[UPDATE 05/01] Increase Max Volume - BT + HEADSET BOOST (combined) FILE AVAILABLE!!

Search This thread

Meltus

Jan 11, 2009
Manchester
www.androidaudiohacks.com
HEADSET EQUALIZER!!! - HOLY CRAP!!!

[Latest release in Blue]

VERSION INFO

Headset + Bluetooth Volume Hack
This file should also have a lower ringing and message tone when listening to music through the headset. If someone could test and confirm this It would be much appreciated!
As it stands the headset boost overwrites the bluetooth boost, so as a quick workaround i made this file which combines the 2!!! enjoy! (attached to this post)

BT Volume Hack v1
(Many thanks to innerspace for testing)
Finally, it's working without any problems! Those who may remember my earlier attempts to get this going will remember how hopelessly bad it turned out to be, but now, it's working!!
Here is some test info:

Audio is significantly louder overall via A2DP, levels over headset seemed louder as well (though admittedly its a bit harder to discern over a mono headset). The party on the other end of the call said I sounded fine, voice was clear.

There will be some updates on this soon.

I hope some of you find this useful :) - http://meltus.androidftw.com/?page_id=2

NEXUS ONE FILES
This is just the basic un-modified AudioPara4.csv that was released with the Nexus One Source. Yes, this has probably been downloaded by plenty of you but i thought i'd upload just the audio files for the people who haven't.
There is another file i included, AudioBTID.csv, which i think controls bluetooth. Don't expect this to do anything however, unless you have a Nexus One :p
Also, don't expect this file to sound any different as it's not modified and i haven't had chance to look through it properly. But, there are definitely differences, so it's doing something differently.
I'll keep you all posted :)

V1
This is the very first version i made. This one differs from the other builds because it was before i realised there was an EQ setting. The sound quality of this build is average, just as good as the stock sound quality, and is slightly louder. Perfect for those who want a slight increase of sound with no compromise to audio quality.

V2 - *Most Popular*
In this version i included the AudioFilter file. The AudioFilter.csv controls the EQ and Compression settings, which is disabled by default (on the stock and V1 files). Increasing the Gain for each frequency band boosts the overall volume, but also causes distortion. Quite a loud version but also pretty distorted.

V3
using the same method as V2 but with a much higher gain setting. the result is a very loud overall volume but also a very distorted overall sound. For those who prefere volume over quality.

V4
the complete opposite of V3. This is a pretty quiet build but, by using the new Hero audio files which have a new EQ enabled, it has a much better 'sound quality'. for those of you who enjoy your music for the clarity and not the volume.

V5
Based on V3. The sound quality is slightly better in both the external speaker and headphones but the headphone volume is much, much louder. It is NOT recomended to have it set to full volume when listening to music through the headphones.

V5_r2 - *ALSO CALLED HEADSET BOOST IN MY APP*
As V5 was only an update for V3, i thought i'd make an update that works for all versions. Again, this increases the wired headset volume, but increases it by different amounts, depending on what version is being used. e.g. it will be louder on V3 than on V2. it will be louder on V2 than V1 etc.

V6 - *Loudest*
This is an 'update', much like V5. Use either v1, 2 or 3 and THEN push V6. or, pull the AudioPara4.csv from any of these versions and push all 3 files. This CAN be used with stock settings but it wont be as good!
Thanks to GoldenarmZ's new banding frequencies i managed to get the sound much 'bassier' and after finally figuring out the new 'Hero EQ' i've managed to get the sound much clearer. the result through the headphones is a nice mix of both, suitable for almost all types of music.
You must push both files included.

This version is still in the beta stages and pretty experimental. If you choose to use it you do so at your own risk

GENERATION 7 (2nd Revisions) - *Latest* - *BEST QUALITY*
Ok, here are my V7 Generation files. The zip contains v1r2, v2r2 (v7), v3r2 and v6r2. i've tried to improve them as much as possible, you may like them, you may not.

- V1 revision 2
Due to it not being distorted at all anyway, i added the compressor and made it slightly louder. not a lot has been changed here.
- V2 revision 2
Completely distortion-less! The most popular version due to it's loud volume and good sound quality. Now being used pre-built into many custom ROMs.
- V3 revision 2
Not sure about this one. Still very distorted (due to it's volume) and it's now slightly quieter than the original v3. Some of you may like this version, some of you may hate it.
- V6 revision 2
Managed to retain the bass whilst removing some of the distortion. I also lowered the volume slightly.
TIP!!! - Have the volume set 3 below maximum to get the best sound out of this version. At this level it sounds pretty good.

