[ROM / Wi-Fi][7/8] - CleanROM 2.0 -★| UBLA1 Base! | Fast! | Stable! | Clean! |★

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

samcintron

Jul 12, 2010
fresh install working fine for me...cwm only use the 4 something version..
now i m running it without any problems...try fresh install...:highfive:

Thanks, I had downgraded to 5.4 but not to 4.x. Might give that a shot as I can't flash a single ROM yet!! But I'm also tempted to wait out the official ICS release from Samsung due this/next month :D

Vzqsmooth56

Jun 21, 2010
i would like to let you guys know that i jsut got rid of my icrap after getting it as a gift, although i thank the person who gave it to me i traded it for a galaxy tab 10.1. hardcore android fan, and this will be the first rom i install on it.

hopefully it all goes good as it has great reviews:)

dont want to flash ics roms as they lack things, ill just wait for the official update and the roms are sure to pour in:)

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
i would like to let you guys know that i jsut got rid of my icrap after getting it as a gift, although i thank the person who gave it to me i traded it for a galaxy tab 10.1. hardcore android fan, and this will be the first rom i install on it.

hopefully it all goes good as it has great reviews:)

dont want to flash ics roms as they lack things, ill just wait for the official update and the roms are sure to pour in:)

I hope it works out for you!

I am actually working on version 2.0 which incorporates the Feb 12 Brazil build. It seems a little peppier to me than the Dec 11 US Build.

WTFunk

Oct 16, 2010
New York
OMG. Had no idea you had a tab rom too scrosler. Don't release a new rom please. You already gave me a mean flashitis with the one x.

I'm supposed to trade my tab for a nexus 7 and just ride stock. Please don't worsen my itis or force me to stick with flashing my tab too. My wife won't like you much if i go back to flashing my tab, I'd always forget to restore Netflix for her.

Scott

OMG. Had no idea you had a tab rom too scrosler. Don't release a new rom please. You already gave me a mean flashitis with the one x.

I'm supposed to trade my tab for a nexus 7 and just ride stock. Please don't worsen my itis or force me to stick with flashing my tab too. My wife won't like you much if i go back to flashing my tab, I'd always forget to restore Netflix for her.

I dont think you realize I have a whole bunch devices running CleanROM Do you, lol

I retired some though!

Might want to take a look: http://xdaforums.com/search.php?searchid=40817477

Scott

Introducing CleanROM 2.0!

CR2-GT.png

about-blue.png

• CleanROM was designed to be a cleaned up Samsung Stock ROM with some performance enhancements!
  • ROM is odexed and based on firmware version P7510UBLA1.7510ZTOLB1_ZTO Brazil!
  • ROM is Multi-Language!
  • Apps are up to date as of 7/8/2012.

features-blue.png

• Fast, Smooth, and Stable. Just like you expect from CleanROM!
  • Removed Most Samsung bloat apps!
  • Go Launcher HD
  • File Manager HD
  • Fully Odex
  • Zip Aligned

changes-blue.png

Version 2.0 - 7/8/2012
  • Complete rebuild on P7510UBLA1.7510ZTOLB1_ZTO Brazil Firmware
  • ROM is now completely ODEXED for the smoothest experience possible!
  • Removed: APM for now until I rebuild it on new base!
  • Changed: Launcher to Go Launcher HD
  • Removed: Fast Reboot
  • Complete Change Log: CleanROM Change Log

If you like this ROM please consider making a donation to encourage future development :)
Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars :)

Thanks!

-Scott

madcheeku

Mar 2, 2007
Just installed the ROM and it works very smoothly. The only thing missing is the ability to set the UA string in the browser. I always use the browser in desktop mode. I have it set using about:debug but i believe that is just temp.

Can you add the ability to set it permanently?

loneBoat

Apr 27, 2007
Wow Scott, you do Galaxy ROMs, too?

Any chance this would work on the 8.9" series? I've heard they're very similar.

Scott

Just installed the ROM and it works very smoothly. The only thing missing is the ability to set the UA string in the browser. I always use the browser in desktop mode. I have it set using about:debug but i believe that is just temp.

