Ak-xGenesis-GEE Kernel

Search This thread

gearslam

Jun 15, 2007
Pasadena
This Kernel is a port of the anarkia1976's Ak-xGenesis kernel for Optimus G.
It is for GEE based ROM's only.

Performance, Stability, and overall Functionality was the primary goal.
It includes the features of the Nexus 4 Ak xGenesis Kernel with some additional GPU Overclocking, L2 Tweaks. It includes some fixes for rotation issues and 5Ghz WiFi.

For those not familiar with Boost Control:
It raises MIN clock speed when the screen is touched for a set period of time. By default it is enabled and set to adjust Core 0 & 1 to 918Mhz, Core 2 to 702 Mhz, and Core 3 to 594Mhz for 1sec. It can be turned on/off and the Frequency's and Duration can be adjusted using TricksterMOD under MP-Decision Control. So if it appears you MIN frequency isn't sticking this is the reason.

USB OTG is working.
I have used faux123's FauxClock App to activate OTG Hack Nexus 4 under Miscellaneous Tweaks. Then use Chainfire's StickMount to mount the Drive. It will be located under internal storage as usbStorage/sda1/

Source:
https://github.com/gearslam/Ak-xGenesis-gee-MHL

Versions:
1.1 - Fixed S2W in MHL version.

Downloads:

The downloads are broken down into SLIMPort and MHL builds.
The S2W function now works flawless under SLIMPort and MHL version.
Version's with MOD after them are for ThatKawaiiGuy's ROM's and unofficial CM11 ROM's built on and after 05/05/2014.

GEE Download:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3Vq3sppfNgnRDFDdnM2ZUdHLWs&usp=sharing

GEEB Download:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3Vq3sppfNgnZG4yZjgyZGZLSW8&usp=sharing

XDA:DevDB Information
Ak-xGenesis-gee, Kernel for the Sprint LG Optimus G

Contributors
gearslam, ak, faust93, ThatKawaiiGuy, xboxfanj
Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2014-05-07
Last Updated 2014-05-10

dopy25

Feb 21, 2009
Fresno
Awesome!!! I'm going to DL now and flash. This is great! Glad you hooked this up.

Thank you!

Edit:
Do you know if these have the kexec-hardboot feature enabled that is required for the primary kernel to have in order to do the multirom?

Last edited:
Reactions: bgkone

MitoTakatori

Jul 20, 2013
Quezon City
www.itman.philwebsite.com
I'm using slimport version and work great, no freeze :D

I see. I was on MHL when I have the freezes. I am on SlimPort now. Seems to be better.

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

@gearslam, mate, what kind of cable did you use in order for the USG OTG to work? Did you just enabled the OTG hack using Faust Clock, then mounted drive using stickmount? Can you post a step by step info regarding it? I really want to test it. Thanks!!!

grunch21

Feb 13, 2014
Great! Have been waiting for ak mod, thanks for this.
Just tested this on carbon gee, overall it feels snappy and battery life is pretty good too. However, i'm experiencing ghost touches occasionally (didn't happen previously with matrix-MOD and i wasn't charging either). I uv'd 100mV, 384 @ 725 mV. Could that be the cause? I'm using the SLIMport version btw.
Thanks!

EDIT: Experiencing screen freezes and ghost touches several times a day with slimport and mhl, default setting, no uv and oc, dt2w enabled. And it seems s2w always active even though i didn't enable it. Please fix this issue. Also could you pls add init.d to tweak colors? I feel the default color setting too dark.

EDIT2: Apparently those issues only happen on carbon gee, or some tweaks i made. Working flawlessly on official slim geeb and lego rom. Apologize..

Last edited:

cyraxx84

Jul 5, 2012
Question: is it really possible to use a slimport on our G? Thought all the time that it's hardware related.

grunch21

Feb 13, 2014
So it´s possbile to use the official e970 SlimRom for our e975 with this kernel?

Yep. It's so darn FAST!!

uploadfromtaptalk1399640477089.jpg

Last edited:

likwidkool

May 17, 2013
Kernel is awesome but I'm getting camera errors. It freezes and then FC's. Only a reboot will fix. Running slimport-mod on cm11-gee with banks minimal gapps. I have Google camera and aosp camera installed. Both won't work. Any ideas?

Sent from my LG-gee using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Kernel is a port of the anarkia1976's Ak-xGenesis kernel for Optimus G.
    It is for GEE based ROM's only.

Performance, Stability, and overall Functionality was the primary goal.
    It includes the features of the Nexus 4 Ak xGenesis Kernel with some additional GPU Overclocking, L2 Tweaks. It includes some fixes for rotation issues and 5Ghz WiFi.

For those not familiar with Boost Control:
    It raises MIN clock speed when the screen is touched for a set period of time. By default it is enabled and set to adjust Core 0 & 1 to 918Mhz, Core 2 to 702 Mhz, and Core 3 to 594Mhz for 1sec. It can be turned on/off and the Frequency's and Duration can be adjusted using TricksterMOD under MP-Decision Control. So if it appears you MIN frequency isn't sticking this is the reason.

USB OTG is working.
    I have used faux123's FauxClock App to activate OTG Hack Nexus 4 under Miscellaneous Tweaks. Then use Chainfire's StickMount to mount the Drive. It will be located under internal storage as usbStorage/sda1/

Source:
    https://github.com/gearslam/Ak-xGenesis-gee-MHL

Versions:
    1.1 - Fixed S2W in MHL version.

Downloads:

The downloads are broken down into SLIMPort and MHL builds.
    The S2W function now works flawless under SLIMPort and MHL version.
    Version's with MOD after them are for ThatKawaiiGuy's ROM's and unofficial CM11 ROM's built on and after 05/05/2014.

GEE Download:
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3Vq3sppfNgnRDFDdnM2ZUdHLWs&usp=sharing

GEEB Download:
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3Vq3sppfNgnZG4yZjgyZGZLSW8&usp=sharing

XDA:DevDB Information
    Ak-xGenesis-gee, Kernel for the Sprint LG Optimus G

Contributors
    gearslam, ak, faust93, ThatKawaiiGuy, xboxfanj
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2014-05-07
    Last Updated 2014-05-10
    Nobody should question where a developer has been and why they are not replying, everyone has real lives which are far more important than XDA. Remember XDA is a hobby, the work and research shared here is done so in peoples spare time. If you do not have patience to wait for the developer to reply or are not happy with them not replying then move on. There is no need to be hassling someone who is more than likely busy with real life issues.

Please show some respect and lets get back on topic.

Thread cleaned
    Hey @gearslam
    Any chance you can port the new "reborn" AK xGenesis kernel? GPU undervolting dude!

Sent from my LG-gee using Tapatalk

Definitely! I'm going to be out of town for a few weeks but I'll work on it when I get back.
    Please calm down. It is not nice to everybody here to ask like you are.
    It will come when it comes, and donating isn't the same as paying somebody for their services, donating is a sign of gratitude.
    Jesus, thank you, man. Constantly riding a developer for something is not going to get you anything, except for a negative attitude towards you, and a desire to not fix what it is you're complaining about. Donation or not, be patient and wait for him, because like I've said before, he is NOT on your time. You are on his. Don't like it? Use something else, or go back to stock. That simple.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk

Please calm down. It is not nice to everybody here to ask like you are.
    It will come when it comes, and donating isn't the same as paying somebody for their services, donating is a sign of gratitude.