[HELP]ZTE Blade with Cyanogen Mod 7.1

Search This thread

bakas666

Jan 2, 2012
Pireus
reflashed everything from scratch...this time its ok...it seems that everything on blade has to be done twice to work xD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I dont really understand which one i should install or what these numbers mean...which one will make my phone less laggy in games? data or system?

Sent from somewhere with big effort

It wont make any difference to speed at all. You can choose from either Gen2 v2a, or Gen2 stock, none of the others will work for you. Either version will unlock the 512mb ram. The only difference is how the storage space is partitioned.

You want the gen2 v2a version for CyanogenMod 7, or the gen2 stock version if you ever want to install CyanogenMod 9.

They will wipe your phone. You should backup in clockworkmod first & then restore from clockworkmod afterwards. There is a small risk of bricking your phone, especially if you do it wrong, so read all the instructions.

System is where the rom is, if it's smaller than the rom that you want to use then it wont work. Data is where your apps & their saved data are.

Cache is only used for market downloads, most custom roms will redirect that to somewhere else, so you don't need much cache because it never gets used.

If you use the v2a version you'll have more room to install apps, but CyanogenMod 9 & other ICS roms won't work, because they're too big for the small system size.

If you go for the stock gen2 then you'll have the same space available for apps as you do now. Apps2Ext is a better way to get more room to install apps, download Simple2Ext from Google Play to get it working on CyanogenMod 7.

This is all assuming your Greek Blade was sold to you with Android 2.2. If it was sold to you second hand with CyanogenMod 7 installed, then it's likely that somebody else has already done it & you don't need to because you already have 512mb ram unlocked. If the Gen2 TPTs from Amphoras' page don't do anything, then it's almost certainly already been done.

Make sure that you really don't have over 256mb, download 'Android System Info', look under RAM, at the Max, if it's about 420MB, then you don't need to do anything, you've already got 512mb ram enabled.
    wow wbaw....that was really helpfull...so i have gen2 ,not the 512 ram...
    now...if i follow the guide and unlock more space...i will have to first backup cyanogen7 with clockwork and after i unlock the memory,i restore again through clockwork,and ill have 512 AND cyanogen7?
    Also if i want to install cm9 which one you suggest?
    i know it is personal choise which rom to install but i need a starting point

Sent from my Blade using XDA

As of now coldfusionx is the favorite. It had camera issues but saaransh recently posted a camera fix
    thnx a lot...and wat is the max cpu freq. i can set?

Sent from my Blade using XDA

you have to test it using setcpu whith governor at performance and try all frequences by incresing step by step

Send from my ZTE Blade!