Can you add the ability to set it permanently?

I dont like it either... Do know what line of code changes that?

Wow Scott, you do Galaxy ROMs, too?

Any chance this would work on the 8.9" series? I've heard they're very similar.
Yep, and I just went and got a Gal Tab 2 7" today. About to head over to those forums and get me some root and make me a CleanROM :victory:

I am now stuck between waiting for ICS or flashing this.

i am now in exactly the same dilemma, though we both know now it's in our head we'll flash this soon enough!

I got so tired of waiting to ICS I just went and bought a new Tab 2. Yea yeah, I know thats exactly what Samsung wanted me to do! I know! But... Damn... Its Sexy!

Scott

Not sure how that is done but I had the Galaxy Task 14 ROM before this and that had the ability to set the UA string permanently.

Galaxy Tasks uses a non Samsung Browser. I am using the Samsung browser. It seems to me a little faster.

I will decompile the browser and see what I can figure out.

But right now.... Its Root time for this new Tab 2!

Jay Rock

Sep 27, 2011
San Diego
Since it'll be about a month before we (hopefully) receive ICS, I'll go ahead and flash this. But if this is a build for Brazil, will it have any effect on any other apps or something? Or am I just crazy.

Scott

Since it'll be about a month before we (hopefully) receive ICS, I'll go ahead and flash this. But if this is a build for Brazil, will it have any effect on any other apps or something? Or am I just crazy.

All my apps worked fine. If you have that concern then make sure you do a nandroid back up first!

I did default the language and regional settings to english_us but it does retail all other languages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM / Wi-Fi][7/8] - CleanROM 2.0 -★| UBLA1 Base! | Fast! | Stable! | Clean! |★

CR2-GT.png

about-blue.png

• CleanROM was designed to be a cleaned up Samsung Stock ROM with some performance enhancements!
    • ROM is Multi-Language!

features-blue.png

• Go Launcher HD
    • File Manager HD
    • Fully Odex
    • Zip Aligned

changes-blue.png

Version 2.0 - 7/8/2012

prerequisites-blue.png

installation-blue.png

• Place ROM on SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Wipe all data / Factory reset!
    • Flash ROM
    • Profit!

md5-blue.png

55EC83E9943B76E0C954AEF8D187B208

XDA App and Tapatalk Users can download HERE
    You must set your Mobile Browser set to desktop view!

If you like this ROM please consider making a donation to encourage future development :)

themes.png

None at this time due to ROM being Odexed for performance!!!
    Introducing CleanROM 2.0!

CR2-GT.png

about-blue.png

• ROM is Multi-Language!

features-blue.png

• Go Launcher HD
    • File Manager HD
    • Fully Odex
    • Zip Aligned

changes-blue.png

Version 2.0 - 7/8/2012

Thanks!

-Scott
    @scosler

Hey bro. nice to have you here! noticed you have a 02sysctl in your init.d. figured if you wanted a config for it i'd throw it at ya. its what i use in my roms and seems to work pretty good. i've attached to this post for you. just throw it in system/ect. also, if you want the extended power menu build into your rom (no quickboot app) just let me know and i'll edit the framework for ya.
    CleanROM 1.1 is now available!

CleanROM 1.1 is now available!

CleanROM1_GT-P7510-3.jpg

changes.png

Changes in version 1.1 - 2/10/2012

Kernel: pershoot Kernel 2.6.36.4 - OC-VFPv3-d16_FP 1.4GHZ
    Reworked: Framework and SystemUI to give closer to AOSP look. Its a WIP and may have some minor issues.
    Added: Stock Touchwiz Theme to SD Card for those who prefer it
    Added: Performance and battery tweaks
    Added: Antutu CPU Master
    Added: Xoom Browser
    Added: File Manager HD
    Updated: Swype 3.25.91.34889
    Removed: Power on and power off sounds
    Removed: ES File Explorer

Complete Change Log: CleanROM Change Log

Please hit the Thanks button if you like this offering. Hit the Donate button if you really like it :)