Evo rugged case

Search This thread

BIGJER99

Sep 12, 2010
Have to agree with the rest Otterbox is the best and they stand behind them with no problems you call them tell them whats wrong and they send you a new one.

I second this... They will send you a whole new setup for the smallest issue with your case (say your kickstand breaks). I love Otterbox and their customer service, they ABSOLUTELY stand behind their products.

The Defender case itself has kept my EVO almost brand new for whole time. Encases well & protects just as much!

koker93

Jun 25, 2012
I have the Seidio extended battery and case. It was a $100 investment, but well worth it. The battery lasts for 2 days, and the case is a monster. It is a hard slim case, then a silicone case, then a hard outer layer. I've dropped the phone from ladders a few times, once from 25ish feet up, and its fine.

The otterbox is probably great, but they dont sell one that fits over an extended life battery.

http://www.amazon.com/Seidio-Innocase-Extended-Holster-Packaging/dp/B004FG30NE/ref=pd_bxgy_cps_img_b

Reactions: jmh033089

life

Apr 19, 2011
Texas
armgaming.net
i remember one video of them throwing the phone out of a car window going 40 MPH, but cant find it....:(

here is a video of them running the ballistic hc case over tho.

jmh033089

Mar 13, 2009
Chicago,IL
I have the Seidio extended battery and case. It was a $100 investment, but well worth it. The battery lasts for 2 days, and the case is a monster. It is a hard slim case, then a silicone case, then a hard outer layer. I've dropped the phone from ladders a few times, once from 25ish feet up, and its fine.

The otterbox is probably great, but they dont sell one that fits over an extended life battery.

http://www.amazon.com/Seidio-Innocase-Extended-Holster-Packaging/dp/B004FG30NE/ref=pd_bxgy_cps_img_b

I agree about the otterbox, I didn't wanna drop another $100. So I just use the front of the otterbox case and the rubber with the back of the extended case. It works not as good as Seidio but if you are like me and already bought otterbox its the way to go dropped all the time never an issue

yawzy

Jul 31, 2012
I would stay away from the otterbox impact case, even though it protects the phone, it doesn't fit snug enough so the phone moves while its inside the case.

AaronM7

Nov 1, 2009
The Intarwebz
I know that this is an old thread, but people still come to these looking for advice, so here's my $0.02...

I got the Ballistic HC from Amazon after hearing about people in real world situations dropping them and not having problems. Have had the case for over a year now, and no issues. One thing I have to say about Ballistic- they no longer have the case listed on their site, but still honor the warranty- I called to get a replacement kick stand for the rear, they sent me a new rear. The rubber bumpers on the corner of the front panel started coming off, they sent me a new front panel. Oh yeah, and I emailed them about the front cover on the 1 year date of purchase, they gave me absolutely no hassle and sent the replacement off immediately. Arrived in < 3 days.

So as far as protection goes, my phone still qualifies as brand new condition, and as far as customer service- the only way they could get better, in my opinion, is by sending me a new phone with the warranty parts!

2gttalon

Sep 20, 2012
My Trident cyclops has taken a beating and my phone still looks brand new. Plus they are pretty cheap.

Michael61182

Nov 19, 2010
Phoenix
I have a black otterbox for EVO that I'm trying to get rid of, if your interested. I think oyster a great case, I'm leaving sprint though so I'm selling my EVO soon too.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

AzzidReign

Apr 4, 2011
I know this is kind of old but thought I should throw my voice out there for others like me who are looking for a good case.

I had a bought silicone skin jelly a few years back for my Evo 4g. Although I wasn't quite happy with it, I kept it for some time. The problems it had were that it had a loose fit on the phone and easily would come off one of the edges, usually when I was pulling it out of my pocket.

My wife just replaced her evo with some LG Viper LTE. With how she is with phones, I had to find a good case for her. After a day or so of researching I decided on the Ballistic SG case. Let me tell you...this is one of the best cases I've ever held in my hands. I see people recommending Otterboxes, though I've never had one in my hand with an Evo in it, I have had several with iPhones in it. I'm not to keen on the design of it and the feel of it.

The Ballistic SG is GREAT. Has a snug fitting silicone case that wraps the whole phone and then a hard case that supports the middle of the phone. The corners of the phone have extra silicone which is great if you drop it. The front of the phone is guarded by the extra silicone on the corners so if you happen to drop it straight on its face, it will be blocked by the silicone. It's a very snug fit around the phone and you don't have to worry about it accidentally coming off. The hard case in the middle is tough to pull over and the silicone is a snug fit to begin with, so with the 2 combined, it grips that phone like a glove (not an OJ Simpson type of glove if you know what I mean).

I liked my wife's Ballistic SG for the Viper so much, I went out and got it for my Evo 4g since I plan on holding on to this phone for another year or perhaps longer as the phone does what I need it to do and then some with all these great custom roms out there. (Though I can't wait to upgrade to get some of these fancy features phones like the SGS3 have)

I highly recommend this case.

PhxkinMassacre

Dec 4, 2010
Lemont
I have a sg for sale brand new if the post above persuaded anyone. Just go to the main accessories thread and it's there :)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

ryanbell27

Oct 17, 2010
Amazon has great deals on otter box cases. My dad got a $50 case for $20 once

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

kmshadoze

Oct 5, 2012
Lake Mary
I personally liked my Otter Box the best, it could handle anything.. Im not sure if Ballistic makes a case for the EVO 4G but if it does, they are amazing

Top Liked Posts