[Q] [How to]:: Get Phil Touch recovery for Carbon ROM 4.4.4

Search This thread

hitesh.pande

Oct 12, 2013
Hi,

I would like to get philtouch recovery for Carbon ROM 4.4.4

I tried to download and install, however when try to reboot to recovery, it automatically goes to CWM from Kernel

Any suggestions?

Thanks and regards

Hitesh Pande

foomanjackel

Aug 19, 2013
CT
Are you choosing "reboot to recovery" from the reboot menu while the phone is on?
Instead just choose "reboot" from the menu, and if you have dual recovery installed...then as the phone starts to boot watch the lights at bottom of phone....it should turn violet/purple While its violet/purple, if you press the down volume button, the light will turn orange for a second, then it will start "CWM".

BUT if you wait, then a few seconds after turning purple, the light will turn green and vibrate twice. Now while it is green....press the volume up button (you must do this while the light is green. If you miss it, you have to reboot and try again). The light will change to purple or orange for a second, then Phil touch recovery should start up.
Alternately, if you press volume down while it is green , you will get to TWRP recovery.

Last edited:

hitesh.pande

Oct 12, 2013
Are you choosing "reboot to recovery" from the reboot menu while the phone is on?
Instead just choose "reboot" from the menu, and if you have dual recovery installed...then as the phone starts to boot watch the lights at bottom of phone....it should turn violet/purple While its violet/purple, if you press the down volume button, the light will turn orange for a second, then it will start "CWM".

BUT if you wait, then a few seconds after turning purple, the light will turn green and vibrate twice. Now while it is green....press the volume up button (you must do this while the light is green. If you miss it, you have to reboot and try again). The light will change to purple or orange for a second, then Phil touch recovery should start up.
Alternately, if you press volume down while it is green , you will get to TWRP recovery.

Hi

I have been trying to go to recovery from Power menu

I will try to install the Phil Touch Dual recovery and try your steps again and update you

Thanks for prompt reply

regards

hitesh.pande

Oct 12, 2013
Hi

I have been trying to go to recovery from Power menu

I will try to install the Phil Touch Dual recovery and try your steps again and update you

Thanks for prompt reply

regards

Update

Hi

I have followed your steps and it worked!!!.. good to know
earlier I was directly trying to press the up key once i got the purple light
I now choose "Reboot" from the Power menu and then follow the steps instead of "Reboot into recovery"
regards
Hitesh

Last edited: