[ROM] Sony Ericsson W8 E16i Port

Search This thread

consegregate

Feb 2, 2011
Singapore
Weird.. I don't see superuser.apk in the rom.
Edit: Didn't see first post :p Slade, I find that all the custom roms I've tried cannot compare to stock roms in terms of smoothness. Anyone noticed, or is it just minor hardware differences?

Last edited:

hgvinh

Mar 21, 2011
I disappointed about SE, Walkman on W8 = music player on X10 mini pro, only different about interface : orange of walkman and blue on U20i.

ruifung

Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I disappointed about SE, Walkman on W8 = music player on X10 mini pro, only different about interface : orange of walkman and blue on U20i.
Even the music beta app on the market has more features then that ****ty SEMCMusic Player. ( And the music beta app has less features than stock android, but way better interface.)

xxpeterxx

Nov 29, 2010
any progress or update on this rom????

thanks , bye

edit : the rom is really stable! faster and everythings works , but the camera dont work with the default app , but with vignette rules ( 5mpx and flash work)!!! , the module for overclock work , but the dualtouch dont work u.u

any solution to add dualtouch to this rom ??

edit 2 : angry birds dont work. , install and start , but in 5 seconds , the app close

Last edited:

ruifung

Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
any progress or update on this rom????

thanks , bye

edit : the rom is really stable! faster and everythings works , but the camera dont work with the default app , but with vignette rules ( 5mpx and flash work)!!! , the module for overclock work , but the dualtouch dont work u.u

any solution to add dualtouch to this rom ??

edit 2 : angry birds dont work. , install and start , but in 5 seconds , the app close
Just download the module, put it in /system/lib/modules, edit hwconfig.sh to insmod it, edit build.prop, there you're done. Look in the multitouch driver thread for detailed instructions.

terrormattie

Mar 24, 2009
Thanks slade! great rom. This doesnt got all the google crap that you cant remove safelly from stock, like google talk etc.

Edit: It doesnt even have a market!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer:
    the usual stuff i am not responsible if you brick your device. By any means you do it knowing there still might be a possiblity you might get stuck or brick you device

Hey guys,
    this is a Port of the recently in released in China.
    This ROM can still be rooted by SuperOneClick root. Xrecovery comes preinstalled though. Do not forget that the W8 still comes with Android 2.1 still its nice as some of the stuff was updated. So if you want to update you existing 2.1 this might be a great choice.
    You can remove any app you don't want from the zip or copy the ones from 2.1 to the zip you need as well.

Please Backup your build.prop before flashing so you can revert back to original state

Links

W8 Port v1.0 Please read instructions / This is Android Eclair (2.1)

Instructions:

• place on sdcard
    • boot to xrecovery
    • install as custom zip
    • if you come from other custom rom (higher than android 2.1) do a factory reset BEFORE flashing the zip file
    • reboot (like stock SE firmware for pro) takes awfully long

The Works:
    • Everything

The Not Works
    • Nothing found so far

Bugs:
    • Some stuff is not ldpi like the widgets but it works pretty good.
    Screenshots also pending? :rolleyes:

Done xD

he is finishing the upload :b lets see what comes from this walkman series
    Done xD

he is finishing the upload :b lets see what comes from this walkman series

i only edited to make it work with mini and also deleted chinese input method and changed suquashi framework so otherwise we couldnt really use the hardware keyboard. if somebody need chinese i need the mini pro chinese input method. which i didnt have. now we are at least able to use hardware keyboard and the stock t9 input method from sony mini pro stock rom.
    links up and running
    Hi Slade,

Sorry for my ignorance but what is the difference between this ROM and the original SE ROM 2.1 for minipro?

Thanks

this is based on the newest 2.1 sources and you have "S.E walkman".