thought... Did you try using an OGG sound instead MP3?

carkev

Jan 4, 2009
www.kevbro.uk
it didn't work ....
but I think you may be onto something as all the sound files in audio/notifications etc are oggs.

I will have another go later today, and particularly with editing desc.txt as I assume that when it is referenced as below sound should play after part0 ?
480 800 15
p 1 0 part0
s Bootsound.ogg
p 0 0 part1
I will not give in, and may put 's' line in other positions, and even try a path on it eg: s system/media/Bootsound.ogg or whatever
nb: as stated I have googled extensively ... my zip file is not compressed, and paths to my pics are in the zip ok .. in fact the whole animation is fine.

hal_9000

Jan 20, 2008
it didn't work ....
but I think you may be onto something as all the sound files in audio/notifications etc are oggs.
While developing a game I found that some OGG FX sounds were played by my device and some were not played at all, depending on some codification parameter.

Just to be sure, is the OGG file you used a conversion made by you from the original MP3? If so, then try to use one of the OGG files already present on "/audio/notifications", copying it to "/system/media" of course.

carkev

Jan 4, 2009
www.kevbro.uk
I'm stiil soldiering on,
but did find something that intrigues me ...

I found a file named just 'bootsound' in /system/bin, copied it to my PC and browsed it with a hex editor.
I could find no occurrance of the word sound in it,
but desc.txt appears as does the phrase 'boot animation disabled' which I find peculiar since my animation itself works fine.

I'm probably (certainly ?) getting a bit desperate here, but does anyone know if this has any relevance at all ?

carkev

Jan 4, 2009
www.kevbro.uk
still not winning, still soldiering on ...
but
I found a file named just 'bootanimation' in /system/bin. copied it to PC and browsed it with a hex editor. (see my screenshot)
there is no ocurrance of the word sound in it,
but desc.txt appears as does the phrase 'boot animation disabled' which is peculiar as my actual animation works fine.

I'm probably (certainly ?) getting paranoid now, but does anyone know if this file has any relevance to sound problem at all ?

Attachments

• bootanim.jpg
    bootanim.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 47

Carlos_Manuel

Apr 28, 2011
Kuressaare
Hey I Just remembered:

I edited init.rc for Samsung Jét (JetDroid) [Android boot mode..]

init.rc have sound text and boot animation + boot sound text!

I cant unpack/extract or something boot.img because I don't know how!
it is too difficult!

so add this to init.rc

# bootsnd
setprop audioflinger.bootsnd 1

If you want check Samsung Spica init.rc more to get something for Blade the you can check it here: https://github.com/MadRocker/alt-init.rc/blob/master/spica_init.rc_default

EDIT: add this too

#service bootsound /system/bin/playmp3
# user media
# group audio
# oneshot

P.S. I checked many many many ROMS and them don't have ´playmp3 file on /system/bin/ so maybe it needs other file name..?

Last edited:

carkev

Jan 4, 2009
www.kevbro.uk
thanks, but this may be beyond my expertise actually.

from a quick google, it seems to me that editing init.rc is similar to editing command.com in the days before Windows.

not sure if I want to go there, but may consider it.
I'm golfing tomorrow, so won't be able to post any real progress for 24 hours or so.

Carlos_Manuel

Apr 28, 2011
Kuressaare
this maybe helps: http://xdaforums.com/archive/index.php/t-1010045.html

EDIT: these didn't work but maybe in CM7 works!

I will try them soon!

EDIT: WORKS!

you need to download: bootsound-vision-CM-signed.zip Nb: DO NOT FLASH IT!
you need to add files to ROM and then you need to edit META-INF folder files:

you need to use: CM Blade-full-159 (NIGHTLY) You can edit META-INF folder files yourself if you want to get booting audio to other ROM!

bootsound-vision-CM-singed-zip :---> http://www.mediafire.com/?g29td6bgqasxaws

Now you have sounds on boot: it says DROID
you can change it to adding your sound file to /system/media/ and you need to rename it to: android_audio.mp3

Download my attach file: and replace it on ROM

Click Thanks button if this helped you at least little bit! =)

P.S. It's rebooting 2 times (Green Android logo) and then it's booting fine! and you hear the song!

You Tube VIDEO:

FINAL EDIT:Can anybody developer make this much better for Blade?

Attachments

• META-INF.zip
    171.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

carkev

Jan 4, 2009
www.kevbro.uk
@manumanfred ...
you have me a bit confused here,
it seems you are saying you got the above working on your Blade, which would be absolutely fantastic !

my confusion is as to why you advise getting a CM7 nightly, as well as the CM sound patch ?
I did know from Modaco that the patch does work with Cyanogen roms, but it did not with my Blue Gingern.

so, hopefully is it simply that you are advising that I add your file(s) to my current rom and re-flash, or add to my phone directly ? ... is so, to where ?

I have opened Blue Ginger in Winzip, and it does have 6 'meta-inf' references. (see my screen shot)
but I have not yet been able to find a meta-inf folder on my phone, I use Es File Explorer.
your zip has 11 files (one is a Windows thumbs.db) but the filenames do not match those in my pic.

sorry to be so long winded and stupid here, I am trying to understand !
since success is so close then I do not want to mess up at the 11th hour after all your kind efforts and hard work.

Carlos_Manuel

Apr 28, 2011
Kuressaare
@manumanfred ...
you have me a bit confused here,
it seems you are saying you got the above working on your Blade, which would be absolutely fantastic !

my confusion is as to why you advise getting a CM7 nightly, as well as the CM sound patch ?
I did know from Modaco that the patch does work with Cyanogen roms, but it did not with my Blue Gingern.

so, hopefully is it simply that you are advising that I add your file(s) to my current rom and re-flash, or add to my phone directly ? ... is so, to where ?

I have opened Blue Ginger in Winzip, and it does have 6 'meta-inf' references. (see my screen shot)
but I have not yet been able to find a meta-inf folder on my phone, I use Es File Explorer.
your zip has 11 files (one is a Windows thumbs.db) but the filenames do not match those in my pic.

sorry to be so long winded and stupid here, I am trying to understand !
since success is so close then I do not want to mess up at the 11th hour after all your kind efforts and hard work.

I didn't found other so this for CM 6 and 7 and maybe it works on other ROMS make copy of your blue ginger ROM if sound files not work..

open cm-sound file .zip folder
now you see these folders system and META-INF
select system
then you see these folders: bin and media

open bin folder and move/copy files to Ginger Blue ROM

now you need to edit these files: CERT.SF and MAINFEST.MF

How to edit them:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1213732 <--- CHECK THIS MY POST..

YOU SEE the CODE: texts...
add these texts to CERT.SF and MAINFEST.MF

and now flash your ROM