Skyfire for Android (Beta)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

GODZSON

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 2, 2007
Boynton Beach
Here is a beta for Skyfire: Android does not have flash, it wudve been nice though, Enjoy!

Skyfire is a downloadable, free mobile browser that gives you a Web browsing experience exactly like PC browsing.

Did not see it posted here, Be Safe!

* Mod EDIT *

Please refrain from posting Alpha/Beta versions of Skyfire as we will be required to remove them as per Skyfire's request.

Appreciate your cooperation in this matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Decad3nce

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 19, 2010
Awesome, I notice it doesn't compress as much as Opera(pictures look better) but it still renders pages very quickly. Thanks for sharing!

liquidkernel

Aug 12, 2008
Oh cool. I used Skyfire on my Windows Mobile phone before; it's an impressive browser. Going to try it out, thanks!

JustShim

Feb 8, 2010
Everyone is saying they use opera. Is it really that much better than the stock app? I tried opera a while back (like in october or november) and found it buggy, awkward, and basically unusable. Especially the bug with not being able to see what's being typed. Has it really improved past the flawless stock internet app?

crash447

Feb 27, 2010
I have loved Opera Mini so far. It has been super fast, however here are some things that bother me and I wonder if there are workarounds.

1) When I click a link in a text, email, etc. I never have an option to open it with opera.

2) I can't find a way to put any Opera bookmarks on my homepage. I like to have a few bookmarks I can just click on for the few pages I visit often. Some type of widget would be even better.

amd_203

Mar 22, 2010
Bridgeport
Hello to those on this thread. We appreciate the interest in our latest product for Android.

The early alpha version of our product that is being circulated is unauthorized and has been purposely disabled from connecting to our cloud service. Hence the controls are there, but without our server-side connection, the video and other functionality won't work. So if you think you have it working, you surely do not as all the key functionality that defines it as a Skyfire product has been disconnected.

Don't worry, you won't have to wait long as we will soon be launching the product for the public.

Jeff Glueck
CEO, Skyfire

Sent from my Nexus One using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

DirtyShroomz

Mar 17, 2010
I have loved Opera Mini so far. It has been super fast, however here are some things that bother me and I wonder if there are workarounds.

1) When I click a link in a text, email, etc. I never have an option to open it with opera.

2) I can't find a way to put any Opera bookmarks on my homepage. I like to have a few bookmarks I can just click on for the few pages I visit often. Some type of widget would be even better.

Use opera bridge for bookmarks

DirtyShroomz

Mar 17, 2010
Hello to those on this thread. We appreciate the interest in our latest product for Android.

The early alpha version of our product that is being circulated is unauthorized and has been purposely disabled from connecting to our cloud service. Hence the controls are there, but without our server-side connection, the video and other functionality won't work. So if you think you have it working, you surely do not as all the key functionality that defines it as a Skyfire product has been disconnected.

Don't worry, you won't have to wait long as we will soon be launching the product for the public.

Jeff Glueck
CEO, Skyfire

Sent from my Nexus One using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

Kind of a **** attitude for a CEO

Status
Not open for further replies.