[APP][2.2+] Downiton.mobi - Down it on my mobile devices please!

Search This thread

cloudvn

May 11, 2012
Ho Chi Minh City
Have ever wanted to download a file to your mobile devices while surfing the web on your computer? If yes, what did you do?
---Had to type in the exact same link in your web browser on your mobile?
---Had to download that file to your computer then copy to your mobile?
---E-mail yourself that file's url?
It was pain, right? We've experienced the same pain with you. So we come up with Downiton.mobi to make this job easier!
After installing our app (free, no ads, now and ever later), create an account from www.downiton.mobi website in seconds, then login to app on your device and forget it. It just works for you, no more care about it.
So how does it work?
After logging in to your account on Downiton.mobi and sign in this account on Android mobile device.
Your devices (as many devices as you have) will be shown up in the list on our website.
Paste your link into the textbox, select the target device and the DOWN-IT-ON- MOBI button will do the rest of magic instantly!

NOTE THAT: This app only work with DIRECT download links!!!!!!!

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.downiton

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 12/11/2013:
[Server side]: Supported SSL/TLS.

Attachments

• Downloadit.1.0.5.apk
    450.5 KB · Views: 878
Last edited:

cloudvn

May 11, 2012
Ho Chi Minh City
(***) Version 1.0.3 - Update to get app back-compatible with Android 2.x
(***) Version 1.0.4 - Update logout function to help unregister device faster!

mjrshark

Jan 30, 2011
Didnt use it yet , but it looks like workin the same way Chrome's extension "Chrome to mobile" ..... send link to ur mobiles to download or serf or whatever you wanna do. its even easier just click and send no need to register or have an app in your phone

or am wrong ?

davexd97

Jun 16, 2013
it's a good alternative but there are better ways, and just like the other user said , it's free for now , but how long it'll be free?
You can use a chrome extension to convert any download link to qr code and download from phone or if you dont have your phone next to you, you can download to your pc and use dropbox (or any other cloud service) and if you have the app on your phone you can download it whenever you want to your phone , and you keep a backup too!

SUDroid

Nov 4, 2012
Can you add a feature to this app. Can you add a option to remove the device off the account and maybe an account deletion button in case the app doesn't fit someones needs?

EDIT: Could you also add a forgot password button on the page?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: cloudvn

cloudvn

May 11, 2012
Ho Chi Minh City
im guessing they have to be direct download links right? I just added a dev-host link and it hasnt downloaded
Yes, you're right. But new features are coming soon and maybe it includes supporting download from some files, videos hosting, such as dev-host, youtube...:)

nice idea, but i won't register an account. why? it's just a way to start charging people money for using the service. i know it's free now, but for how long?
I can promise it is free, now and ever later!!! ;)

Can you add a feature to this app. Can you add a option to remove the device off the account and maybe an account deletion button in case the app doesn't fit someones needs?

Thanks!
Thanks for great ideas, but now you just logout on your mobile side then this device is no longer available on your account. Forgot password and delete account was added to our list, and it will come very soon! ;)

SUDroid

Nov 4, 2012
Yes, you're right. But new features are coming soon and maybe it includes supporting download from some files, videos hosting, such as dev-host, youtube...:)

I can promise it is free, now and ever later!!! ;)

Thanks for great ideas, but now you just logout on your mobile side then this device is no longer available on your account. Forgot password and delete account was added to our list, and it will come very soon! ;)

But the android UID and the device name is still there on the device tab. I want to remove it completely. Is it possible?

xzaxox

Dec 20, 2011
When I click "show all downloads" I got message "Unfortunately, Downiton.mobi has stopped."

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have ever wanted to download a file to your mobile devices while surfing the web on your computer? If yes, what did you do?
    ---Had to type in the exact same link in your web browser on your mobile?
    ---Had to download that file to your computer then copy to your mobile?
    ---E-mail yourself that file's url?
    It was pain, right? We've experienced the same pain with you. So we come up with Downiton.mobi to make this job easier!
    After installing our app (free, no ads, now and ever later), create an account from www.downiton.mobi website in seconds, then login to app on your device and forget it. It just works for you, no more care about it.
    So how does it work?
    After logging in to your account on Downiton.mobi and sign in this account on Android mobile device.
    Your devices (as many devices as you have) will be shown up in the list on our website.
    Paste your link into the textbox, select the target device and the DOWN-IT-ON- MOBI button will do the rest of magic instantly!

NOTE THAT: This app only work with DIRECT download links!!!!!!!

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.downiton

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 12/11/2013:
    [Server side]: Supported SSL/TLS.
    awesome
    great work dude

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

awesome
    great work dude
    Kool

Kool Apps
    Looks good; a simple and elegant solution to when I don't want to have to download to a cloud site then redownload to my Android devices.

Thanks!

Thanks!