[ROM][PORT][JB] XenonMOD v2.01 | Stability Achieved | Stock Enhanced

Search This thread

climbatiz3

Sep 29, 2010
Im sorry if i make same posting in different thread. Because this case happen when i using both of rom.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

climbatiz3

Sep 29, 2010
If you are using the Siyah-i777 kernel then you really need to update to the latest version, v7.3 - as this fixes a charging bug that could well be what you are describing.

Thanks for the advise. Will try your new kernel and let you know the result.:)

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

pafel9

Jan 11, 2009
Wroclaw
Could someone tell me if this rom has video call functionality? I mean option for this in contacts, dialer and so on. And if works video and voice? I'm using now another rom, but i have only video without sound. Thanks a lot for this informations!

Jan 31, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Video Player Not working

Video Player is still force closing, I'm running the R1 version. Wasnt that suppose to have the fix in it? Also wiped cache in recovery. No luck..

Any suggestions..?

asderxsdxcv

Jul 7, 2012

txnolesfan93

Nov 19, 2011
corpus christi,tx
Well I was on xenon v2.01 / ajk v1.6 then I cloned to 2nd rom in recovery.. then I wiped data/cache/dalvik and installed captivating rom 4.2.2 then reflashed ajk v1.6 and everything started up fine in captivating rom and recovery showed I had a second rom which was xenon. Went to recovery and primary rom loaded fine (captivating) but loading secondary (xenon) got stuck on samsung screen loop.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Another thing on this rom.. I can not get edit in multi window to work. I tried killing app in tb and then going to app manager and clearing data and disabling then enabling but it does nothing. Anything im missing on that?

asderxsdxcv

Jul 7, 2012
Well I was on xenon v2.01 / ajk v1.6 then I cloned to 2nd rom in recovery.. then I wiped data/cache/dalvik and installed captivating rom 4.2.2 then reflashed ajk v1.6 and everything started up fine in captivating rom and recovery showed I had a second rom which was xenon. Went to recovery and primary rom loaded fine (captivating) but loading secondary (xenon) got stuck on samsung screen loop.

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Another thing on this rom.. I can not get edit in multi window to work. I tried killing app in tb and then going to app manager and clearing data and disabling then enabling but it does nothing. Anything im missing on that?

You cant dual boot Sammy base roms

somethingnoob

Mar 19, 2013
crestview
i tried this rom on my s2 and nice i must say but now o know its just for exspreamints but the s voice crashes im not sure if its cuz i use the wrong dl or what but ill give the r1 a try and see if its better btw how do i get the jeboo kernal

Taimur Akmal

Jan 10, 2012
Lahore
cosmicnotion.com
i tried this rom on my s2 and nice i must say but now o know its just for exspreamints but the s voice crashes im not sure if its cuz i use the wrong dl or what but ill give the r1 a try and see if its better btw how do i get the jeboo kernal

The S-Voice is experimental. Haven't really got the chance to update the thread as I don't have the device and I am preparing for exams. You can get Jeboo Kernel by going to his thread. You should read the previous posts by other people and see what worked for them as every Kernel has different tweaks and it may not respond well to this ROM.

tsmith154

May 27, 2010
philadelphia
USB Debugging problem -connection to computer

I loaded this rom and set it up the way I like it. Everything is great. :good:

But just now I went to connect it to my computer using the stock USB cable, tried multiple USB port, USB utilities, and researched some online with no luck. "USB device not recognized."

So far all other Roms I have no problem with the USB cable and my computer.

Does anyone have any thoughts? I must be missing something simple.

Well, I flashed some roms that did work with the USB connection to my computer. Nothing works. What?

I did a system restore on my computer. No fix.

I cleaned up my old unused drivers on my computer and all the Samsung drivers to do a reinstall. No fix.

Ok, what did I do...

Found my problem. I broke my USB phone jack. I hooked it up to charge and the phone was still discharging. Time to rip the phone apart and clean / look for a broken solder joint. BUMMER!...

Last edited:

Rookie407

Dec 7, 2011
Clinton
The S-Voice is experimental. Haven't really got the chance to update the thread as I don't have the device and I am preparing for exams. You can get Jeboo Kernel by going to his thread. You should read the previous posts by other people and see what worked for them as every Kernel has different tweaks and it may not respond well to this ROM.

I downloaded the r1 version of this ROM and I love it more then shostock3! My only complaint is that I noticed the apps in the change log that where "removed" are still in the /system/app folder even though they don't show up in the application manager list. Please look into this. Also I know its supposed to be enhanced stock but is it possible to add halo support in the next version?

SteveMurphy

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 22, 2012
Atlanta
I downloaded the r1 version of this ROM and I love it more then shostock3! My only complaint is that I noticed the apps in the change log that where "removed" are still in the /system/app folder even though they don't show up in the application manager list. Please look into this. Also I know its supposed to be enhanced stock but is it possible to add halo support in the next version?

