[Hack] Simplified Tapfish

Search This thread

odes

Nov 30, 2010
New methods found. ROOT REQUIRED. I am in no way responsible for your device, or the feeding of your fish. Alter system files at your own risk(eye protection not necessary). All recommended apps are the sole property of it's developer(Thank you).
New method:
Step 1: Find and install Sqlite Editor.
Step 2: Find and install Root Explorer. ( I found this one to be best)
Step 3: Open SQL, grant permissions, Let it scan databases, close it.
Step 4: Open Root Explorer (Will be referenced as RE from here on)
Step 5: Create 2 folders on your SD card. 1 to keep original files(just in case) a 2nd to modify originals.
Setup is now complete and your ready to get stuff!
Changing your user data.
Step 1: Open RE, Navigate to Data/Data/com.bayview.Tapfish/databases, Click tapfish.sqlite
2012-04-27_13-54-31.jpg
Step 2: Go to user, you will now see your current coins and Bucks.
2012-04-27_13-55-18.jpg
Step 3: Longpress the desired box. Edit field. Enter the desired amount. Save
Step 4: Repeat Step 3 for coins, bucks, and level. (you may need to enter a large xp amount for your level to stick.
You are now finished gaining wealth. Go spend away...or continue reading for more fun.

Before exiting RE let's copy those files.
Step 1: Navigate up one folder. ( Data/data/com.bayview.tapfish)
Step 2: Open the download folder, followed by the stores folder. (It is at the very bottom)
Step 3: Select and copy all .DB files. (If using RE this would be a good time to create a bookmark of this folder.)
2012-04-27_10-46-19.jpg
Step 4: Navigate to the root of your SD card, and to the folder you created for backups. Paste there.
Step 5: Repeat copy and paste to the 2nd folder. (I will refer to it as work folder)
Now you are set to modify almost anything. Let's get to it.(feel free to explore the databases in the work folder.)
Modifying Food bricks.
Step 1: In your "work" folder open 7.db
Step 2: Open store_item you will see the bricks in order as they appear in the store.
2012-04-27_10-49-17.jpg
Step 3: Scroll to buy_prices, and longpress the top box (it reads default,fishbucks,4.00)
2012-04-27_10-49-37.jpg
Step 4: Edit that field so it reads default,coins,1.00 then save. (you can modify in any combination you like, default,fishbucks,-20.00 to get paid)
Step 5: After it is saved back out to the "work" folder so all .db files are visible. (another good time to bookmark.)
Step 6: Copy the 7.db file you edited and paste it to the data/data.com.bayview.tapfish/download/stores (hopefully you bookmarked it so you can one click)(I will call this the system folder)
Step 7: Yes overwrite it.
2012-04-27_10-52-20.jpg
You can now open Tapfish and verify your work. If it all looks good, let's make some bigger changes.
Step 1: Open RE go back to your work folder, and reopen the 7.db, then store_item
Step 2: Go to the far right column _foodbricktime
Step 3: Edit the top box (small brick) to 1440 (60 days)
You have now made all other Bricks useless. The small brick will now cost your desired amount and last 60 days. So let's clean up the store and remove them.
Step 1: Scroll to the far right. (Second to last column Don't_show_in_store)
Step 2: Edit all the boxes except the top one to 1 (True)
Step 3: Copy the 7.db file and paste back into the system folder.
Step 4: Yes overwrite, exit and verify your work. (The only brick available should be the small)
2012-04-27_15-25-07.jpg
Congratulations!
Next up....Tweaking available fish. (Sold out fish? Not anymore!)
Step 1: In RE navigate to your work folder.
Step 2: Navigate to 5.db then store_item.
I will use the sold out elvis fish for my example.
Step 3: Find the Elvis fish in the list (ID is 4343) click it.
Step 4: Scroll to buy_prices, Edit field so it no longer includes sold out. (Modify the cost if you like)
Step 5: Scroll right Edit the 3 boxes limit_type, Limit_start_time, and limit_no_of_hours. Delete whatever is in the boxes so they are all blank.
Step 6: (optional) Edit the time to adulthood if you wish (in hours), or Modify the description. Make it a premium fish (edit field to read 1)
2012-04-27_10-59-31.jpg
Step 7: Copy the 5.db and paste in the system folder.