New Headset Boost (with Sapphire fix thanks to crypticc)
Only contains an AudioPara4.csv. The quality isn't great, because on full volume, it is VERY loud indeed. This is just a trail run and it's most probably not too stable.
This is achieved in a much more simple way than my last headset boost which used some weird bug in the files which failed to work half the time, whereas this one has the correct values changed, thanks to the new 'labeled' AudioPara.csv
WARNING: Not 100% Stable. Use At Your Own Risk!!!

You must push ALL files included.

For best sound possible use mp3 files that have a 320kb bit rate or higher. Or, better still, don't use mp3's.

MANUAL UPDATE
WARNING: This will NOT work if you don't have ADB set up on your computer. For a guide to setting up ADB check the official google android site.

METHOD 1
Download your prefered build (see above for info), and extract the files to anywhere. For the sake of the tutorial, extract it to 'Desktop'. Next open up your cmd and get adb started:
Code:
[COLOR=lime]adb remount[/COLOR] ([COLOR="Red"]sudo adb remount[/COLOR] for linux users)
- wait for the 'remount succeeded' message
[COLOR=#00ff00]adb push Desktop/AudioFilter.csv system/etc[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#00ff00]adb push Desktop/AudioPara4.csv system/etc[/COLOR]
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]adb push Desktop/AudioPreProcess.csv system/etc[/COLOR] - If Version requires it
[COLOR=seagreen]adb push Desktop/AudioPara4_TMUS.csv system/etc[/COLOR] - Optional
if the version you are using doesn't contain a TMUS file, just leave it out. it isn't vital.
once that has all worked correctly it is just a matter of:
Code:
[COLOR=deepskyblue]adb shell[/COLOR]
[COLOR=deepskyblue]reboot[/COLOR]
and you're done! your new volume settings should take effect when the phone boots up.

METHOD 2
WARNING: This version does not need ADB, but it does need a signing tool and a good understanding of the update.zip flashing method.

first of all, find the custom ROM you wish to use (if you choose the one you are currently using you will not have to wipe) and open it with WinRar, 7zip or something similar.
Navigate to 'system/etc' and delete the AudioPara4.csv, AudioFilter.csv and, if the build includes it, the AudioPara4_TMUS.csv and AudioPreProcess.csv.

ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE DELETING.

Once they have been deleted it's just a case of dragging the new files from your preferred version into the folder. Once that has been done, you will need to re-sign the update.zip (very important you do this, otherwise the flashing wont work) and place it on your sdcard.
Next, reboot your phone holding the home button, and pres alt+s.
once your phone has flashed and rebooted, your audio settings will take effect!

METHOD 3

Thanks to LucidREM

This is all done from the terminal emulator on your phone -

Code:
$su
#mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
#mkdir /sdcard/AudioBackUp
#cd /system/etc/
#busybox cp /AudioFilter.csv /sdcard/AudioBackUp
#busybox cp /AudioPara_TMUS.csv /sdcard/AudioBackUp
#busybox cp /AudioPara4.csv /sdcard/AudioBackUp
#busybox cp /AudioPreProcess.csv /sdcard/AudioBackUp

#mkdir /sdcard/tmp
#cd /sdcard/tmp
#wget http://98.131.134.176/system/etc/v7/AudioFilter.csv
#wget http://98.131.134.176/system/etc/v7/AudioPara4.csv
#wget http://98.131.134.176/system/etc/v7/AudioPreProcess.csv

#busybox cp *.csv /system/etc

[COLOR="Red"]'v7' CAN BE REPLACED WITH ANY OTHER VERSION.[/COLOR]
METHOD 4

Thanks to everyone who helped make and test this!!!

Louder Volume Hack v3.5

This app is avaliable on the market for £2.00 (not sure what that is in $) and will allow you to freely switch between any of the versions without the need for a computer or any typing. Many updates planned!

Includes:
* Original versions (v1, 2, 3 and 6)
* Generation 7 files [REVISION 2] (v1r2, 2r2, 3r2 and 6r2)
* Headset Boost
* Bluetooth Boost
* In-Call Modifications
and all possible combinations of these files.

A free 'LITE' version is avaliable Here, but only allows you to switch bewteen Stock and V2.

absolutelyandroid.com004_thumb1.png
absolutelyandroid.com003_thumb1.png

and thats it :)
enjoy!

