[Q]Disable Raindrop Protection?

Search This thread

moofree

Oct 28, 2011
Texas
IIRC it's a "feature" that's enabled on the touchscreen controller itself, nothing we can enable or disable through easy software means...

At least the time has been slightly increased from the 20seconds of the Atrix 1. I count 30 seconds for the Atrix 2.

hellot1M

Jul 15, 2010
We have it disabled on the photon as well.

We also have the 1% battery fix that I'm working on for the Atrix 2. Btw I didn't notice anything about that in any of the threads but has it already been fixed?

Sent from my I9300 using XDA

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
reflecting on Indra's net
Looks like someone figured out how:

Universal Raindrop Fix

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1467696

This won't work for us. We don't have the touchscreen files in the same location as the old atrix. Not sure, but it may need to be fixed with kernel tweaks... Samsung phones have a similar problem called "ghost touch". See here for their solution: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1554540

We have it disabled on the photon as well.

We also have the 1% battery fix that I'm working on for the Atrix 2. Btw I didn't notice anything about that in any of the threads but has it already been fixed?

What do you mean by 1% fix? There are plenty of 1% batt mods for the A2...

Sent from my mind using XDA

T

tmease1

This needs moved to general.

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

strider28304

Feb 8, 2010
After much discussion here, I decided to flash this on my Sonya V4 Atrix 2, even though I didn't need to. Well I tested it with some multi-touch tester apps and it did work for me. I didn't experience any rain drop effects or bugs after the 15-30 secs window. I think it should stay here since its a mod that work on my Atrix 2. YMMV.

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
After much discussion here, I decided to flash this on my Sonya V4 Atrix 2, even though I didn't need to. Well I tested it with some multi-touch tester apps and it did work for me. I didn't experience any rain drop effects or bugs after the 15-30 secs window. I think it should stay here since its a mod that work on my Atrix 2. YMMV.

Well, shoot, I guess I'll eat my words... Maybe I just don't understand enough about this phone yet, but that zip only installs a touchpad.cfg file in the /system/etc/touchpad/22 folder.. which we do not have (at least I don't... does SonyaV4 have that file?).. And, if you read through that thread, people have just replaced their own .cfg files through root explorer instead of flashing the zip. So, again.. I don't get it. (did you do the same test before flashing that zip? - just checking, does the A2 even have the raindrop protection? And, why is this even a feature, who uses their phones in the rain anyway??)

Last edited:

chimarea

Oct 23, 2009
Malatya
Well, shoot, I guess I'll eat my words... Maybe I just don't understand enough about this phone yet, but that zip only installs a touchpad.cfg file in the /system/etc/touchpad/22 folder.. which we do not have (at least I don't... does SonyaV4 have that file?).. And, if you read through that thread, people have just replaced their own .cfg files through root explorer instead of flashing the zip. So, again.. I don't get it. (did you do the same test before flashing that zip? - just checking, does the A2 even have the raindrop protection? And, why is this even a feature, who uses their phones in the rain anyway??)

Now i test it and removed raindrop protection.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

hellot1M

Jul 15, 2010
This won't work for us. We don't have the touchscreen files in the same location as the old atrix. Not sure, but it may need to be fixed with kernel tweaks... Samsung phones have a similar problem called "ghost touch". See here for their solution: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1554540

What do you mean by 1% fix? There are plenty of 1% batt mods for the A2...

I searched the entire development thread and didn't see anything. Is it something one of the devs included in a rom and not aside?

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
I searched the entire development thread and didn't see anything. Is it something one of the devs included in a rom and not aside?

JRW put a set of them together here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1449631&highlight=1+battery+mod
Also, yes, they are included in most all of the available roms, as well as some additional mods have been posted within the rom threads (i know i put some together for Victory rom, cause it wasn't showing 1% increments and that dev posted his rom and left the country or civilization...).
Note that they are only for deodexed roms at this point (due to the services.jar edits required)

Reactions: hellot1M

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012

Now i test it and removed raindrop protection.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Well I don't know what you guys did, but I tested that zip file as well, using Dotty and Mutitouch Vis Test before and after, and it did nothing for me. Still bugs out and doesn't register both fingers after 30 seconds or so until I tap a bunch of times, then it comes back to normal, then bugs out again in another 30 seconds. I double checked, and it definitely installed the new config file in /system/etc.. but no change. I'm deleting the new folders...

EDIT: Also, it definitely doesn't register 5 fingers, as the mod apparently is also supposed to do.. and read this from the mod developer (it's kinda what i said earlier):http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22076100&postcount=49

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts