[Stock ROM] (H3G) Three UK 2.3.6 for ODIN

Search This thread

Jamielawther

Mar 27, 2011
Thanks to 'cascader' I have used a program to extract the Stock ROM for our Three UK Galaxy Aces. Thanks again 'cascader'!

The zip file contains:
  • Cooper_v1.0.ops - Partition table etc. for the Ace ONLY
  • SS5570_Odin_Multi_Downloader_v4.38.exe - Odin 4.38 - To flash the firmware
  • S5830XWKT5_S5830H3GKT3_S5830NEKT2_HOME.tar.md5 - The firmware
  • SS_DL.dll - This file is used ONLY by Kies so is un-needed

This is a ONEPACKAGE file meaning you only need the cooper.ops file and the firmware to flash. If you do not know what you are doing - http://lmgtfy.com/?q=galaxy+ace+odin+onepackage+flash or http://yagyagaire.blogspot.com/2012/01/how-to-flash-official-stock-firmwares.html :)

Download link:
http://www.4shared.com/zip/TENhIZUN/GT-S5830_H3G_1_20111223114803.html?

I accept no responsibility for bricked phones. Thanks!
Jamie.

King Kaze

Sep 25, 2011
Birmingham
my phone was on O2 but after failed attempts at finding the firmware for it, i just stuck an unbranded stock from asia on there...works wonders

Jamielawther

Mar 27, 2011
It has to be flashed by ODIN @PJ147 Use the included files for ODIN and the instructions from either link :)

@King Kaze - I was using UK XEU but it was only 2.3.3, This is 2.3.6 and includes Three's network tweaks which makes my 2G roaming a bit better, but completely useless still. I have to wait 2 minutes for 0.facebook.com to load on Opera! If I use Opera on any other phone on 2G m.facebook.com loads quickly. I'm thinking it's Three restricting how fast things can download/tx-rx on 2G, Their websites load alright in seconds... I asked them about this and they denied that they restrict speeds on 2G which makes me laugh.

Jamielawther

Mar 27, 2011
Yeah, It should but Three restrict my 2G speed so it loads really slowly :L

Sent from my WT19i using XDA App

Jaycs06

Jul 7, 2007
Doncaster
Ok Cheers Rooted :) Quick Question Where Is The 3 Mobile Bootanimation Kept I Cant Find the Bootanimation Zip ? I Want To Save It And Use On Custom Roms I Instal

Jamielawther

Mar 27, 2011
@Swiftkilla - I don't know sorry, I regrettably got rid of the phone after I posted this so I didn't check :)

@kevo02 I don't recommend it for you. I see you're from Costa Rica and on 'ICE' - This rom is made by Three UK so I only recommend it on Three's phones. Sorry! :)

Note: I won't be checking this thread much, I don't really come on XDA and I sold my Galaxy Ace back in February :) I will still help though if you need anything :)

rodlus

Jul 4, 2012
HI I tried doing everything like you said. It wont register on 3 network and when u dial it says mobile network unavailable, any advice would be good

dabby91

May 20, 2012
my phone was on O2 but after failed attempts at finding the firmware for it, i just stuck an unbranded stock from asia on there...works wonders

Are you able to tell me which firmware you used? I'm like you and cannot seem to find any o2 firmwares anywhere on the internet, even though they are listed on their own website!

Jamielawther

Mar 27, 2011
Is your IMEI still present? *#06# from dialer, should be 15/16 digit number :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Jamielawther

Mar 27, 2011
Are you able to tell me which firmware you used? I'm like you and cannot seem to find any o2 firmwares anywhere on the internet, even though they are listed on their own website!

I would just use a generic stock firmware if I were you because its really hard to find them haha

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

djdanster

Sep 25, 2011
England
I know this thread is a little dusty, but the contents still apply :). When I go to start the flashing in odin, it comes up saying "Please connect phones!!".

I have the latest Sammy USB drivers at hand and I'll try it again once installed, but in the mean time, have anybody else faced a similar issue?

I'm coming from this ROM

Thanks in advance :D

Top Liked Posts