[Q] Gradient status bar for stock 4.1.2

Search This thread

IamAdderlyn

Nov 26, 2013
I'm on the stock rom (4.1.2) i'm wondering if someone can edit my SystemUI.apk to make my status bar looks like official Samsung's kitkat

Attachments

• check-out-newest-test-build-4-4-2-kitkat-for-your-samsung-galaxy-s4.w654.jpg
    check-out-newest-test-build-4-4-2-kitkat-for-your-samsung-galaxy-s4.w654.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 978

SteveMurphy

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 22, 2012
Atlanta
You could always try Nova Launcher, pretty sure that has the gradient status bar. That would be easier than modifying the system ui.

creepyncrawly

Sep 3, 2010
I been watching some posts about it, it's all about decompile the SystemUI.apk and i try it but i don't know and all goes wrong, yesterday i lost my status bar trying

Hope you saved a copy of the original file. Yeah, I've tried dabbling with system files in the past, but had similar results. You have to get pretty seriously into it, and there's a lot to learn. Gives you an appreciation for what the developers actually do.

Developers usually do what they are interested in, rather than what someone else is interested in. I doubt if anyone with the skill to do that is still using or interested in this phone.

Reactions: IamAdderlyn

IamAdderlyn

Nov 26, 2013
Hope you saved a copy of the original file. Yeah, I've tried dabbling with system files in the past, but had similar results. You have to get pretty seriously into it, and there's a lot to learn. Gives you an appreciation for what the developers actually do.

Developers usually do what they are interested in, rather than what someone else is interested in. I doubt if anyone with the skill to do that is still using or interested in this phone.

Yes, you're right, thanks for your answer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for your answer the thing is that i don't want to change the launcher, just the status bar

Well, then, you need to learn to program it yourself.
    I been watching some posts about it, it's all about decompile the SystemUI.apk and i try it but i don't know and all goes wrong, yesterday i lost my status bar trying