TP2 with EnergyROM problems!

Search This thread

iamkaybo

Jun 11, 2010
I cannot activate my TP2 with EnergyROM. The data won't provision at all.

I cannot run the stock RUU either.

I took the phone to my good friend, and he hasnt been able to do anything with it either...

What am I doing wrong?

Everytime I try to put the stock rom back, I get a different error message.

Has anyone had this issue?

burtonsnow8

Sep 18, 2009
Does phone and sms work? What error do you get for the Data??

I have had problems provisioning data before and there were a couple solutions:

Data Call Failure Error 11 PPP Connection Error - Install stock ROM, call programming (#228 on verizon). If that doesn't work, call verizion and let them know you have no data. If all else fails ask for a DMU reset (although they are reluctant to do this).

What error message do you get when you try to install a stock ROM?

iamkaybo

Jun 11, 2010
sorry, I have Sprint (shouldve mentioned that)

I get error #777 from data

and I got errors 206, 320, and another 200level one my boyfriend got when he tried. The latest time I tried with the stock rom it simply said "cannot upgrade your phone."

but yes, phone and sms work.

Last edited:

burtonsnow8

Sep 18, 2009
sorry, I have Sprint (shouldve mentioned that)

I get error #777 from data

and I got errors 206, 320, and another 200level one my boyfriend got when he tried. The latest time I tried with the stock rom it simply said "cannot upgrade your phone."

but yes, phone and sms work.

Try cycling the battery and re-provisioning your phone first. If that doesn't work change your connection settings. I am not sure on sprint 3g login, but go here:

Start > settings > Connections > Connections

Then click Manage existing for the sprint data connection, click edit. Make sure the "Modem" is "Cellular line" and it is dialing "#777". The last screen should have your sprint 3g data info, if you cannot find it online, call sprint and they can give you that information.

About the ROMs, i'm not sure why it isn't working. Unless you are transposing those numbers wrong there is no info in the wiki at this time:

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=Elf_RUU_Error_Codes

Last edited:

burtonsnow8

Sep 18, 2009
I've tried that, my tech friend tried it. Nothing has worked.

Did you call sprint yet? That might be the next plan of action, anytime none of those worked I called VZW and got it fixed.

If none of the above works you might have to flash you TP2 via the SD card. Extract the .nbh file and place it on the root of your SD card (do not put it in any folders). Take out your battery, put it back in, hold the volume down and power key. It should automatically load the ROM file and ask if you want to flash the ROM. Hit the power button and flash away.

iamkaybo

Jun 11, 2010
I called sprint and none of the 3 different tech support agents could figure it out either.

I'll try the SD card thing, because that is looking like my last hope =\

burtonsnow8

Sep 18, 2009
I called sprint and none of the 3 different tech support agents could figure it out either.

I'll try the SD card thing, because that is looking like my last hope =\

I had that once with VZW, flashing back to a stock ROM and provisioning is what solved it...hopefully that works for you. Do you need tips on flashing from the SD card or extracting the nbh?

PRBajista

May 22, 2007
Jersey City, NJ
have you tried task29 first, and then reflashing?

I agree. It sounds like some left over files are causing a serious conflict. Task 29 will format the phone and give you a clean slate to put the phone into bootloader mode and install a new rom. I have attached a version of Task 29 that I found on PPCGeeks that formats the entire phone and just puts the original "Touch Pro 2" splash screen. Plug in your phone and make sure you have a full sync connection with your phone. After that extract the zip file I attached to your desktop. Then run the Task29.exe file. Go through the whole process as if you were flashing a rom. After that the phone will only go to the splash screen and not boot. Do not panic, this is normal. You now have to put the phone in bootloader mode by holding the volume down button and hitting the soft reset button. Continue to hold down the volume down button when you release the soft reset and dont let it go until you see the bootloader screen. Make sure the phone is still plugged in and the words "USB" pop up on the bottom before you continue. When it does, flash the rom of your choice whether stock or custom and try to see if your problem continues. Sorry for the long instructions but I like being thorough just in case. ;) I always use this before I flash a new rom just to avoid problems. I don't know who the author of this software is but they deserve a lot of credit. Hope this works out for you.

Attachments

• Task29.zip
    452.6 KB · Views: 954

kal87

May 19, 2009
yea, i agree, PRBajista. i use it as well, everytime i flash a new rom (which i plan on doing in a minute or so) before i flash29, i put my new rom's nbh on my sd card, start up active sync, start up boot loader, it'll tell me to presst the power button to flash a new rom, which i don't i hit volume down, so it goes into usb mode, falshes with task 29, after it finishes, i reset holding volume down, and flash my rom from sd cause i prefer it over active sync. i hope everything works out for you

iamkaybo

Jun 11, 2010
I tried task29 and got the Error [260] as i have the past 3 times i tried just doing the ROM by itself.

I've tried loading the .nbh file onto the SD and doing the whole volume down/power button thing and it just stayed on the bootscreen for 10 minutes not moving.

I am at my wits end and dont know what to do, and now the phone feature (calling/sms) has stopped working as well.