[Q] battery usage in 4.3 samsung based roms

Search This thread

pulley06

Apr 23, 2012
Indianapolis
My issue with Samsung 4,3 based roms is this:

Badass battery monitor always shows kernel on top of my battery usage charts. Normally on 4.1.2 based roms the kernel would run for about 12-15 minutes over the course of battery being used form 100 to about 10 % but on 4.3 on the same usage kernel is runnning for close to an hour. Also Android OS always tops my battery drainage charts irrespective of what kernel plus rom I use.

With the same set of apps I had pretty good battery life on 4.1.2 but not so good on 4.3.

BBS also does not show any weird behavior.

Any pointers as to how I can prevent kernel usage from being so high?

amirTor

Jan 18, 2014
My issue with Samsung 4,3 based roms is this:

Badass battery monitor always shows kernel on top of my battery usage charts. Normally on 4.1.2 based roms the kernel would run for about 12-15 minutes over the course of battery being used form 100 to about 10 % but on 4.3 on the same usage kernel is runnning for close to an hour. Also Android OS always tops my battery drainage charts irrespective of what kernel plus rom I use.

With the same set of apps I had pretty good battery life on 4.1.2 but not so good on 4.3.

BBS also does not show any weird behavior.

Any pointers as to how I can prevent kernel usage from being so high?

First of all- what build versions / kernels did you use? I'm running Neatrom's NA5 version with stock kernel and it seems to have the best battery life i've ever seen (even compared to 4.1.2 roms) (it can be better using Boeffla kernel, but for me its more than enough)

Second- try to set off 'Scanning always available' in wifi settings, and look for 'location settings' in Google Settings app- they cause a huge battery usage

Last edited:

pulley06

Apr 23, 2012
Indianapolis
First of all- what build versions / kernels did you use? I'm running Neatrom's NA5 version with stock kernel and it seems to have the best battery life i've ever seen (even compared to 4.1.2 roms) (it can be better using Boeffla kernel, but for me its more than enough)

Second- try to set off 'Scanning always available' in wifi settings, and look for 'location settings' in Google Settings app- they cause a huge battery usage
I used omega v54/55 as well as the last 2 versions of neat rom. Currently using the NA5 one. On Stock kernel. Tried boeffla as well.

Wifi Scanning off. and no location services as well.

pulley06

Apr 23, 2012
Indianapolis
Screen shot attached

Sent from a galaxy far away

Attachments

• 1391674904118.jpg
    1391674904118.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 44

Andr3y29

Jan 31, 2013
Buzau
This may look like a silly question, but you have playing around with ROMs istalling few daily, or you've let them settle. I used to change them few times/hour, but now I am really happy with SmartDroid Lite v5 (ex ZDroid). It really is a difference compared to when I instlled it 3 days ago. First, it was like 7-10% dropped in the first night. Last night I got to bet with 43% (23PM) and woke up with 43% (8AM). I never believed the others when they said that. BTW, I am using latest AGNi Stock 3.5.1 kernel.