Attachments

• Stock_BACKUP.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 1,892
  • V1.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 1,234
  • V6!!!.zip
    2 KB · Views: 4,534
  • Headset_Boost.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 3,727
  • HS+BT_Boost.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 2,846
Last edited:

daveid

Jan 5, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
You can make it easier by combining the first two listed as:
adb remount

followed with

adb pull ....

this will also allow you to take out the "make sure you are out of an adb shell" part, as you will not enter the adb shell. And in place of the Desktop/*.* I would suggest simply extracting the files to the tools directory located where you installed your SDK, then you can leave out the Desktop/ (which may make it easier for people to follow along, as some people don't have adb in their path and simply open command windows and navigate to the sdk/tools dir to launch adb commands). But, that is all opinion, your commands look good to me.

Meltus

Jan 11, 2009
Manchester
You can make it easier by combining the first two listed as:
adb remount

followed with

adb pull ....

this will also allow you to take out the "make sure you are out of an adb shell" part, as you will not enter the adb shell. And in place of the Desktop/*.* I would suggest simply extracting the files to the tools directory located where you installed your SDK, then you can leave out the Desktop/ (which may make it easier for people to follow along, as some people don't have adb in their path and simply open command windows and navigate to the sdk/tools dir to launch adb commands). But, that is all opinion, your commands look good to me.

thanks for the adb remount, didn't think about using that :)
and i only used 'Desktop/*' because i've had trouble in the past where i've had to link the whole thing, e.g., 'C:/Danny/SDK/tools/*' rather than just 'adb push *' even if i opened it from the tools dir. i just find it easier if i do everything from the desktop :p

namsir

Jan 17, 2009
I already known you mentioned You only tested this on Haykuro's 6.0r1. I've tried to do it on the jf1.5adp build, but i see that the AudioPara_TMUS.csv file does not exist in the etc folder. So i did stop working on this until someone make it work with jf1.5 ADP build :)

edit:
instead of AudioPara_TMUS.csv there's a file name AudioPreProcess.csv. I compared 2 files and they are different values and size.

i've included the AudioPreProcess.csv file, take a look and help us please . Thanks in Milz

Attachments

• AudioPreProcess.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 599
Last edited:

Meltus

Jan 11, 2009
Manchester
is it? sorry lol didn't realise. ><

and namsir, PreProcesses is in 6.0 also and it's not got anything to do with volume (as far as i know :p) i'll d/l JF's apd build now and have a look for you and see what i can do.

Meltus

Jan 11, 2009
Manchester
as far as i can tell guys, this should also work fine on JF's build. i can't see any major differences except for the absence of the 'AudioPara_TMUS.csv'.
so basically, if someone's willing to test it for me, just follow the instructions but miss out of the 'AudioPara_TMUS.csv' parts :)

also gettin close to a better louder version, should have that ready for tomorrow ^^

alritewhadeva

Mar 26, 2009
ah on TheDudes1.1a and when falshing get error...

E: Wrong Digest:
system/etc/AudioFilter.csv
E: Verification failed
Installation aborted

jsunkist146

Mar 9, 2009
seems to be working on jf adp 1.5. I pushed all three files in the zip and left the AudioPreProcess.csv in place, going to try removing it now and see what happens.

edit: works without AudioPreProcess.csv
my steps (not including my backups)
adb remount
adb push AudioFilter.csv /system/etc
adb push AudioPara_TMUS.csv /system/etc
adb push AudioPara4.csv /system/etc
adb busybox rm /system/etc/AudioPreProcess.csv

then reboot

Last edited:

Meltus

Jan 11, 2009
Manchester
seems to be working on jf adp 1.5. I pushed all three files in the zip and left the AudioPreProcess.csv in place, going to try removing it now and see what happens.

I wouldn't get rid of it if i were you because it definatly does something lol.
I suppose it wouldnt do the phone any harm, i took them all out and all that happened was i had no sound till i put them back in.
let us know what happens though if you do take it out :p

jsunkist146

Mar 9, 2009
check above, edited my post. while it did work fine and i tested sounds in all different ways i could think of im about to head off to work so i put it back for now (need a completely working phone, not worth the risk) but i plan on taking it back out again tonight when i get home and let it be for a couple days and see what happens. been waiting for this fix since i got the phone, much appreciated!

