Did you find this thread useful?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread
Y

yeshwanthvshenoy

Moto G XT1033 Guide

images

Hey guys this thread is dedicated to XT1033 (Indian & Brazilian) Dual Sim Variant of Moto G.Here you will find complete index to your entry to being a developer of the marvellous device!!

My big thanks to Mr hOaX and Perseus71 for their threads here and here that has helped me a lot to me to create this guide for XT1033

1.Unlocking your Bootloader

Credits : matmutant

Files : Adb&Fastboot.zip

Motorola gives u the option to unlock the Bootloader on itz website. No need of any hardships. Just go to Unlocking Bootloader to do it. (They say it voids the warranty of the phone am not sure about that). You can also relock your bootloader later.

To boot into bootloader first power down your phone and then click the VOL DOWN + POWER button for 5-7 seconds. In the Bootloader the VOL DOWN button is to move around and VOL UP is to enter the selected menu. The POWER button is to exit the Bootloader.​

2.Flashing Custom Recovery (CWM/TWRP/PHILZ)

Our device has 3 types of recovery. It is upto you to decide whichever you want. But ultimately all recoveries are for the same purpose and flashing method is same except that the file changes. So decide your recovery mode headover to these thread and download the latest versions:

1.CWM Recovery
2.CWM Advanced Recovery(PHILZ)
3.TWRP Recovery

The last two are touch based whereas the first is non-touch-based. Download the latest recovery of your choice, rename it to "recovery.img" and copy it to the adb&fastboot folder. Boot the device into Bootloader and now type this:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Thatz it go into recovery and u will notice the change!!​

3.Rooting (JB/KK)

Credits : Cooptx

Files : Superuser.Zip

Make sure you have a custom recovery before doing this. Download and copy the files to the root of your SD card. Boot into Bootloader. Now navigate and select Recovery. Now select "Install Zip from SD card". Select the zip and wait. After Install gets completed, select "Reboot system now" and when it asks for a fixing the root, select "yes". You will now be able to see the SuperSu app when your Moto G boots.​

4.Returning to Stock firmware

You may want to go back to the 4.4 stock firmware to do this simple go to Stock Asian Retail

5.Fix Unlocked Bootloader Warning

Credits : Orphee

It is annoying to see that Unlocked Bootloader warning everytime it boots. Thanks to Orphee we have a fix. Actually there are a lot of logos but this is the one i like and the proceedure will be the same for all logos though just the files differ. Just head over to the Remove Unlocked Bootloader Warning download the attachment unzip it and copy it to the fastboot folder. Now boot into Bootloader and type this:

Code:
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
Reboot and see the change.​

6.Relock Bootloader

Sometimes you may want to relock your unlocked bootloader for the sake of replacement or warranty claiming or even service! Just type the following codes before and after flashing your stock firmware(see point 4) in adb.

Code:
fastboot oem lock begin

[COLOR=Green]/* flash stock firmware */[/COLOR]

fastboot oem lock

Last edited:
Y

yeshwanthvshenoy

Roms/Kernels

Roms

Stock Asia Retail

CM 11 Official
//*Both SIM working*//

CM 11 Unofficial
//*Both SIM working*//

Mokee OS Official
//*Both SIM working*//

Revolution G V3
//*Both SIM working*//

Ehndroix V
//*Both SIM working*//

Gummy ROM
//*Both SIM working*//

Pure Stock ROM
//*Both SIM working*//

CrDroid
//*Both SIM working*//

CM Purity
//*Both SIM working*//

Firefox OS
//*Both SIM working*//

Nexus 5 Experience
//*Both SIM working*//

OnePlus Experience
//*Both SIM working*//

Falconee
//*Both SIM working*//

Make all roms work on XT1033
//*Single SIM only*//

Kernels

Faux Kernel
//*Working on stock roms*//

Pink Kernel
//*Working on CM 11 and Mokee OS*//

Aero Kernel
//*Working on stock roms*//

Last edited:
Y

yeshwanthvshenoy

Guides/Miscellaneous

Guides

Misc

Secret Codes
Testing menu(Phone, Battery & Wifi Info, Usage Statistics)
*#*#4636#*#*

