Flashcast build updated through google

Search This thread

dyslecix

Apr 22, 2012
Hi.. When I first got my chromecast I immediately flashed it with flashcast.. I didn't check updates/roms after doing this, so I have used the chromecast flashed with flashcast several times, and it has updated itself.. When I look at the Chromecast build in my IOS app it shows as 13330 or something. Now, my question is... can I still update the Flashcast software to the latest version, and put a rom on it? Is there anything I can do with the chromecast with it being updated, etc.. thank you for help.

smartphoneguy

May 12, 2008
Hi.. When I first got my chromecast I immediately flashed it with flashcast.. I didn't check updates/roms after doing this, so I have used the chromecast flashed with flashcast several times, and it has updated itself.. When I look at the Chromecast build in my IOS app it shows as 13330 or something. Now, my question is... can I still update the Flashcast software to the latest version, and put a rom on it? Is there anything I can do with the chromecast with it being updated, etc.. thank you for help.
Flashcast itself is just a tool that (once setup using the Chromecast) can be used to flash a custom ROM. Flashcast itself is not a ROM and does not root your Chromecast or prevent it from updating. Do you know what ROM you initially flashed using Flashcast? If you did not actually take the next step of using Flashcast to flash a rooted, no-update ROM, then it is not currently possible to root your updated Chromecast or flash a custom ROM. (If you are still on 13300, that does make me wonder if you might have installed a custom ROM because Google has released 2 newer builds OTA since 13300 that you should have received by now if the CC is connected to the Internet.)

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
Flashcast was/is the first of two steps and the second was to install the ROM which roots the CC. It won't accept a Google update then. If you did both steps your good but if you only did the first step your stuck. I'm guessing that you did both steps as your CC would have the latest Google build by now.

dyslecix

Apr 22, 2012
Well, when I plug my chrome cast in the TV and it boots, it does show a google chrome icon with a 'pwned' in red next to it, but I am not sure if that is from when I just tried to add Eureka Rom to chromecast today. Is there anyway to check whether I have a ROM installed on the chromecast for sure? I did try logging into the web ui thing that I believe is a feature of this rom, and it does not seem to work.

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
Well, when I plug my chrome cast in the TV and it boots, it does show a google chrome icon with a 'pwned' in red next to it, but I am not sure if that is from when I just tried to add Eureka Rom to chromecast today. Is there anyway to check whether I have a ROM installed on the chromecast for sure? I did try logging into the web ui thing that I believe is a feature of this rom, and it does not seem to work.
Depends how long ago you flashed the ROM. The current ROM with the Web Panel was released just before Xmas.

ddggttff3

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2009
Minnesota

Yeah, if it says PWNED that means you are using my old PwnedCast ROM, which was before Eureka-ROM was released. if you leave the device on for 10~ minutes, it should check for an update from the team server, and self-update to the latest Eureka-ROM Release, unless you disabled the OTA service. In that case, you will have to flash Eureka-ROM manually using the latest flashcast, and a jump drive.

third son

May 1, 2011
Kzoo
Yeah, if it says PWNED that means you are using my old PwnedCast ROM, which was before Eureka-ROM was released. if you leave the device on for 10~ minutes, it should check for an update from the team server, and self-update to the latest Eureka-ROM Release, unless you disabled the OTA service. In that case, you will have to flash Eureka-ROM manually using the latest flashcast, and a jump drive.

Is the latest Eureka build 14975?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts