Finally, hardware accelerated web browser!

Search This thread

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
i am honest about this and you're not. You're just making **** loads of excuses from saying the sgs2 is laggy (video shows its not to now losing out and calling me a fanboy) That is what makes you a idiotic fanboy.

I am waiting for improvements and would rely on a official galaxy nexus Rom rather than cm9 on sgs2.

Edit: nope SGS2 browsers does not have motion blur effect on it (bull**** about actually using a demo the sgs2 AGAIN).
Its just skiing on snow as a pose to a skate park
Once again, i would be judging with by friends nexus.
Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Somebody in the thread mentioned motion blur in gs2. Why don't you get a gnex before coming back here. Or at least change your sig. I am going to paraphrase adynalyne.

Kettle meet pot.

bow chicka wow wow.

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
i am honest about this and you're not. You're just making **** loads of excuses from saying the sgs2 is laggy (video shows its not to now losing out and calling me a fanboy) That is what makes you a idiotic fanboy.

I am waiting for improvements and would rely on a official galaxy nexus Rom rather than cm9 on sgs2.

Edit: nope SGS2 browsers does not have motion blur effect on it (bull**** about actually using a demo the sgs2 AGAIN).

You started with the fanboy comments. You are just solidifying your position as a GS2 fanboy every insult you make.

So, let me get this straight....you haven't even tested a gnex yet and bashing it? Wow.

You have a little GS2 running down your chin. Want a tissue?

sert00

May 28, 2011
cesena,IT
"And I've played with gs2's that were choppy as hell in browser and maps", clearly you haven't even touched a Galaxy S2 in person and made bull**** up to back up AOSP which is why Android is still rather unoptimised.
We need people to be honest and google to fix lag issues for future builds.

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

Its not with the GPU, SGS also has the same GPU as the Galaxy Nexus but at a lower clock speed. The once in a while lag is very annoying and what many of us hate is how android zooms in "level by level"

Here is what I mean by "micro lag", when flickering down a page on Galaxy Nexus there is visible "jitterlyness" and google needs to fix this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVn-u7MbB3E

my brother has a gs2.tweaked with custom rom,oc etc.the browser experience isn't good as my nexus,with 4.04 update,aosp based rom and a oc kernel i eat my bro in browser surfing at all (speed\pinch to zoom\scrolling\page rendering)notice that he has also ics with quick ics browser app from market same as mine (not tried with chrome or others)
tried that with quick ics browser and stock.

Reactions: adrynalyne

randomnameftw

Feb 2, 2012
LOL at bashing a phone you've never owned. I use to own a gs2,
which is a good phone but it has it's limitations. This phone (the nexus)
has been flawless for me to the point it's getting boring. No problems,
no lag, just straight buttery smoothness. Stock ICS 4.0.4 has made it
even better to me.

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
LOL at bashing a phone you've never owned. I use to own a gs2,
which is a good phone but it has it's limitations. This phone (the nexus)
has been flawless for me to the point it's getting boring. No problems,
no lag, just straight buttery smoothness. Stock ICS 4.0.4 has made it
even better to me.

I heard that. Finally tried a few things yesterday. Restored my nandroid backup. Phone is so good it kind of is boring in a way.

bow chicka wow wow.

vikas776

Jul 16, 2010
Well sorry to disappoint. No special effects or firecrackers here. My phone is smooth. Doesn't SEEM smooth, it IS smooth. I would tell any curious gs2 or iPhone owner to see how far android has come with a 4.0.4 update. Everything got smoother from running .2 and 384mhz gpu to .4 and 307. No over clocks whatsoever and -200mv or more under volts. Still smooth. And I've played with gs2's that were choppy as hell in browser and maps. Off a fresh boot. But for the most part they usually aren't like that. Anyways, I am going to go start the galaxy nexus challenge. Winners get jelly beans.

bow chicka wow wow.

i can guarantee that u never touched any SGS2 phone........................

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
i can guarantee that u never touched any SGS2 phone........................

You're right. Must've been a gs me 2. Funny. All the gs2 fan boys that come to the gnex forums and get their feelings hurts when a lesser hardware phone 1ups their "better" phone. How is that sound chip doing in gs2? Prolly about as good as my external SD card. :rolleyes:

bow chicka wow wow.

SirRomie

Jul 11, 2011
I am on 4.0.1 still and have just come from a gs2. My browser is laggy as **** with flash enabled... this is one of the only reasons that I miss my other phone. I am new to this forum but can someone maybe give me some advice as to maybe force an update or flash it to my phone? All this waiting is annoying me. Also if I flash firmware to my phone will I still be able to get ota updates?

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
I am on 4.0.1 still and have just come from a gs2. My browser is laggy as **** with flash enabled... this is one of the only reasons that I miss my other phone. I am new to this forum but can someone maybe give me some advice as to maybe force an update or flash it to my phone? All this waiting is annoying me. Also if I flash firmware to my phone will I still be able to get ota updates?

Download the 4.0.4 image and flash to your phone. As far as getting updates, probably not. Depends if you run completely stock or flash other radios and kernels. Get .4 on your phone asap if you want smoothness.

bow chicka wow wow.

SirRomie

Jul 11, 2011
Download the 4.0.4 image and flash to your phone. As far as getting updates, probably not. Depends if you run completely stock or flash other radios and kernels. Get .4 on your phone asap if you want smoothness.

bow chicka wow wow.

Thanks for the reply. I have looked into that a bit, but I don't want to have to wipe my device and not be able to get ota updates. Is being stuck on 4.0.1 common? I don't really understand how so many people are on 4.0.4 already before I even get my first update.

