[Q] Can't Send/Receive picture messages

Search This thread

MichaelWestin

Jun 5, 2010
My friend got a TB and can't send or receive pictures via mms. He gets the exact same message as a poster on a different forum:

"I just wanted to throw this out there as I have not found a solution...

I've had my Thunderbolt for like a week and a half now and for the majority its been great. Starting about yesterday, I've been unable to send or receive MMS/picture messages.

If someone sends me one, I get a little note in my conversation that says "so and so" is trying to send a message and lets me choose download or delete. This seems new to me, I don't remember seeing this notification in my text convo. If I choose download, it shows a little icon with a clock in it, as its trying to download the picture. After about 5 minutes, I get a notification that it failed because of a generic network failure.

A similar thing happens if I try to send a message to someone with a picture in it. My regular texting works fine and I can go on the internet perfectly. I've tried sending messages with WiFi and/or Mobile Data on/off... doesn't seem to make a difference.

Called VZW last night and they took me through battery pulls, SIM card pulls, and whatnot... didn't fix the problem. They were checking things on their end but did not see an issue. The last woman I got gave me two options, 1, she could open a network tix for me or 2, I could go to store and do a phone swap as I'm in my converage period. I told her to put in the tix for now, and perhaps I'd swap this weekend.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?"

So far nobody has answered. He's using stock rom, and the stock messaging settings / handcent settings match the way they are set on my Evo. If anybody could help it would be greatly appreciated.

J

justinisloco

is it on 3G or 4G? MMS will not work unless your in data coverage

J

justinisloco

what about sending it through regular messaging? I couldn't tell if he is using Handcent or using regular messaging. How about uninstalling Handcent?

mchaos

Apr 2, 2011
Make sure the picture being sent is not too big. If this doesn't do it you may have to call Verizon about it. Going back a few years I had an issue with my dumb phone. Couldn't receive picks. They had to reset my account. Also some providers don't always send pic messages so well to verizon. Have your friend have some on on Verizon send him a pic.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App