[KERNEL][GPL][SM 4.10] TheArkenstone for the S5 [G900F/I/M/T/W8]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Gnome

Jul 2, 2013
Red Light District
DISCLAIMER: Tested on SM-G900F/I/M/T/W8 only, as per others, it works on other variants so flash at your own risk. And do not try to flash this on exynos(SM-G900H) It'll definitely wont work.

Feel free to post anything here even though its off topic, benchmarks, or whatever you want to say, just please respect each other. This thread is opened to help other people "Help each other" so off topic discussion is allowed and I can focus on development more, just help each other and make the community happier. And please, do not MIRROR my links. Thanks!

Kernels will be tagged with a date next to the name. i.e TheArkenstone-(DATE).zip I dont usually change the title of the thread just like others, if I'll be updating it I'll be posting it here, so if you want to get updated just check the thread from time to time.

Features:
  • Based on SM-G900F_KK_Opensource_Update1
    [*] Build Optimizations
    [*] Performance through research
    [*] Kernel zImage-dtb instead of zImage
    [*] SaberMod Toolchain GCC 4.10
    [*] -O3, A15, Memory, Graphite Optimized
    [*] Tweaked Governors
    [*] FIOPS, SIO Schedulers
    [*] Voltage Control
    [*] Hotplug Control
    [*] F2FS Support
    [*] faux sound control
    [*] init.d support
***Check SOURCE for full changelog***

How to:
  • Download kernel
    [*] boot to recovery
    [*] flash the kernel
    [*] reboot
    [*] Profit
Thanks to:

Download:

Link

=======
Please rate the thread 5 stars for appreciation.
=======

Last edited:

schalkerjung1984

Mar 20, 2011
Benchmark after reboot the device!
ypyrumur.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

tvhak

Sep 25, 2007
tilburg
thanks for all the work

downloading the kernel right now.

edit

i see that you removed oc may i ask why that is?
hope you will bring that back again. so i can test how much the phone can handle

Last edited:
Reactions: Gnome

Gnome

Jul 2, 2013
Red Light District
thanks for all the work

downloading the kernel right now.

edit

i see that you removed oc may i ask why that is?
hope you will bring that back again. so i can test how much the phone can handle

Its there I just haven't enabled it, once I get the device, hopefully stocks come in this week, I'll test it first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HappyDude69

Apr 14, 2014
Freshly imaged with ExraStoLite, then beforeboot installed this kernel. Antutu gave it 36001

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-05-16-14-15.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-05-16-14-15.png
    213.3 KB · Views: 2,536

a2441918

Inactive Recognized Developer / Senior Member
Jan 1, 2011
New York
Is there a exynos version of the s5?

Sent from my SOKP powered Galaxy S 4 i9500.

HappyDude69

Apr 14, 2014
Actually is there already its not activated though, once I have the device I'll be activating it and check it first.

Yeah, I read that in another post... Still cant wait :) I'm also assuming that you will enable under clocking? For a min of 198 or 300 ish... With the S4, having the clock set to 198 for the min and a max of 512 during sleep mode made a HUGE increase for batter life when needed... I was able to go a week with out charging with airplane mode and was still using the camera to take pics {stats still showed the screen was on for 38%} while I was camping.

Gnome

Jul 2, 2013
Red Light District
Yeah, I read that in another post... Still cant wait :) I'm also assuming that you will enable under clocking? For a min of 198 or 300 ish... With the S4, having the clock set to 198 for the min and a max of 512 during sleep mode made a HUGE increase for batter life when needed... I was able to go a week with out charging with airplane mode and was still using the camera to take pics {stats still showed the screen was on for 38%} while I was camping.

Yeah, why not, once I have the device I'll do that, I've been waiting for my local carrier here in our country to ship it but its been a week now and they still dont have any stocks for the S5. So all I can do is just wait. :/

Gnome

Jul 2, 2013
Red Light District
Did a small update on the kernel.

Check SOURCE for changelog.

Kernels will be tagged with a date next to the name. i.e TheArkenstone-(DATE).zip I dont usually change the title of the thread just like others, if I'll be updating it I'll be posting it here, so if you want to get updated just check the thread from time to time. ;)

DOWNLOAD

tvhak

Sep 25, 2007
tilburg
Did a small update on the kernel.

Check SOURCE for changelog.

Kernels will be tagged with a date next to the name. i.e TheArkenstone-(DATE).zip I dont usually change the title of the thread just like others, if I'll be updating it I'll be posting it here, so if you want to get updated just check the thread from time to time. ;)

DOWNLOAD

thanks downloading now

X

xtechx

Works on the M variant

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER: Tested on SM-G900F/I/M/T/W8 only, as per others, it works on other variants so flash at your own risk. And do not try to flash this on exynos(SM-G900H) It'll definitely wont work.

Feel free to post anything here even though its off topic, benchmarks, or whatever you want to say, just please respect each other. This thread is opened to help other people "Help each other" so off topic discussion is allowed and I can focus on development more, just help each other and make the community happier. And please, do not MIRROR my links. Thanks!

Kernels will be tagged with a date next to the name. i.e TheArkenstone-(DATE).zip I dont usually change the title of the thread just like others, if I'll be updating it I'll be posting it here, so if you want to get updated just check the thread from time to time.

Features:
    • Based on SM-G900F_KK_Opensource_Update1
      [*] Build Optimizations
      [*] Performance through research
      [*] Kernel zImage-dtb instead of zImage
      [*] SaberMod Toolchain GCC 4.10
      [*] -O3, A15, Memory, Graphite Optimized
      [*] Tweaked Governors
      [*] FIOPS, SIO Schedulers
      [*] Voltage Control
      [*] Hotplug Control
      [*] F2FS Support
      [*] faux sound control
      [*] init.d support
    ***Check SOURCE for full changelog***

How to:
    • Download kernel
      [*] boot to recovery
      [*] flash the kernel
      [*] reboot
      [*] Profit
    Thanks to:

Download:

Link

=======
    Please rate the thread 5 stars for appreciation.
    =======
    Update might take awhile, but its worth the wait, I'm currently working on some useful features. Anyways just wait for it, its worth it.

Future changes: (WIP)

- OC Enabled
    - Tap to wake
    - back to SM 4.9.1(Stable)
    goodluck with applying. hope they will hire you

Yup, actually I got the Job as a Unix Systems Admin. So after processing my transfer I can go back to development, Oh yeah I'm about to finish porting Tap 2 wake, once Im finished with my other important things to do I'll post a test build here, and yeah unfortunately the S5 is still out of stock here for about a month now, so I dont have the device from our carrier yet. :/

Edit: Good News, I just got a call from our carrier and I'll be getting the S5 in 2-3 days.
    Whats with the ROM hype? People just really cant wait for a stable CM build, once raw sources are out, they just start building and a lot are still broken, but kudos to them. Anyways I see no point building an CM/AOSP kernel this early since CM based ROMs does still have a lot of things that needs work on. So sorry no CM/AOSP kernel support yet, I'll wait for a stable build first. ;)