Voila! Sold out fish no more.
This method of editing works for items, events, sold out items and more. I will write up further steps. In some cases, such as enabling backgrounds in the store you need to edit the Category and Store_item. Browse around, have fun. Show us what you have done. More to come.

(Old method below) Files have been changed this method is no longer working correctly. (At least not for me)

step1:Install sqlite editor from market.
step2:run it :)
step3:Navigate to Tapfish
Step4:Navigate to Tapfish.sql
step5:Navigate to user
step6:Longpress desired field (coins/bucks/xp)
step7:Click Edit Field
step8:Enter desired amount
Step9:Exit,Run Tapfish,Enjoy the wealth.

Have fun :)

To change growth times and item costs use file explorer (I use es) navigate to data/data/com.bayview.tapfish then download then stores then fisheggs.XML, change purchase amounts, time to adulthood (in hours) sell value, whichever you want for each fish,save file,start game, it's a long process and did cause game instability for me but try if you like :)

Last edited:

kojitabe

Feb 15, 2011
is it safe and working on latest version?
If i flashing a new ROM then install it again,the game will reset or not?
Thanks

Last edited:

odes

Nov 30, 2010
If you are not doing a clean install of a rom (not resetting data) all saved game data remains, if you are installing a rom for the first time a factory reset is recommended. The hack changes your actual user data as if you had achieved it. Should work on any phone with root permission. If newest version is 1.02, then yes works fine and dandy.

Sent from my HD2 Typhoon 3.1.1 mgldr

Last edited:

kojitabe

Feb 15, 2011
Thanks mate,i already install this app and it works.
I just backup using Titanium and recover it after flashing a new ROM.
Now i can try to combine all breed fishes.. :p
Thanks a lot for sharing..

odes

Nov 30, 2010
No problem glad someone is getting some use from it.

Sent from my HD2 Typhoon 3.1.1 mgldr

DCRocks

Oct 4, 2010
Washington DC
Has anyone tried this on version 1.111?

Nothing comes up when I select tapafish from the SQL app

Last edited:

TN Jed

Sep 4, 2011
Any updates to this?
I edited, bucks, coins and experiance but no changes reflected in the game.
IF I go back in to look at the sql file the changes I made show up still.

Thanks

odes

Nov 30, 2010
Should work fine still, did run the game once first before?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium

odes

Nov 30, 2010
If enjoying the game to it's full extent utilizing a loophole is morally unsatisfying to you don't do it. I personally did not enjoy it as much pre-hack, I now play and enjoy it more. It's a matter of opinion.

Reactions: TN Jed

TN Jed

Sep 4, 2011
SQL LIte doesnt work for me either. Nothing comes up when I select tapafish from the SQL app, just black screen and if I tap screen get the not responding msg/force close.

I tried another app "asqlite manager". It finds a tapfish sql file on my sd card, it lets me edit and save it but nothing is reflected in the game.

Is there a way to grab the correct file from the phone, edit it on pc and then restore to the phone? If there is could you please tell me the path to the tapfish sql file and any other info that may help me out.

Thanks
Jed

SL

Mar 25, 2005
1) Your phone must be rooted
2) you must install the root explorer first
3) then install the pkg.apk file (sqlite you get on the original post)

If you install sqlite first....it wont work.
If your phone is not rooted, it wont work.
If you try to edit using the sqlite, it wont work....
Must do it via root explorer

Using the root explorer do the following..

data/data/com.bayview.tapfish/databases/tapfish.sqlite/user

then edit the coins/bucks/ex points.

SQL LIte doesnt work for me either. Nothing comes up when I select tapafish from the SQL app, just black screen and if I tap screen get the not responding msg/force close.

I tried another app "asqlite manager". It finds a tapfish sql file on my sd card, it lets me edit and save it but nothing is reflected in the game.

Is there a way to grab the correct file from the phone, edit it on pc and then restore to the phone? If there is could you please tell me the path to the tapfish sql file and any other info that may help me out.

Thanks
Jed

Last edited:
Reactions: LfcFan1977

odes

Nov 30, 2010
@odes you friggin' rock!! This is awesome especially since the halloween fish are here!! Thanks!

I too enjoyed the new content. Makes it nice never worrying about cost. Glad to see others enjoying it as well.