Zappletoo

Apr 27, 2009
I tried that on JF1.5, but I didn't notice a big difference..
Does it change only the loudest setting ? This one seems a bit louder than how it was before, but I can't tell for sure.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HEADSET EQUALIZER!!! - HOLY CRAP!!!

[Latest release in Blue]

VERSION INFO

Headset + Bluetooth Volume Hack
    This file should also have a lower ringing and message tone when listening to music through the headset. If someone could test and confirm this It would be much appreciated!
    As it stands the headset boost overwrites the bluetooth boost, so as a quick workaround i made this file which combines the 2!!! enjoy! (attached to this post)

BT Volume Hack v1
    (Many thanks to innerspace for testing)
    Finally, it's working without any problems! Those who may remember my earlier attempts to get this going will remember how hopelessly bad it turned out to be, but now, it's working!!
    Here is some test info:

Audio is significantly louder overall via A2DP, levels over headset seemed louder as well (though admittedly its a bit harder to discern over a mono headset). The party on the other end of the call said I sounded fine, voice was clear.

There will be some updates on this soon.

I hope some of you find this useful :) - http://meltus.androidftw.com/?page_id=2

NEXUS ONE FILES
    This is just the basic un-modified AudioPara4.csv that was released with the Nexus One Source. Yes, this has probably been downloaded by plenty of you but i thought i'd upload just the audio files for the people who haven't.
    There is another file i included, AudioBTID.csv, which i think controls bluetooth. Don't expect this to do anything however, unless you have a Nexus One :p
    Also, don't expect this file to sound any different as it's not modified and i haven't had chance to look through it properly. But, there are definitely differences, so it's doing something differently.
    I'll keep you all posted :)

V1
    This is the very first version i made. This one differs from the other builds because it was before i realised there was an EQ setting. The sound quality of this build is average, just as good as the stock sound quality, and is slightly louder. Perfect for those who want a slight increase of sound with no compromise to audio quality.

V2 - *Most Popular*
    In this version i included the AudioFilter file. The AudioFilter.csv controls the EQ and Compression settings, which is disabled by default (on the stock and V1 files). Increasing the Gain for each frequency band boosts the overall volume, but also causes distortion. Quite a loud version but also pretty distorted.

V3
    using the same method as V2 but with a much higher gain setting. the result is a very loud overall volume but also a very distorted overall sound. For those who prefere volume over quality.

V4
    the complete opposite of V3. This is a pretty quiet build but, by using the new Hero audio files which have a new EQ enabled, it has a much better 'sound quality'. for those of you who enjoy your music for the clarity and not the volume.

V5
    Based on V3. The sound quality is slightly better in both the external speaker and headphones but the headphone volume is much, much louder. It is NOT recomended to have it set to full volume when listening to music through the headphones.

V5_r2 - *ALSO CALLED HEADSET BOOST IN MY APP*
    As V5 was only an update for V3, i thought i'd make an update that works for all versions. Again, this increases the wired headset volume, but increases it by different amounts, depending on what version is being used. e.g. it will be louder on V3 than on V2. it will be louder on V2 than V1 etc.

V6 - *Loudest*
    This is an 'update', much like V5. Use either v1, 2 or 3 and THEN push V6. or, pull the AudioPara4.csv from any of these versions and push all 3 files. This CAN be used with stock settings but it wont be as good!
    Thanks to GoldenarmZ's new banding frequencies i managed to get the sound much 'bassier' and after finally figuring out the new 'Hero EQ' i've managed to get the sound much clearer. the result through the headphones is a nice mix of both, suitable for almost all types of music.
    You must push both files included.

This version is still in the beta stages and pretty experimental. If you choose to use it you do so at your own risk

GENERATION 7 (2nd Revisions) - *Latest* - *BEST QUALITY*
    Ok, here are my V7 Generation files. The zip contains v1r2, v2r2 (v7), v3r2 and v6r2. i've tried to improve them as much as possible, you may like them, you may not.

- V1 revision 2
    Due to it not being distorted at all anyway, i added the compressor and made it slightly louder. not a lot has been changed here.
    - V2 revision 2
    Completely distortion-less! The most popular version due to it's loud volume and good sound quality. Now being used pre-built into many custom ROMs.
    - V3 revision 2
    Not sure about this one. Still very distorted (due to it's volume) and it's now slightly quieter than the original v3. Some of you may like this version, some of you may hate it.
    - V6 revision 2
    Managed to retain the bass whilst removing some of the distortion. I also lowered the volume slightly.
    TIP!!! - Have the volume set 3 below maximum to get the best sound out of this version. At this level it sounds pretty good.

New Headset Boost (with Sapphire fix thanks to crypticc)
    Only contains an AudioPara4.csv. The quality isn't great, because on full volume, it is VERY loud indeed. This is just a trail run and it's most probably not too stable.
    This is achieved in a much more simple way than my last headset boost which used some weird bug in the files which failed to work half the time, whereas this one has the correct values changed, thanks to the new 'labeled' AudioPara.csv
    WARNING: Not 100% Stable. Use At Your Own Risk!!!

You must push ALL files included.

For best sound possible use mp3 files that have a 320kb bit rate or higher. Or, better still, don't use mp3's.

MANUAL UPDATE
    WARNING: This will NOT work if you don't have ADB set up on your computer. For a guide to setting up ADB check the official google android site.

METHOD 1
    Download your prefered build (see above for info), and extract the files to anywhere. For the sake of the tutorial, extract it to 'Desktop'. Next open up your cmd and get adb started:
    Code:
    [COLOR=lime]adb remount[/COLOR] ([COLOR="Red"]sudo adb remount[/COLOR] for linux users)
    - wait for the 'remount succeeded' message
    [COLOR=#00ff00]adb push Desktop/AudioFilter.csv system/etc[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#00ff00]adb push Desktop/AudioPara4.csv system/etc[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]adb push Desktop/AudioPreProcess.csv system/etc[/COLOR] - If Version requires it
    [COLOR=seagreen]adb push Desktop/AudioPara4_TMUS.csv system/etc[/COLOR] - Optional
    if the version you are using doesn't contain a TMUS file, just leave it out. it isn't vital.
    once that has all worked correctly it is just a matter of:
    Code:
    [COLOR=deepskyblue]adb shell[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=deepskyblue]reboot[/COLOR]
    and you're done! your new volume settings should take effect when the phone boots up.

METHOD 2
    WARNING: This version does not need ADB, but it does need a signing tool and a good understanding of the update.zip flashing method.

first of all, find the custom ROM you wish to use (if you choose the one you are currently using you will not have to wipe) and open it with WinRar, 7zip or something similar.
    Navigate to 'system/etc' and delete the AudioPara4.csv, AudioFilter.csv and, if the build includes it, the AudioPara4_TMUS.csv and AudioPreProcess.csv.

ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE DELETING.

Once they have been deleted it's just a case of dragging the new files from your preferred version into the folder. Once that has been done, you will need to re-sign the update.zip (very important you do this, otherwise the flashing wont work) and place it on your sdcard.
    Next, reboot your phone holding the home button, and pres alt+s.
    once your phone has flashed and rebooted, your audio settings will take effect!

METHOD 3

Thanks to LucidREM

This is all done from the terminal emulator on your phone -

Code:
    $su
    #mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
    #mkdir /sdcard/AudioBackUp
    #cd /system/etc/
    #busybox cp /AudioFilter.csv /sdcard/AudioBackUp
    #busybox cp /AudioPara_TMUS.csv /sdcard/AudioBackUp
    #busybox cp /AudioPara4.csv /sdcard/AudioBackUp
    #busybox cp /AudioPreProcess.csv /sdcard/AudioBackUp

#mkdir /sdcard/tmp
    #cd /sdcard/tmp
    #wget http://98.131.134.176/system/etc/v7/AudioFilter.csv
    #wget http://98.131.134.176/system/etc/v7/AudioPara4.csv
    #wget http://98.131.134.176/system/etc/v7/AudioPreProcess.csv

#busybox cp *.csv /system/etc

[COLOR="Red"]'v7' CAN BE REPLACED WITH ANY OTHER VERSION.[/COLOR]
    METHOD 4

Thanks to everyone who helped make and test this!!!

Louder Volume Hack v3.5

This app is avaliable on the market for £2.00 (not sure what that is in $) and will allow you to freely switch between any of the versions without the need for a computer or any typing. Many updates planned!

Includes:
    * Original versions (v1, 2, 3 and 6)
    * Generation 7 files [REVISION 2] (v1r2, 2r2, 3r2 and 6r2)
    * Headset Boost
    * Bluetooth Boost
    * In-Call Modifications
    and all possible combinations of these files.

A free 'LITE' version is avaliable Here, but only allows you to switch bewteen Stock and V2.

absolutelyandroid.com004_thumb1.png
    absolutelyandroid.com003_thumb1.png

and thats it :)
    enjoy!