[S-OFF] Juopunutbear S-OFF - Call for beta testers - All HBOOTS - MT4GS

Search This thread

scotty1223

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2011
"bricks" was the term i heard. :eek: apparently a couple of tests were not successful,with bad results.

ac3theone

Jan 26, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
:) is this for real

EDIT: this seems a bit risky, has anyone tried this yet?

Sent from my DoubleShot Lite using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

mrbmg

Nov 14, 2010
Midlothian, TX
Make sure you don't wear a thong and also make sure you havea black light on. Oh yeah, make sure your don't have gel in your hair either..

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

GravvyTrain

Apr 7, 2011
Atlantis
I was S-ON Unlocked and this worked for me on the third attempt at [wire-tapping].

WARNING: THIS METHOD MIGHT WIPE YOUR SD CARD

Went to fastboot usb after s-off and flashed recovery.img. Worked but could not read SDCARD... Took SD put into the PC and it says unreadable. I assume the process of grounding the wire on the SD cover corrupts the card.
So I took my spare SD -put pyr-o-ics1.1.3.zip on it and installed it through recovery.

Running JuopunutBear HBOOT works just fine..

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
While I don't need this tool, it is absolutely sweet that there is a path to S-Off for more recent MT4GS owners. Nice job.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

Lockdo6307

Jul 7, 2011
Boston
is this confirmed? I'm s-on unlocked wondering if this is worth a shot? And when I do try should I removed sdcard

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    s-off success

took a few reboots but got it! thanks to fuses and hyuh for walking me through it.

Glad to help!

scaled.php
    Guys, don't worry about testing I guess. I have everything setup and I'm buying Blue's mt4gs to test and develop on for 200$. You all damn well better be happy. >.> Throwing 60$ towards the device myself.
    I bricked 2 of mine before they altered the exploit. I did the exact same thing this time but used a wire (you NEED to use a wire or a paperclip with electrical tape. Wire is preferred though, I stripped an ethernet cable since there's like 7 wires in there total. Strip it to copper on both ends just enough to get contact and follow the method) but anyway, I have s-off now and it's beautiful. I also found that you can restore the sdcard after corruption, just create a new partition table and then repartition it. ) Hope this helped.

Proof of sdcard restore:
    jPz9wo1I8BbCU.jpg

Also proof that I'm not turbo-tarded:

2012-04-23
    JuopunutBear needs breakfast. http://unlimited.io
    Clean up done! lets not steer away.. cheers!