Sent via my Sensationally Rooted,Rom'd,Modded,Tweaked,ENERGIZED Beast.

LfcFan1977

Nov 7, 2010
[Hack]Any fish/background/plant/or anything

First off, thank you for the money hack.
Secondly, I would like to give something back.
I figured that we can use any images we like without having to extract/decompile the apk.
In /data/data/com.bayview.tapfish/download there are lots of folders containing images. In my 0b99c94 folder is a fish I don't like (images 1.png 2.png 3.png and selected.png) so I replaced the images with 3 images of a submarine with bubble animations. Then in 4a77750 was a rubbish background which I swapped.
Result
kx1Iujd7

I am going to try improving the plants, backgrounds, add new fish and decorations to my collection.
I assume that when people view my tank, it just shows them the original images. Can somebody confirm by checking "LfcFan" tank 4? tyia

EDIT
It appears the images/folders in /data/data/com.bayview.tapfish/download get deleted periodically. I am going to try getting a copy of them but it looks like I will need to start again.

Last edited:

odes

Nov 30, 2010
Checked your tank, negative on sub and background. :( let us know if you work it out.

aicirt17

Jul 2, 2009
Nesbit
www.facebook.com
First off, thank you for the money hack.
Secondly, I would like to give something back.
I figured that we can use any images we like without having to extract/decompile the apk.
In /data/data/com.bayview.tapfish/download there are lots of folders containing images. In my 0b99c94 folder is a fish I don't like (images 1.png 2.png 3.png and selected.png) so I replaced the images with 3 images of a submarine with bubble animations. Then in 4a77750 was a rubbish background which I swapped.
Result
kx1Iujd7

I am going to try improving the plants, backgrounds, add new fish and decorations to my collection.
I assume that when people view my tank, it just shows them the original images. Can somebody confirm by checking "LfcFan" tank 4? tyia

EDIT
It appears the images/folders in /data/data/com.bayview.tapfish/download get deleted periodically. I am going to try getting a copy of them but it looks like I will need to start again.
LfcFan1977, how did you get that background?? I've done the money hack (which makes the game MUCH more enjoyable), but I've been searching and googling for a way to get different backgrounds. Can you give a step-by-step please?

EDIT
By the way, are you using Root Explorer, and if so, how are you viewing the images? I found the right folder (in Download), but can't seem to view images. I tried Astro, ES Image Browser, and Gallery.

Last edited:

LfcFan1977

Nov 7, 2010
Checked your tank, negative on sub and background. :( let us know if you work it out.
I thought that would be the case. Other people will never be able to see our images via the game. We could post screenshots and/or the images we are using.
LfcFan1977, how did you get that background?? I've done the money hack (which makes the game MUCH more enjoyable), but I've been searching and googling for a way to get different backgrounds. Can you give a step-by-step please?

EDIT
By the way, are you using Root Explorer, and if so, how are you viewing the images? I found the right folder (in Download), but can't seem to view images. I tried Astro, ES Image Browser, and Gallery.
I place the new background image (480x320) on my sdcard. Then with SuperManager (which I believe does the same job as Root Explorer) I copy it and navigate to /data/data/com.bayview.tapfish/download. Find a folder containing a background I do not want and paste to replace the original. That image needs to be named "default.png" and you need read/write permission set. It is also a good idea to do the same with a cropped down (50x50) version and named "store.png", that provides a preview when applying in the shop.

The problem I noticed was that some folders/images in /data/data/com.bayview.tapfish/download get deleted. So (I think, after hours of messing about) I have managed to get a copy of all folders and images. With these on my sdcard I can view them easily and replace images I do not want. Then copy the whole folder (eg 1a78039) to /data/data/com.bayview.tapfish/download.

I still need to full test this out because the game appears to lag if every folder and image is in the "download" folder but I had a problem where some of the previews and item images where missing from the store.

*edit*
Lag - Caused by a seperate background process - ok now.
Store previews - Still no luck with those when I replace images. I either get no preview (for fish) or original (for background).
Note - Purchase fish, then replace images.
Note - Fish need to face left else they swim backwards.
download folder - Thought I could see the files in there when navigating with SuperManager but they do not appear - They are there though. Copy folder (eg 1a78039) to sdcard the view correctly.

