[Q] Flashing Custom ROMS - Flashed to PagePlus

Search This thread

vizion98

Dec 30, 2013
Dayton
Hey Everyone!

Ok, so just over 3 weeks ago I had my S3 flashed to PagePlus because I thought I was in a little over my head to attempt on my own. 2 days ago I was under the impression flashing and interchanging between roms was safe. I rooted, installed TWRP, and flashed CM11. I broke my flash and I believe it was because I wiped. I reverted back to JB 4.1.2 from my Nandroid backup and my flash was still broke. Can someone please tell me if I should only wipe Dalvik, or what I should do so I don't break my flash again. At $40-50 it gets very expensive to continue re-flashing to PP. If there is only certain roms to flash could you please list them? Thanks in advanced everybody!

-vizion

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
Hey Everyone!

Ok, so just over 3 weeks ago I had my S3 flashed to PagePlus because I thought I was in a little over my head to attempt on my own. 2 days ago I was under the impression flashing and interchanging between roms was safe. I rooted, installed TWRP, and flashed CM11. I broke my flash and I believe it was because I wiped. I reverted back to JB 4.1.2 from my Nandroid backup and my flash was still broke. Can someone please tell me if I should only wipe Dalvik, or what I should do so I don't break my flash again. At $40-50 it gets very expensive to continue re-flashing to PP. If there is only certain roms to flash could you please list them? Thanks in advanced everybody!

-vizion

Go here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2605733 and ask this guy cjmcsw87, he knows how to address your issue.

vizion98

Dec 30, 2013
Dayton
Ok I will pm him. Thanks for referring me to the thread. Definitely want to clarify this before attempting to flash again.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

fathergweedo

Feb 8, 2014
Detroit
LG V20
Moto G Stylus 5G
Hey Everyone!

-vizion

Have you resolved this issue? I too recently had my S3 flashed to PP while on Scott's CleanROM Seven http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1832070. (pretty much a stock debloated ROM based on the latest Verizon released VRBMF1 Jellybean 4.1.2). I would like to try his latest CleanRom8 (based on 4.3), but I don't want to lose my PP flash.

Do you (or anyone else) know what should be backed up or omitted to prevent losing my PP settings?

I'm currently on TWRP v2.6.3.1, would the PhilZ recovery in your link be better?

Regards - FG

Last edited:

vizion98

Dec 30, 2013
Dayton
Have you resolved this issue? I too recently had my S3 flashed to PP while on Scott's CleanROM Seven http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1832070. (pretty much a stock debloated ROM based on the latest Verizon released VRBMF1 Jellybean 4.1.2). I would like to try his latest CleanRom8 (based on 4.3), but I don't want to lose my PP flash.

Do you (or anyone else) know what should be backed up or omitted to prevent losing my PP settings?

I'm currently on TWRP v2.6.3.1, would the PhilZ recovery in your link be better?

Regards - FG

I believe it had something to do with what the guy did to flash it. I kept breaking it with his flash. I flashed the phone on my own and I am running mastamoon's CM11 with working text, talk, and data. Flashing custom roms should NOT break a flash. Best I can say is give it a try. If it breaks I can remotely flash you talk and text again and you could look to Viper or Nevell for help getting data back, but once again it should NOT break your PP flash. Hope this helps.

EDIT: If you go to the rom in my signature there is a CWM swipe recovery in that thread. I am successfully running that right now. I personally like the layout of TWRP better, but seem to have more success with CWM and it seems like most if not all roms are supported by CWM recoveries.

Last edited: