[ROM][GT-I9100][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD

Search This thread

navodwickra

Feb 12, 2010
Leeds
first look at plain ICS. its super slick. Will try my best to use it as daily driver.
1)cannot restore the apps backed up using titanium in GB to ICS. is there any option for this ?
2)haptic feedback works on and off. not a big deal. i like it though.
3)Not sure if the regular CM7 modified status bar is there or not. would love to have the data toggle , battery percentage and other toggle buttons.

for your first question force TB to restore everything in to internal sd card instead of default location. You will find it under preferences. TB works fine for me after I applied that change

anandyaa98

Apr 19, 2011
Yeahp. just rebooted. i realise that this isnt the place for problems but im quite desperate. could it be that when the phone goes into deep sleep this happens.

cocchiararo

Sep 11, 2007
Escobar
Is it possible to copy FOLDERS from the phone to the PC using droidexplorer ?

drag and dropping does not work, and choosing copy does nothing (copies nothing)

:(

I already HATED MTP on my honeycomb tablet (it takes ages to count files/decies what to do, takes time away from us by telling us that the files being copied might not be compatible, etc), but now i hate it even more, cause it does not work at all.

This is no rom bashing, CM9 is my daily rom now, i just hate that google removed the old method. (and/or windows implementation of MTP sucks)

mintvilla

Jun 20, 2010
Is it possible to copy FOLDERS from the phone to the PC using droidexplorer ?

drag and dropping does not work, and choosing copy does nothing (copies nothing)

:(

I already HATED MTP on my honeycomb tablet (it takes ages to count files/decies what to do, takes time away from us by telling us that the files being copied might not be compatible, etc), but now i hate it even more, cause it does not work at all.

This is no rom bashing, CM9 is my daily rom now, i just hate that google removed the old method. (and/or windows implementation of MTP sucks)
google hasnt done this, usb mass storage is still included in ICS, theyve decided to do this for their nexus devices but that doesnt mean you have to have it on the SGS2, usb mass storage just hasnt been implemented yet.

I have the Asus Transformer, they use usb mass storage so luckily i dont have to put up with the MTP crap

break1

Oct 29, 2010
Berlin
xdaforums.com
for your first question force TB to restore everything in to internal sd card instead of default location. You will find it under preferences. TB works fine for me after I applied that change

when i try to restore an game like "jumping slime" via TB (i forced TB to save apps on internal sd card) it just says : app not installed. just doesnt work.. i dont know why :(

anandyaa98

Apr 19, 2011
Guys can anyone help. i got a kernal panic screen when i tried to restore a miui backup that has always worked. ive used that backup like 5 or 6 times.

drelite08

Nov 29, 2010
What's with the alpha thread being closed? Does that mean its coming out of alpha?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

drelite08

Nov 29, 2010
That doesn't surprise me. Some people in there have been acting like spoiled children and not appreciating the hard work that's been done to build cm9.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

aceofclubs

Oct 5, 2011
For anyone wondering about battery drain and AOS bugs etc, i wouldnt believe everything you read.

I9100
2000mah oem battery

My results.

7248af1f-3833-8c75.jpg
7248af1f-3846-132f.jpg
7248af1f-385d-9dea.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S II using XDA App

M

mudferret

The AOS usage is misleading for sure.

My battery life has been very good, excellent with the Jan 2 build, significantly less kernel wake locks, which may have been misleading as well.

30% on GB and the world is ending, ICS not so much.

mintvilla

Jun 20, 2010
The AOS usage is misleading for sure.

My battery life has been very good, excellent with the Jan 2 build, significantly less kernel wake locks, which may have been misleading as well.

30% on GB and the world is ending, ICS not so much.

ive actually found battery life to be better than GB with normal useage, and worse than GB when heavy using the phone (like playing games)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/CyanogenMod9:GT-I9100:Nightly:Known_issues

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
    http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions

If you're a bloody noob and getting confused by following simple instructions, go down and read about using the noob-proof ODIN method.

First time installing CyanogenMod 9 to your Galaxy S II, or coming from another ROM:
    - READ FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions
    - Make sure you're running ICS bootloaders lower than LPH! (if you're unsure, flash the CM9 Resurrection Edition)
    - Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM9 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Flash GApps zip
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your calendar sync will not work)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore Apps using Titanium Backup!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9:
    - Copy CM9 ZIP to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Reboot

Using the noob-proof ODIN method:
    - Download CM9 Resurrection Edition
    - Download GApps and put it onto your internal sdcard
    - Open Odin
    - Choose cm-9-XXXXXXXX-ODIN-galaxys2.tar.md5 as PDA
    - Boot your phone into download mode
    - Connect your device via usb to your computer
    - Wait till Odin has fully recognized your phone
    - Hit the start button and wait till the flash process is finished
    - Device boots automatically into recovery
    - Flash GApps
    - Reboot into CM9
    - Follow above steps to update CM9 to lastest available version (Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9)

STOP!!!
    Did you read THIS POST fully, the FAQs and KNOWN ISSUES?

Nightly builds:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=galaxys2
    can also be found at ROM-Manager

Google Apps:
    Get the latest Version from Rom-Manager. We recommend to use 20120317.
    Newer, unsupported versions can be found at http://goo.im/gapps

CM9 Resurrection Edition for use with Odin:
    20120420: Download
    20120330: Download

CWM flashable Modems:
    LPX Modem: Download
    LPW Modem: Download
    LPS Modem: Download
    LPR Modem: Download
    Have a look at ROM-Manager (Developer: codeworkx) for more Modems.

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#galaxys2/cm9/next

TEAMHACKSUNG SUPPORT CHAT

Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

Thread for Developers only!!!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=20671183

AdamG-, atinm, codeworkx, coolya, guiper, nebkat, Unhelpful, xplodwild, teamhacksung, the cyanogenmod-team.

9XWih.png
    NLXAX.png
    LBnUm.png
    QCcry.png

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing, goto teamhacksung website and hit the big donate button.
    Thanks to all donators!
    Lets all hit thank button for CODEWORKS at least 5 times a day until he beats mike1986 who has "17032" thank votes

+1

great idea :p
    CM10
    It's done when it's done. Don't expect a release withing the next days. If it takes weeks, then it takes weeks.

I'll focus on I9100 development because it's the device with the most users.
    It will take us a lot of time to integrate all patches/hacks needed for samsung devices.

Don't bug us or ask for etas, just be patient and let us work.
    That's the best what you can do.
    Push me over 10k nao!!!
    By the way.... got a interesting PM.
    "You Are an Elite Recognized Developer of XDA!"

:p