Anyway, here are all the original folders/images. Sorry it is such a big zip file. download.zip

Hmmm... odd, I can not get this background. Nor can I get a food block to hang off the edge of the screen like that.
VHQ9J3gV

If all goes well I will post some new backgrounds, ornaments, animations, fish, ect, when I can.

BTW, if that tank ^ is yours odes, I can not re-add you as a friend because the username is to long. Tried with two different keyboards but its just to many digits. Odd

Last edited:
Reactions: aicirt17

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New methods found. ROOT REQUIRED. I am in no way responsible for your device, or the feeding of your fish. Alter system files at your own risk(eye protection not necessary). All recommended apps are the sole property of it's developer(Thank you).
    New method:
    Step 1: Find and install Sqlite Editor.
    Step 2: Find and install Root Explorer. ( I found this one to be best)
    Step 3: Open SQL, grant permissions, Let it scan databases, close it.
    Step 4: Open Root Explorer (Will be referenced as RE from here on)
    Step 5: Create 2 folders on your SD card. 1 to keep original files(just in case) a 2nd to modify originals.
    Setup is now complete and your ready to get stuff!
    Changing your user data.
    Step 1: Open RE, Navigate to Data/Data/com.bayview.Tapfish/databases, Click tapfish.sqlite
    2012-04-27_13-54-31.jpg
    Step 2: Go to user, you will now see your current coins and Bucks.
    2012-04-27_13-55-18.jpg
    Step 3: Longpress the desired box. Edit field. Enter the desired amount. Save
    Step 4: Repeat Step 3 for coins, bucks, and level. (you may need to enter a large xp amount for your level to stick.
    You are now finished gaining wealth. Go spend away...or continue reading for more fun.

Before exiting RE let's copy those files.
    Step 1: Navigate up one folder. ( Data/data/com.bayview.tapfish)
    Step 2: Open the download folder, followed by the stores folder. (It is at the very bottom)
    Step 3: Select and copy all .DB files. (If using RE this would be a good time to create a bookmark of this folder.)
    2012-04-27_10-46-19.jpg
    Step 4: Navigate to the root of your SD card, and to the folder you created for backups. Paste there.
    Step 5: Repeat copy and paste to the 2nd folder. (I will refer to it as work folder)
    Now you are set to modify almost anything. Let's get to it.(feel free to explore the databases in the work folder.)
    Modifying Food bricks.
    Step 1: In your "work" folder open 7.db
    Step 2: Open store_item you will see the bricks in order as they appear in the store.
    2012-04-27_10-49-17.jpg
    Step 3: Scroll to buy_prices, and longpress the top box (it reads default,fishbucks,4.00)
    2012-04-27_10-49-37.jpg
    Step 4: Edit that field so it reads default,coins,1.00 then save. (you can modify in any combination you like, default,fishbucks,-20.00 to get paid)
    Step 5: After it is saved back out to the "work" folder so all .db files are visible. (another good time to bookmark.)
    Step 6: Copy the 7.db file you edited and paste it to the data/data.com.bayview.tapfish/download/stores (hopefully you bookmarked it so you can one click)(I will call this the system folder)
    Step 7: Yes overwrite it.
    2012-04-27_10-52-20.jpg
    You can now open Tapfish and verify your work. If it all looks good, let's make some bigger changes.
    Step 1: Open RE go back to your work folder, and reopen the 7.db, then store_item
    Step 2: Go to the far right column _foodbricktime
    Step 3: Edit the top box (small brick) to 1440 (60 days)
    You have now made all other Bricks useless. The small brick will now cost your desired amount and last 60 days. So let's clean up the store and remove them.
    Step 1: Scroll to the far right. (Second to last column Don't_show_in_store)
    Step 2: Edit all the boxes except the top one to 1 (True)
    Step 3: Copy the 7.db file and paste back into the system folder.
    Step 4: Yes overwrite, exit and verify your work. (The only brick available should be the small)
    2012-04-27_15-25-07.jpg
    Congratulations!
    Next up....Tweaking available fish. (Sold out fish? Not anymore!)
    Step 1: In RE navigate to your work folder.
    Step 2: Navigate to 5.db then store_item.
    I will use the sold out elvis fish for my example.
    Step 3: Find the Elvis fish in the list (ID is 4343) click it.
    Step 4: Scroll to buy_prices, Edit field so it no longer includes sold out. (Modify the cost if you like)
    Step 5: Scroll right Edit the 3 boxes limit_type, Limit_start_time, and limit_no_of_hours. Delete whatever is in the boxes so they are all blank.
    Step 6: (optional) Edit the time to adulthood if you wish (in hours), or Modify the description. Make it a premium fish (edit field to read 1)
    2012-04-27_10-59-31.jpg
    Step 7: Copy the 5.db and paste in the system folder.

Voila! Sold out fish no more.
    This method of editing works for items, events, sold out items and more. I will write up further steps. In some cases, such as enabling backgrounds in the store you need to edit the Category and Store_item. Browse around, have fun. Show us what you have done. More to come.

(Old method below) Files have been changed this method is no longer working correctly. (At least not for me)

step1:Install sqlite editor from market.
    step2:run it :)
    step3:Navigate to Tapfish
    Step4:Navigate to Tapfish.sql
    step5:Navigate to user
    step6:Longpress desired field (coins/bucks/xp)
    step7:Click Edit Field
    step8:Enter desired amount
    Step9:Exit,Run Tapfish,Enjoy the wealth.

Have fun :)

To change growth times and item costs use file explorer (I use es) navigate to data/data/com.bayview.tapfish then download then stores then fisheggs.XML, change purchase amounts, time to adulthood (in hours) sell value, whichever you want for each fish,save file,start game, it's a long process and did cause game instability for me but try if you like :)
    If enjoying the game to it's full extent utilizing a loophole is morally unsatisfying to you don't do it. I personally did not enjoy it as much pre-hack, I now play and enjoy it more. It's a matter of opinion.

1) Your phone must be rooted
    2) you must install the root explorer first
    3) then install the pkg.apk file (sqlite you get on the original post)

If you install sqlite first....it wont work.
    If your phone is not rooted, it wont work.
    If you try to edit using the sqlite, it wont work....
    Must do it via root explorer

Using the root explorer do the following..

data/data/com.bayview.tapfish/databases/tapfish.sqlite/user

then edit the coins/bucks/ex points.

Thanks
    Jed
    I thought that would be the case. Other people will never be able to see our images via the game. We could post screenshots and/or the images we are using.

EDIT
    I place the new background image (480x320) on my sdcard. Then with SuperManager (which I believe does the same job as Root Explorer) I copy it and navigate to /data/data/com.bayview.tapfish/download. Find a folder containing a background I do not want and paste to replace the original. That image needs to be named "default.png" and you need read/write permission set. It is also a good idea to do the same with a cropped down (50x50) version and named "store.png", that provides a preview when applying in the shop.

The problem I noticed was that some folders/images in /data/data/com.bayview.tapfish/download get deleted. So (I think, after hours of messing about) I have managed to get a copy of all folders and images. With these on my sdcard I can view them easily and replace images I do not want. Then copy the whole folder (eg 1a78039) to /data/data/com.bayview.tapfish/download.

I still need to full test this out because the game appears to lag if every folder and image is in the "download" folder but I had a problem where some of the previews and item images where missing from the store.

*edit*
    Lag - Caused by a seperate background process - ok now.
    Store previews - Still no luck with those when I replace images. I either get no preview (for fish) or original (for background).
    Note - Purchase fish, then replace images.
    Note - Fish need to face left else they swim backwards.
    download folder - Thought I could see the files in there when navigating with SuperManager but they do not appear - They are there though. Copy folder (eg 1a78039) to sdcard the view correctly.

Anyway, here are all the original folders/images. Sorry it is such a big zip file. download.zip

Hmmm... odd, I can not get this background. Nor can I get a food block to hang off the edge of the screen like that.
    VHQ9J3gV

If all goes well I will post some new backgrounds, ornaments, animations, fish, ect, when I can.

BTW, if that tank ^ is yours odes, I can not re-add you as a friend because the username is to long. Tried with two different keyboards but its just to many digits. Odd
    I am glad everyone is enjoying it. I have yet to have any problems. I do not not recall how many bucks I gave myself, but it is still at max on screen. :)
    It would be nice if someone finds the limited time fish. I did not play for awhile and am missing a lot. I will browse around for them.
    Thanks everyone for keeping the thread going.