[WIP][DEV]Hotspot unlock

Search This thread

Leoisright

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2010
MN
Well hope this won't get moved to q & a because once this is odexed I will create a bat file to push to framework and will update this thread.

I need a framework file odexed that has the hotspot hack. Anyone care to help?

Here is the file. I have tried and can't get it figured out. I think once we get this odexed we can push to framework and should unlock the hotspot so we don't need WiFi tether apps bypassing the need for Su privs.

hotspot hacked framework

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Sent from my 3VO..

Last edited:

a2k

Jun 30, 2006
Hey Leo, might want to ping AAMIKAM (MikG) they're very experienced working with Odexed ROMs.

smw6180

Oct 31, 2007
Bear, DE
Maybe I'm missing something....how can you push anything to /system/framework bypassing the SU privs?

Code:
drwxr-xr-x root     root              2011-05-23 10:46 framework

/system/framework is only writable by root. Unless you mean 'temp root, push file, now it works'....

But my understanding is that everything reverts to where it was after a reboot, so I'm not sure how this would work.... (Not being an ass, I honestly want to understand what it is that you think will allow this to work.:) )

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
Maybe I'm missing something....how can you push anything to /system/framework bypassing the SU privs?

Code:
drwxr-xr-x root     root              2011-05-23 10:46 framework

/system/framework is only writable by root. Unless you mean 'temp root, push file, now it works'....

But my understanding is that everything reverts to where it was after a reboot, so I'm not sure how this would work.... (Not being an ass, I honestly want to understand what it is that you think will allow this to work.:) )

Well easy process. It will be a one click temp root, push everything to correct spot, then it should work fine.

So what if you have to reboot, its a one click process to get it back. And not so sure about that once it reboots anyway. It will over write the files and may not need to redo after reboot.

Sent from my 3VO..

smw6180

Oct 31, 2007
Bear, DE
Well easy process. It will be a one click temp root, push everything to correct spot, then it should work fine.

So what if you have to reboot, its a one click process to get it back. And not so sure about that once it reboots anyway. It will over write the files and may not need to redo after reboot.

Sent from my 3VO..

Oh. Duh. I'm sorry, I wasn't even thinking about re-running it every time. My apologies. I thought you meant it was a 'reboot and go' sorta thing.

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
Oh. Duh. I'm sorry, I wasn't even thinking about re-running it every time. My apologies. I thought you meant it was a 'reboot and go' sorta thing.

It's all good bro. I will make this an easy add on to haus temp root. It should be an easy hack once we get this odexed. I contacted mikg and waiting to hear back.

I don't think it would revert the framework because its gonna be identical just hacked so it may not even revert back. Usually only reverts back the stuff pushed to data/temp where as this will push directly to /system/framework. I did it last night and it did over write the original one but since it wasn't odexed i put it back.

Sent from my 3VO..

kaos420

Account currently disabled
Dec 21, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site

Sent from my 3VO..

it would have to be run everytime . all files revert back. been dealing with it. have titanium and su installed. every reboot any changes i make i gotta revert back.

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
it would have to be run everytime . all files revert back. been dealing with it. have titanium and su installed. every reboot any changes i make i gotta revert back.

Even so, I still want to add this to the one click root method. We can keep adding to it until we get full root.

I've had a couple responses and sounds like it does need to he odexed from with in the phone. For those that have an EVO that we could use to wrap may be needed.

This sounds like a challenge but once we get it lots will benefit.

Sent from my 3VO..

welrope

Mar 3, 2009
Greensboro
Even so, I still want to add this to the one click root method. We can keep adding to it until we get full root.

I've had a couple responses and sounds like it does need to he odexed from with in the phone. For those that have an EVO that we could use to wrap may be needed.

This sounds like a challenge but once we get it lots will benefit.

Sent from my 3VO..

Still have my ogEvo. Just point me in the right direction.

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
Still have my ogEvo. Just point me in the right direction.

Can you pm me Ur email? If you have gtalk we can go thru it tonight. I have someone that helps odex roms for mikg that works till 7 and is up for the challenge. At that point we fan create an irc channel or gtalk. Should be an easy process.

If you could flash the team Xron 3D port and we can have things ready.

Thanks for helping with this

Sent from my 3VO..

smoochiezz24

Apr 7, 2010
I think once we get this odexed we can push to framework and should unlock the hotspot so we don't need WiFi tether apps bypassing the need for Su privs.

I don't quite understand your intentions but I will be watching this thread to learn more because I like seeing ingenuity at work. Is this mod to bypass the built hotspot feature? possibly to avoid tethering charges? Or for other reasons at this moment?

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
I don't quite understand your intentions but I will be watching this thread to learn more because I like seeing ingenuity at work. Is this mod to bypass the built hotspot feature? possibly to avoid tethering charges? Or for other reasons at this moment?

Correct. I have the modded hotspot just need to odex the jar. This will let us use the stock hotspot free.

Sent from my 3VO..

Last edited:

YACO

Apr 12, 2008
Not bashing the idea (cuz i really need the wifi hotspot), but i think we should all focus on writing the recovery as next step.. once recovery is in, we can install the eng HBOOT with S-OFF... the rest will be history then.

chubbzlou

Jul 24, 2007
NYC
Not bashing the idea (cuz i really need the wifi hotspot), but i think we should all focus on writing the recovery as next step.. once recovery is in, we can install the eng HBOOT with S-OFF... the rest will be history then.

Teamwin is working hard on getting the s-off. Its is still nice to have some hacks working till we get the full root to flash.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys. We are working on getting the stock hotspot released. You should see a release soon from team Xron of a tweaked stock ROM with lots of goodies.

Sent from my 3VO..
    What's up guys. Well our team has tried every way to get the framework in. We can replace the framework odexed but it needs a reboot to set it and once that happens it goes back.

Sorry I haven't been in much the last couple days. Been working on a ROM for this badboy once we get s-off. As we near completion of the ROM, we will keep you updated on what to expect.

It's going to be tweaked to the hilt.

Unlocked hotspot of course
    Speedcard tweak
    Opted apks
    Deodexed
    Tweaked animations for faster performance
    Bloatware to sdcard
    Netflix support
    Removed languages

These are just a hint of what to expect from team Xron. I can say, we are excited about it for sure.

With the announcement from HTC on a confirmation to unlock the hboot, sit back and use the temp root to get WiFi.

I use barnacle and works just fine.

Thanks for your patients gang.

Sent from my 3VO..

Hey leo , once you push the odex framework (you dont need to push the jar) go into dalvik and look for the framework and delete it, this should cause dalvik to pull the odex again and then it should work , in theory. the problem you are having is that it is already been placed into the cache and it is being read from there.
    It is the only thing I can think of at this point.
    Hey Leo, might want to ping AAMIKAM (MikG) they're very experienced working with Odexed ROMs.

Yeah, good idea. I tried outing it on the phone and wrapping it but didn't work. Once we get this odexed, we all get free WiFi.

Sent from my 3VO..
    Thanks for all the hard work Leo. It's definitely appreciated.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium App

Thanks Tiffany :) always glad to be of service when i can.

Sent from my 3VO..
    how do you have it setup?
    the second connection is my samsung transform
    the first is my netbook.

ps here is app.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26438943/wifi_tether_v3_0-pre14.apk

http://www.mediafire.com/?whl7xa2pz553kiv

to setup

1. device profile
    htc desire (cdma)

2. routing fix