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
I am surprised you haven't got at least a .2 ota. Not everybody got .4 ota. And afaik, nobody is getting .4 ota right now. All I can say is back up your important data. Unlocking boot loader completely wipes phone. No way around that. But just do it. If any data is that important you should know how to or have the desire to back it up anyways.

bow chicka wow wow.

SirRomie

Jul 11, 2011
I am surprised you haven't got at least a .2 ota. Not everybody got .4 ota. And afaik, nobody is getting .4 ota right now. All I can say is back up your important data. Unlocking boot loader completely wipes phone. No way around that. But just do it. If any data is that important you should know how to or have the desire to back it up anyways.

bow chicka wow wow.

I just want some guarantee that I will get it. It just seems strange to me that a new nexus phone is stuck on an older version of android than my s2.

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
Rumor is Google stopped pushing ota .4 cuz of radio issues. It would seem most on xda manually flashed it anyways. Right now that is the only way to get it. It was a bigger upgrade from .2 to .4 than .1 to .2. Some people, including myself are basically saying .4 is so good that nexus is getting boring. Even rom flashers. It really is that smooth. And with the radio issue, there are two good workarounds. One comes at cost of battery. The other just requires terminal emulator.

bow chicka wow wow.

RogerPodacter

Apr 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks for the reply. I have looked into that a bit, but I don't want to have to wipe my device and not be able to get ota updates. Is being stuck on 4.0.1 common? I don't really understand how so many people are on 4.0.4 already before I even get my first update.

Purposely not rooting is a huge mistake. Rooted users always get the update the same day its released by just flashing it manually. And I don't know why everybody thinks they won't get the update if rooted. You still get the notification no matter what. Being rooted just gives you a thousand more ways to get it rather than sitting around like you are now out of the party.

Reactions: sert00

The_other_ray

Sep 7, 2010
Purposely not rooting is a huge mistake. Rooted users always get the update the same day its released by just flashing it manually. And I don't know why everybody thinks they won't get the update if rooted. You still get the notification no matter what. Being rooted just gives you a thousand more ways to get it rather than sitting around like you are now out of the party.

I'm on 4.0.2 rooted on stock. My only concern with manually updating is I don't want to have to reinstall all my apps and lose my game data as well. Is there a way for me to update without losing all my hard earned game saves?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Mawdo

Jan 2, 2011
Olesa de Montserrat,Barcelona
I just want some guarantee that I will get it. It just seems strange to me that a new nexus phone is stuck on an older version of android than my s2.

download the factory image from here http://code.google.com/intl/es/android/nexus/images.html#yakju and flash it with this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1392310 , you will get feature updates from Google but the problem's : once you know how to flash factory image you will never wait for OTA update:p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nice, very nice :) Finally, full hardware accelerated web browser!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTpf0J5vfMs

Head to 50 seconds ...

Happy .. Happy .. Happy ..

I can now ditched Opera Mobile .
    Honestly, everyone will say that their phone is faster "my 600mhz android 1.6 phone takes 20 seconds is faster that your 1.5 ghz quad core HTC one x loading the same app in 2 seconds". Tbh here everyone is a fanboy and fanboy like you defend their phone like a mother protecting a child.
    And no, you should stop being a fanboy unless you have replaced your pair of eyes with 15fps shooters.

or if you were being sarcastic, its an exception

You call people fanboys, and yet act like a a GS2 fanboy.

pot, meet kettle.

You started with the fanboy comments. You are just solidifying your position as a GS2 fanboy every insult you make.

So, let me get this straight....you haven't even tested a gnex yet and bashing it? Wow.

You have a little GS2 running down your chin. Want a tissue?
    Well sorry to disappoint. No special effects or firecrackers here. My phone is smooth. Doesn't SEEM smooth, it IS smooth. I would tell any curious gs2 or iPhone owner to see how far android has come with a 4.0.4 update. Everything got smoother from running .2 and 384mhz gpu to .4 and 307. No over clocks whatsoever and -200mv or more under volts. Still smooth. And I've played with gs2's that were choppy as hell in browser and maps. Off a fresh boot. But for the most part they usually aren't like that. Anyways, I am going to go start the galaxy nexus challenge. Winners get jelly beans.

bow chicka wow wow.

"And I've played with gs2's that were choppy as hell in browser and maps", clearly you haven't even touched a Galaxy S2 in person and made bull**** up to back up AOSP which is why Android is still rather unoptimised.

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

I've had both but I'm really not seeing much of a difference. I'm not getting lag when pinch and zooming. Once in a while, yes. But for example this forum web page, nexus general, is smooth as can be scrolling and zooming. But I agree the sgs2 gpu was a better chip and prob smoother overall. But I can't see much of a difference in performance smoothness honestly.

Its not with the GPU, SGS also has the same GPU as the Galaxy Nexus but at a lower clock speed. The once in a while lag is very annoying and what many of us hate is how android zooms in "level by level"

Here is what I mean by "micro lag", when flickering down a page on Galaxy Nexus there is visible "jitterlyness" and google needs to fix this.

my brother has a gs2.tweaked with custom rom,oc etc.the browser experience isn't good as my nexus,with 4.04 update,aosp based rom and a oc kernel i eat my bro in browser surfing at all (speed\pinch to zoom\scrolling\page rendering)notice that he has also ics with quick ics browser app from market same as mine (not tried with chrome or others)
    tried that with quick ics browser and stock.