Serious issue with sudden turnoffs

Search This thread

RaymieHumbert

Jul 26, 2012
I've noticed that my device has suddenly turned off on several occasions; I only notice because it does not respond to the power button and to use it I must take out and reinsert the battery.

I am running the latest installer build. Is this an issue with CM, the phone or something else? I need it fixed quickly because I am missing important text messages and phone calls. Should I flash M9 over the installer build, or is it something serious enough to merit a deeper change?

Feb 6, 2013
I've noticed that my device has suddenly turned off on several occasions; I only notice because it does not respond to the power button and to use it I must take out and reinsert the battery.

I am running the latest installer build. Is this an issue with CM, the phone or something else? I need it fixed quickly because I am missing important text messages and phone calls. Should I flash M9 over the installer build, or is it something serious enough to merit a deeper change?

It sounds like you're having issues with your phone not waking up. A couple things you can try immediately(these are terminal commands to enter in terminal emulator or adb):
### lower wakeup thresholds
Code:
su
sysctl -w kernel.random.read_wakeup_threshold = 64
sysctl -w kernel.random.write_wakeup_threshold = 128
### increase max frequency
Code:
su
echo 1200000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/screen_off_max_freq

When your phone screen doesn't turn on when you press the power button, try plugging it into the charger to see if turns on then.

Also this can sometimes be a kernel related issue. Try flashing some afterstock kernels like Fancy or Dirty V.