MEID number(Display's your IMEI)
*#06#

Hard Reset(Wipes/Resets Data/Profile & internal storage!) (think before you do it! no warning, no go back)
*#*#786#*#*

Open superuser application
*#*#1234#*#* or *#*#7873778#*#*

Manually check for System Updates
*#*#2432546#*#*

Motorola Service Menu
*#*#2486#*#*

Last edited:

Pir4t3

May 26, 2011
Syria
Thank you dear
that's helpful
hope you can add problem and its solving
like camera FC

Thanks again

Y

yeshwanthvshenoy

bro that is an issue with stock rom and as of now there is no fix for it.

Last edited:
Y

yeshwanthvshenoy

23/4/2014

Thread Updated!
If anything new comes up and i fail to notice please comment here or PM me!

stfudude

Aug 17, 2010
Egypt
I need clarification for point #6 in the first post.

Is there anyone (people not living in EU) who's successfully getting free repair under warranty after relocking the bootloader? I'd like to stress this exact words once again: "people not living in EU"

Can we even fool Motorola that the phone was never hacked? The bootloader status will be labeled as 2 (relock after unlock), instead of 1 (locked). 3 means unlocked IIRC.

Is Motorola that stupid? I don't think so.

Please clarify that point again by giving some proofs.

Last edited:
Y

yeshwanthvshenoy

that is really a valid point bro but i dont think they may validate it for software defects but for hardware related defects they will replace..yes u were right abt the status code! will update abt it if i know! thanks for the info!!

Chirag_Galani

Dec 7, 2012
Mumbai
@Perseus71, @matmutant, @Chirag_Galani

I feel now that this is redundant information because I have included and linked all the posts in my index thread.

It will confuse Moto G users like me, @Chirag_Galani alot :(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The OP author @yeshwanthvshenoy could ask the respective Stickied OP authors to add some info if he feels its incomplete. Thus, creating less confusion for the noob, 1st time users and other users. Thus, making their early experience at XDA a smooth one and every one has crystal clear picture in their mind regarding all necessary information. It will further encourage them to use their device with different flavours (AOSPA, CM, Carbon...) or Xposed apps and their special features.

Well, if the OP has a strong reason for maintaining this thread then I don't have any problem. :)

Last edited:
Y

yeshwanthvshenoy

The OP author @yeshwanthvshenoy could ask the respective Stickied OP authors to add some info if he feels its incomplete. Thus, creating less confusion for the noob, 1st time users and other users. Thus, making their early experience at XDA a smooth one and every one has crystal clear picture in their mind regarding all necessary information. It will further encourage them to use their device with different flavours (AOSPA, CM, Carbon...) or Xposed apps and their special features.

Well, if the OP has a strong reason for maintaining this thread then I don't have any problem. :)

I feel now that this is redundant information because I have included and linked all the posts in my index thread.

brothers am really sorry about this issue but this thread was created before Mr.Hoax's thread on 23rd Feb 2014 by that time there wasn't any thread that was dedicated to XT1033 variant and for about a month it wasn't updated as i had my exams and contacted the forum administrators to delete the thread but there wasn't any response and now am back to deving and found that thread wasn't deleted and instead of leaving it as blank thread i just updated the thread to new developments! I am really sorry to anyone who feels this thread is outdated but just wanted XT1033 users to find it easy to which rom works and stuffs related to it!! I mean no harm to anyone who has a thread already!!! If my brothers find any issues with this thread please report to the forum moderators am willing to even give up the thread if my brothers don't feel comfortable with it!!!!

Chirag_Galani

Dec 7, 2012
Mumbai
brothers am really sorry about this issue but this thread was created before Mr.Hoax's thread on 23rd Feb 2014 by that time there wasn't any thread that was dedicated to XT1033 variant and for about a month it wasn't updated as i had my exams and contacted the forum administrators to delete the thread but there wasn't any response and now am back to deving and found that thread wasn't deleted and instead of leaving it as blank thread i just updated the thread to new developments! I am really sorry to anyone who feels this thread is outdated but just wanted XT1033 users to find it easy to which rom works and stuffs related to it!! I mean no harm to anyone who has a thread already!!! If my brothers find any issues with this thread please report to the forum moderators am willing to even give up the thread if my brothers don't feel comfortable with it!!!!

Well mate, we don't have any personal issues with you and if that's the case (referring to your above post) I don't have any problem with this thread if u adhere to the following 3 important points.
  1. You will keep the index of all the DUAL SIM stuffs if they actually work on those variants and all the necessary changes to be made to the device for flashing them. Thus, making it noob friendly. So, maybe testing by you or your trustworthy source will be referred.
  2. You will keep unique info and no redundant data. And, if the case is such that the particular data is quite necessary for the thread. Then, copy it with the permission of the thread author and give proper credits. :)
  3. And, post link to the topics which are already in sticky threads if the information is worth reading for the users coming to your thread.
So, If you adhere to the above points I won't have a single issue with your thread.:) Lets wait for @Mr hOaX's response.

Last edited:
Reactions: Perseus and Mr hOaX
Y

yeshwanthvshenoy

Well mate, we don't have any personal issues with you and if that's the case (referring to your above post) I don't have any problem with this thread if u adhere to the following 3 important points.
  1. You will keep the index of all the DUAL SIM stuffs if they actually work on those variants and all the necessary changes to be made to the device for flashing them. Thus, making it noob friendly. So, maybe testing by you or your trustworthy source will be referred.
  2. You will keep unique info and no redundant data. And, if the case is such that the particular data is quite necessary for the thread. Then, copy it with the permission of the thread author and give proper credits. :)
  3. And, post link to the topics which are already in sticky threads if the information is worth reading for the users coming to your thread.
So, If you adhere to the above points I won't have a single issue with your thread.:) Lets wait for @Mr hOaX's response.

okay bro i ll change the thread contents by today and yes the links are only those that work on it! Roms kernels mods all are the ones that work on xt1033 and not every rom kernel or mod that are there in the forum!! They were checked by myself and few of others too!!! sorry about making this issue!!!!

Mr hOaX

Jan 30, 2014
okay bro i ll change the thread contents by today and yes the links are only those that work on it! Roms kernels mods all are the ones that work on xt1033 and not every rom kernel or mod that are there in the forum!! They were checked by myself and few of others too!!! sorry about making this issue!!!!

I agree with @Chirag_Galani
I have linked your thread to index thread so that users can easily get redirected here if they wants to have some guide on dual sim version of Moto G
Previously when I visited your thread, there were only guides, not much
When I revisited, I found some redundant information present here

You can continue with this contribution work ;)
If you want users should get other links, you can redirect them to index thread so that there is no duplication and confusion :)

Reactions: Chirag_Galani
Y

yeshwanthvshenoy

I have linked your thread to index thread so that users can easily get redirected here if they wants to have some guide on dual sim version of Moto G

If you want users should get other links, you can redirect them to index thread so that there is no duplication and confusion :)

thanks a lot bro for this! yes initially it had only the first post with guides rest were balnk but later on i filled them up finding my thread not deleted!! regret the issue caused to anyone about it!!! thanks a lot for all ur support bros!!!!

mobilephone01

Jan 10, 2011
PC does not recognize my phone when the phone in boot loader. USB debug is on.
When I type the command "adb devices" it says " attached. but type the next line it says " not recognize.
How do I fix this problem. Please help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Will this result in lost of my data like photos and all ?

No. They're stored in internal storage not system partition.