This rom is no longer in development, if you need/want newer features I'm afraid you'll have to switch roms.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So by the humble request of erad1 I decided to port my XenonMOD to AT&T Galaxy S 2(i777). The original thread to the i9100 development thread is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2056052

xlogofull1.png

Don't want stupid themes? Don't want the laggy Touchwiz? Try XenonMOD! Once you take this pill you would never go back to stock. ;)

Screenshots in 2nd Post.

i777 Port specific Features:

V2.00.01 Revision1:
    -Apps Removed:
    Drobox.apk
    DropboxOOBE.ak
    -Apps Added:
    4.2 Gallery
    Updated to latest v6.0.4 Siyah Kernel by AJ Newkirk
    V2.00.01:
    -Apps Removed:
    YahoonewsDaemon
    YahoonewsWidget
    YahoostockDaemon
    YahoostockWidget
    MusicGoogle
    Siyah Kernel Provided by AJ Newkirk

Features:

Version 2.00.00
    • Deodexed, Rooted & Zipaligned
    • Translucent Stock Theme provided by rocky183ya
    • No Home Button Lag
    • Extended 4 way reboot
    • Extended Notification Panel
    • Multi-Window
    • Added shutter sound options to Camera
    • Speed enhancements
    • Battery time enhancements
    • Call Recording added
    • Ripple Effect on Lock Screen
    • Unlimited SMS recipient list
    • No SMS to MMS convert
    • Automatic SMS encoding
    • Extended Stock Status bar
    • Disabled scrolling cache
    • Enabled check spelling
    • Large APN list
    • No incremental ringtone
    • Enabled Sensor aiding for fast GPS lock & better battery life
    • 4 Shortcuts on the Lockscreen
    • Clean build.prop for best Market compatibility
    • Kies support
    • Call Button on Contacts List
    • Swapped Call and Video buttons on the Dialer
    • Replaced Video Call button with Message button
    • “Official” Status on Settings menu
    • Hacked Email App
    • Unlimited Wifi AP clients
    • Unlimited Contact joining
    '

Changelog:
    V2.00.01:

• Removed Translucent Theme (Fixed the bootloop issue when wipe before flash)
    • S-Voice Added. (Some bugs persist)
    • Stock Browser Requests Desktop site as Default
    • Added Browser Kill Button
    • Dialer search matches numbers in contacts and call logs
    • Android 4.2 apps added:
    • -Calendar
    • -Android 4.2 Keyboard with new gestures.
    • -Google Play Store version 3.9.17
    • -Added New System Sounds + Ringtones from 4.2
    • -New Clock.
    • Updated Xenon Version in About Device Menu

V2:

Intial Release.

Any requests? Leave them down or PM me or follow me on Twitter @TaimurAkmal

Don't forget to Thank me by pressing the bottom right button on each of my posts. I don't charge money for any of my hard work so a Thanks would be a nice feedback. :)

Follow me on Twitter: @TaimurAkmal

Download Links:
    XenonMOD v2.00.01 R1 Dev-Host
    XenonMOD v2.00.01 : Dev-Host

How to install:
    • Put Zip into SD-Card/Phone Storage
    • Reboot into CWM Recovery.
    • Don't wipe if coming from 4.0.4 or higher but if coming from any other please do full wipe.
    • Choose zip from card.
    • Flash it.
    • Reboot.
    • Voila!

Credits:
    erad1 for being an awesome tester and helping me overall with this build. :)
    AJ Newkirk for providing me his kernel, testing it, providing tips and being an awesome dev here at i777 threads. :)
    ^These guys deserve a Thanks as much as I do so don't forget to support them. :)

All the People who would leave me a thanks and use this awesome ROM. ;)
    Thanks for posting this ROM!

New open-beta kernel version posted in my dev-host folder.

I recommend that all current Siyah v6.x testers update to v6.0.5 .
    Yes Xam, he removed the gallery. You'll have to install a third party app. Also to the developer, it says in the OP there are screen shots in the second post. But there's no screen shots. Just a heads up.

A revision would be out soon, maybe later today or tomorrow addressing the fixes for the Home button not working and also the missing gallery plus the Video Player. The experience on posting a ROM on a device you don't have is tottaly different so guys please bear with me as I turn the OP+ROM to perfection. Just came back from giving a exam so once again please wait and as long as you are waiting, press the mighty Thanks button and rate the thread. Super Thanks to all. :D :highfive:

EDIT: Updated the changelog, will add more items in the changelog when v2.00.01 R1 is up. Screenshots are also coming. :D
    Screenshots:

sc1sw.png
    sc2n.png

sc3n.png
    sc4w.png

Provided by: erad1
    This ROM has been outstanding...gotta give it to Samsung on this XXLSJ base. They got it right and Taimur's version is just rock solid. Fast, great battery and feature filled for a stock ROM. Stable Jellybean is by far and without a doubt the best Android OS yet. If you haven't yet...try this Xenon version and see for yourself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium