[q] usb bricked ?

Search This thread

red de0392

Mar 15, 2013
Mumbai
Hello Friends.
Does USB BRICK Problem Exist on out HOV ?? For those who dont know whats USB brick...Head Over to this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=691187

I'm facing same problems mentioned in this thread...Especially as far as charging is concerned
I'm on shpongle...There are frequent Battery Jumps, say for eg if I'm Charging my phone and it charges properly till a particular percentage say till 63% and then kinda stops there and when i reboot my device it jumps to directly to 96%. I unplug device it drains unbelievably fast :(

I did Some Research Over it and found out that it may be caused Due to USB Brick
Is their anything as such USB BRICK for hov ??

Please Help

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
Hello Friends.
Does USB BRICK Problem Exist on out HOV ?? For those who dont know whats USB brick...Head Over to this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=691187

I'm facing same problems mentioned in this thread...Especially as far as charging is concerned
I'm on shpongle...There are frequent Battery Jumps, say for eg if I'm Charging my phone and it charges properly till a particular percentage say till 63% and then kinda stops there and when i reboot my device it jumps to directly to 96%. I unplug device it drains unbelievably fast :(

I did Some Research Over it and found out that it may be caused Due to USB Brick

Please Help

Have you done anything to damage your misc partition? Or do you have a backup of your misc partition? USB bricks are very difficult to get past unless you have a back up of your partition. I believe the creator of 4ext recovery madmaxx developed a fix for the desire that could be used through his recovery. The main thing to remember is that your misc partition is specific to your phone. Not your model, your actual phone in your hand and if you flash a misc partition from someone else's phone it will kill it. Unless you have a backup, or some makes a generic misc for your phone model you may be stuck. Have you tried a ruu, and ate you s-on or s-off?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

red de0392

Mar 15, 2013
Mumbai
Hello Friends.

Please Help

I have no clue whats misc partition.
There is no stock ruu for indian cid...
M s-off now
My phone works properly its just the battery issue....
Checked with various apps... All say battery condition is good...
I flash roms quite often... Is that the reason?

Sent from my One V using xda app-developers app

parkourz

Jul 8, 2011
M s-off now

I also have those % jumps after reboots, but without battery drain... it drains fast only from 100 to 90, but it's normal :p

Reactions: red de0392

parkourz

Jul 8, 2011
So is It Normal ?
It kinda pisses me off its been close 1 and half hr i have hov..b4 it was fine...from past 2-3 months...I'm witnessing this

I was mainly talking about that 100-90 drain... but I'm sure that those jumps after reboots are caused by often ROMs flashes... script that is responsible for creating batterystats.bin just goes crazy... or something like that... my N4 is only unlocked and rooted, everything else is stock and I'm not facing such big jumps after reboot... they're not bigger than 3%

red de0392

Mar 15, 2013
Mumbai
I was mainly talking about that 100-90 drain... but I'm sure that those jumps after reboots are caused by often ROMs flashes... script that is responsible for creating batterystats.bin just goes crazy... or something like that... my N4 is only unlocked and rooted, everything else is stock and I'm not facing such big jumps after reboot... they're not bigger than 3%

Ooo...
So if i stay on one rom say for next 6 months... Battery life would come back to normal or close to it?

kwitu

Jul 24, 2013
Sopot
Ooo...
So if i stay on one rom say for next 6 months... Battery life would come back to normal or close to it?

The more you discharge it to nearly auto turn off moment and fully charge after, the better it will work. My was a bit "wild" after I had like 5 ROMs changed in one day. Then it setted pretty nice, keeping up to 3-4 days with normal use. No weird drops, also goin 100-90 smoothly for hours not 2 mins:)

red de0392

Mar 15, 2013
Mumbai
The more you discharge it to nearly auto turn off moment and fully charge after, the better it will work. My was a bit "wild" after I had like 5 ROMs changed in one day. Then it setted pretty nice, keeping up to 3-4 days with normal use. No weird drops, also goin 100-90 smoothly for hours not 2 mins:)

Okay..Thanks For your reply...I'll stay on current rom for few months and will see...
But everyday release of new roms...its quite tempting to flash :D :p

red de0392

Mar 15, 2013
Mumbai
You don't have to stay on one ROM for few months, any of them need something about 5 full discharges and charges

Today's battery life. On screen 2hrs 11mins

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389977410929.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389977410929.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 24

kwitu

Jul 24, 2013
Sopot
Today's battery life. On screen 2hrs 11mins

That's kind of poor. Weren't you using it heavily during that time? I can hit 4 days on single battery life. However when I played games a bit and used hell lot of 3g internet, it dropped from 50 to 10 in like no time, 1-2hrs.

red de0392

Mar 15, 2013
Mumbai
That's kind of poor. Weren't you using it heavily during that time? I can hit 4 days on single battery life. However when I played games a bit and used hell lot of 3g internet, it dropped from 50 to 10 in like no time, 1-2hrs.

Mate only 2hrs of on screen time...
Didn't use too much... Just normal whatsapp and Facebook with opera mini... :'(
Just drops say from 25to 21stays at 21fr abt 8 mins n then drps rapidly... Sick of it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    M s-off now

I also have those % jumps after reboots, but without battery drain... it drains fast only from 100 to 90, but it's normal :p
    So is It Normal ?
    It kinda pisses me off its been close 1 and half hr i have hov..b4 it was fine...from past 2-3 months...I'm witnessing this

Ooo...

Okay..Thanks For your reply...I'll stay on current rom for few months and will see...
    But everyday release of new roms...its quite tempting to flash :D :p

You don't have to stay on one ROM for few months, any of them need something about 5 full discharges and charges