New CDMA ICS Leak a battery killer???

Search This thread

mattfox27

Nov 12, 2010
Los Angeles
www.mkxtech.com
Im running the ICS leak on a VZ phone, everything appears to be working good but i only get like 6-8 hours of battery life where before it would last all day. I not using any battery defending apps and neither did i before, is this just a bug or is there a fix for it? Anyone else notice this or just me?

garywojdan81

Aug 10, 2010
Check for deep sleep with CPU Spy. Also, the leak uses the interactive governor so it hogs more than hotplug.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Azn_Man_Down

Apr 11, 2012
San Francisco
Really only 6 hours with razr...im not even doing anything on it, its just sitting here. I changed the governor, that seems lame that it would eat so much more battery that GB.

Something is chewing up your battery. An app or something because I'm running the CMDA leak and if I leave my phone sitting on my desk overnight unplugged it only drops from 100% to 90% (80% max) by the time I wake up several hours later.

---------- Post added at 03:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 AM ----------

How do you deal with the governor?

You can change the governor using an app like SetCPU. Gives you the option right on the main screen when you first boot up the app.

Of course, changing the CPU settings only works if you're rooted.. But assuming you're on the ICS leak, you're most likely rooted.

kklier

Jan 31, 2011
Something is chewing up your battery. An app or something because I'm running the CMDA leak and if I leave my phone sitting on my desk overnight unplugged it only drops from 100% to 90% (80% max) by the time I wake up several hours later.

---------- Post added at 03:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 AM ----------

You can change the governor using an app like SetCPU. Gives you the option right on the main screen when you first boot up the app.

Of course, changing the CPU settings only works if you're rooted.. But assuming you're on the ICS leak, you're most likely rooted.
Yup I'm rooted. I've just never had reason to mess with the CPU before. I will check this out.

nila@ufl.edu

Sep 17, 2008
Gainesville
It was pretty bad for me as well when I first flashed, and usage showed 35-60% of it was the screen usage. I just reset the battery by draining it completely, charging for 8 hours on, turn off and charge for an hour, turn on unplugged for 2 minutes then turn off and charge for another hour and my battery life is much better. It still seems a bit less than GB, but part of it may be due to juice defender not being able to do as much (only shows 1.5x where it used to show 2.5x).

Deathman20

Sep 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Really only 6 hours with razr...im not even doing anything on it, its just sitting here. I changed the governor, that seems lame that it would eat so much more battery that GB.

If your using it minimally and get good air signals you can go many hours easily with the normal Razr.

For instance I had a Razr, I was chewing through battery life so got the Maxx. No issues from there on out. I get relatively poor reception where I sit in my building so it sucks more power up to get a signal.

My wife has a Razr that is running this ICS as well, from 5:30am til 6pm at night with about 1-1:30min of screen time she sits at 50% battery, goes down to 35-40% the remainder of the night before plug in. Though most apps she uses is not intensive, she has very good line of sight to towers and gets great signal. As well at home switches to wifi network and disables the data connection.

Now mind you as soon as I got my Razr I was on the ICS within hours. I don't know how GB was and don't care to run it. It will be great when ICS officially releases and maybe since this is a test that more systems will be tweaked for the phone.

mattfox27

Nov 12, 2010
Los Angeles
www.mkxtech.com
Ya thats crazy by battery is just getting toasted, im using corporate sync i have good signals everywhere im at...with GB my phone would last all day with a bunch of widgets corporate sync ect...with the ICS leak is pretty bare bones stock the only thing i have setup is the corporate sync and its dying in like 4 hours with little use.

Deathman20

Sep 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Forgot to add even with poor reception my phone with moderate use still would last 12-14 hours with the normal Razr.

That seems really strange. Do you know how much the battery is being chewed up? I use Battery History Monitor. I can look back and a log for days of usage during 5min intervals during the day. Typically I get between 50-120mA usage per hour with no use sitting in my building without using the actual phone itself. Better when its cloudy, worse when sunny. At home I can get downwards of 20-30mA with wifi off.

This is with wifi off, bluetooth off, sitting on 4G network most of the time. Average per day for me is 4-5% loss of signal which is me walking through the building I work at.

Last edited: