4.2.2 usb not detected

Search This thread

jrea77

May 2, 2012
3city
hello, i am on "[rom] [4.2.2] Unofficial CyanogenMOD [cm10.1] - [feb19] - PREVIEW 5". i am having a problem with any of my computers recognizing my Note. i have re-installed the device drivers on my computers and have checked and unchecked all the options in the usb menu, MTP, Camera and usb storage......nothing is working, but the Note does charge thru the usb. i have tried Airdroid and it works ok, the only thing is that it doesn't support viewing the sd card, only the internal storage on the phone. Am i the only one with this problem or am i doing something wrong? :(

jrea77

May 2, 2012
3city
Download USB switcher from play store and mount as MTP then reboot

Thanks for letting know about this app, but unfortunately it did nothing for me. i installed the app, i have android debugging checked, i gave it root permission, and tried both MTP and Mass Storage and rebooted and nothing happened. PC still does not see it. did i do something wrong?

lolTrout

Feb 19, 2013
Berea
hello, i am on "[rom] [4.2.2] Unofficial CyanogenMOD [cm10.1] - [feb19] - PREVIEW 5". i am having a problem with any of my computers recognizing my Note. i have re-installed the device drivers on my computers and have checked and unchecked all the options in the usb menu, MTP, Camera and usb storage......nothing is working, but the Note does charge thru the usb. i have tried Airdroid and it works ok, the only thing is that it doesn't support viewing the sd card, only the internal storage on the phone. Am i the only one with this problem or am i doing something wrong? :(

It's the rom atm I believe, I have the same exact issue, just use AirDroid, it works very well. If they ever fix this USB issue, I probably will never go back to it, AirDroid is so much better.

jrea77

May 2, 2012
3city
ya i agree......i actually just figured out how to view the stuff on my eternal sd card with AirDroid. works very well. it will do for now....the thing that will bug me is that the regular options on the phone is working for some people and not others on this rom....

jrea77

May 2, 2012
3city
I think its the kernel, and I'm sure Jamie will see how to fix that.

So Airdroid is a good work around? How is the transfer speed for photos?

yes...it is a very good work around. ive been using it since i figured out how to access my sd card. its pretty fast. as soon as i hit "ok" to download a pic from my phone to my pc its already done before the "save file" dialog box closes.

jrea77

May 2, 2012
3city
im not using fast charge....
and to the other post what do u mean "perform a windows update"? my windows is up to date. im using this ROM, "[rom] [4.2.2] Unofficial CyanogenMOD [cm10.1] - [feb19] - PREVIEW 5". everything worked fine on Preview 3, USB doesnt work on P4 or P5. i am not the only one that is having that problem on this ROM. for some people its working and for others its not.......

jrea77

May 2, 2012
3city
Here's the answer.

If you use a fast charge kernel it cuts off USB.

Switch kernels or turn off fast charge before you connect to your PC.

your post got me thinking.......so i did a little test.

since i am using 41g-4Aces-26-0219 kernel that supports the fast charge option i went to the fast charge settings and it is unticked (off) by default. i ticked (on) and it told me fast charge would be enabled if the kernel supported it blah blah blah. then i turned fast charge back off and plug in my phone and BOOM! USB storage worked again.
i think some how fast charge is actually enable when you first flash the kernel but it shows as not enabled in the fast charge menu option....
so long story short....fast charge was enabled but i never enabled it nor did it show as enabled.
thank you sir,,,,

wkemberly

Jun 18, 2013
fast charge

How did you find the fast charge setting? Where is it?

your post got me thinking.......so i did a little test.

since i am using 41g-4Aces-26-0219 kernel that supports the fast charge option i went to the fast charge settings and it is unticked (off) by default. i ticked (on) and it told me fast charge would be enabled if the kernel supported it blah blah blah. then i turned fast charge back off and plug in my phone and BOOM! USB storage worked again.
i think some how fast charge is actually enable when you first flash the kernel but it shows as not enabled in the fast charge menu option....
so long story short....fast charge was enabled but i never enabled it nor did it show as enabled.
thank you sir,,,,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's the answer.

If you use a fast charge kernel it cuts off USB.

Switch kernels or turn off fast charge before you connect to your PC.
    Download USB switcher from play store and mount as MTP then reboot